Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members - 5/1-8/31 2009

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, LH Silver, National Exec Elite (was), HH Gold, and Hyatt Plat
Talking Diamond Requalification Challenge - Completed

Originally Posted by schoflyer
I agree w/ DealDetective.
Option A: Earning Diamond via 25+ stay credits during calendar year 2009.

Option B: Maintaining Diamond Trial Status with 15 nights are applicable to to the 120 period of the promo.

Two ways to skin the cat if you are on promo.

Of course that Tier Expiration date comes into somewhere.

Cheers,

Scho
Just completed my 15 nights (all in Hyatt Place) in 120 days Diamond Requal (1Jul to 23Sep) which gives me Diamond until Feb, 2011.

Thanks to FT's for this thread^. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all these points and maximum FFN promotion
Old Oct 11, 2009, 2:04 pm

Talking

Sorry if this is confusing, but I have a few questions

I became Plat in early August as a new member using this promotion. I just had my third stay since October 1'st this Thursday (10/8) at a HP. I assume this will credit on Tuesday, but don't mind waiting the full two weeks if I have to.

Will 3 sperate stays extend my Platinum till Feb 2011 since 3 nights x double stays = 6 stays?

Will I receive a card with the new expiration date (not the Dec 2009 tier date) and a Plat extra certificate?

I know I should get my first plat extras certificate for the 3 seperate stays, so its possible that when the stay posts I will have my earned plat certificate and hopefully one in my new card if I get it.

Did anyone who became Platinum with this promo who requalified receive a plat certificate with the new card with the new expiration date or is it only when you first get platinum and not requalification?

final question....
I never received my original welcome letter, so I didn't receive my first platinum extra certificate, and I just requested a duplicate card, which I assume won't have the certificate. What would have been included on it, is it the same as the Stay 3 & 6 one?

thanks for your time
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:07 am

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Originally Posted by jrm68
final question....
I never received my original welcome letter, so I didn't receive my first platinum extra certificate, and I just requested a duplicate card, which I assume won't have the certificate. What would have been included on it, is it the same as the Stay 3 & 6 one?
Plat cert isn't included in duplicated card.
BTW, I got a welcome package (including plat cert) when I have been upgraded to plat with this promotion.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sakura
Plat cert isn't included in duplicated card.
BTW, I got a welcome package (including plat cert) when I have been upgraded to plat with this promotion.
Thank you for your reply. I assumed I wouldn't get it with the duplicate card
Can you tell me what I missed out on, with the first certificate, was it 1,000 bonus points?

Also did you requalify as platinum during your 120 days, if so did you get a new card with a new expiration and new certificate?

thank you again
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:32 am

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Can you tell me what I missed out on, with the first certificate, was it 1,000 bonus points?
With the cert., you can choose
- complimentary food & beverage, or
- 1,000 bonus pts for dining, or
- RC upgrade.

Also did you requalify as platinum during your 120 days, if so did you get a new card with a new expiration and new certificate?
No...
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Hello all!

I've just joined HGP and I was wondering if the others have had luck getting this offer still! (Also, what does 'comped' mean!) If so, would the best way be to call them? Email them?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by sakura
With the cert., you can choose
- complimentary food & beverage, or
- 1,000 bonus pts for dining, or
- RC upgrade.

No...
A RC upgrade ..... Now I really won't be tipping my mailman for Xmas. Actually knowing that I am a goodie goodie pushover, I will, but not as much.

I may humble myself and call to see if I can receive another cert since I really didn't get the welcome pack, but I am sure the answer will be no

my third stay hasn't posted yet, but I am checking in tonight for number 4(thursdays are the cheap days near me) so I should know if we get new cards/certificates soon enough and will post the answer for you

*edited to add* I forgot to thank you for the information

Last edited by jrm68; Oct 15, 2009 at 5:15 am Reason: added more information
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:06 am

I Just Called Have 15 Nights and They Said Was For New Members Only

I was made instant platinum have 15 nights now and they say I can't get diamond since was for new members only.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Cole
I was made instant platinum have 15 nights now and they say I can't get diamond since was for new members only.
If you were given Platinum via the Elite Trial program, I would ask to speak to a supervisor, because the terms of the promotion did allow existing members to participate.

"To receive the benefit of this promotion, new members must enroll in Hyatt Gold Passport via goldpassport.com/trialoffer and current members must call Gold Passport Customer Service at (800) 228-3360 between May 1, 2009 and August 31, 2009. Upon enrollment you will receive a trial Platinum membership for 120 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2011, member must complete 5 eligible nights at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort worldwide, Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites within 120 days of enrollment. Complete 15 eligible nights and receive Diamond membership through February 2011."
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL, UA, HH, SPG
This wasn't directed at me, but I wanted to add my experience in case it helps. I joined as a Platinum under the promotion and recently requalified through 2011.

Hyatt just sent me a new card reflecting the 2011 date, along with the same certificate I received with my initial welcome packet.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by etcaveatamator
This wasn't directed at me, but I wanted to add my experience in case it helps. I joined as a Platinum under the promotion and recently requalified through 2011.

Hyatt just sent me a new card reflecting the 2011 date, along with the same certificate I received with my initial welcome packet.
Same here, started the promo as an existing member in August (albeit one without any recent prior stays), got instant Platinum, and recently qualified for Diamond.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I may as well re join and stay 15 nights and get diamond till 2011 than do my 25 stays 50 nights,.
what are they thinking
Or better yet, rough it up and do 13 separate nights (stays) in January 2010 and you will be Diamond until 2012 ^ add another night stay and you will also get a total of 7 free nights anywhere (to be used by March 31st) & lots of points.

Last edited by Kalboz; Nov 24, 2009 at 7:33 pm
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
I thought it was 15 stays, not 15 nights for diamond.. with the double stays, I thought I'd have cheap diamond.. doh. gonna have to figure out some more places to stay..
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goaliemn
I thought it was 15 stays, not 15 nights for diamond.. with the double stays, I thought I'd have cheap diamond.. doh. gonna have to figure out some more places to stay..
I was thinking the same as you were. But after figuring it all out after Hyatt announced the stays-count-double perk, I'm assuming (hoping?) it's okay for those of us who signed up for this fast-track promo to revert back to reaching Diamond status with the non-promo method. It means about 2 less stays/nights needed for me to reach Diamond by 12/31. It all got kind of complex on Oct. 1! The double stay count is more advantageous (for me) than then 15 nights.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by Steph58
I was thinking the same as you were. But after figuring it all out after Hyatt announced the stays-count-double perk, I'm assuming (hoping?) it's okay for those of us who signed up for this fast-track promo to revert back to reaching Diamond status with the non-promo method. It means about 2 less stays/nights needed for me to reach Diamond by 12/31. It all got kind of complex on Oct. 1! The double stay count is more advantageous (for me) than then 15 nights.
Should be fine. Two ways to skin that cat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.