FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:55 am
satori

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Has any current Diamond had any luck registering for this for the purposes of faster re-qualification?

Does this offer have an offer code?
I called Hyatt Gold Passport at the number shown on the promotion 1-800-228-3360 today to discuss the promotion.

I am currently a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member.

After some checking the agent stated that I can enroll for the Diamond elite 15 nights fast-track as a current Gold Passport Diamond member.

Like others I have held off on registration since I am pretty well booked between Starwood and Hilton (targetted elite fast-track offer) for the next two months. Hyatt will be my focus come September through November.

However, I advise others going for this promotion to take advantage of Hyatt stays during summer and work towards that elite status over the next 120 days. That is July through October.

The advantage of doing nights before the potential Faster Free Nights promotion in the fall is the ability to earn elite status with just a few multi-night stays.

I would much rather earn elite status with five 3-day stays at Hyatt Hotels to earn diamond with 15 nights rather than 13 single-night stays during a stays count double promotion to reach 25 stays for diamond status.

And then if the Hyatt Faster Free Nights promotion happens as rumored September 15 (Earn a free night after every two stays), the experience is so much better when you earn 1,000 points (Diamond amenity gift) every stay, internet access, and room upgrades.