Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt at Olive 8 (Seattle) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by soartoday
Staying here now... they have a green choice program to decline housekeeping and receive points. Does anyone know how many points per night it is?
Answering my own question: it was 500 points per night of deferred housekeeping.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:34 pm

I stayed here for a single night and was really impressed! Or, maybe just it's my being new to Hyatt because I usually stayed with SPG and always found the room to be minimally decorated, cookie-cutter boring design.

The amenities and room design seems to be a notch better than other hotels that I frequent, which at a price just above $100 per night makes me happy. No status so cannot say anything on frequent guest treatment.

Reading the comments above make me really want to go stay at the GH for a mattress run.
ryandc99 and 59Impala like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Just finished my first stay here in a couple of years. Urbane service was absolutely awful at peak time on Sunday - took literally a half hour to get a receipt after finishing my meal. Hotel also is encouraging guests to drink Seattle tap water, which I like, but the water bottles in the refrigerator note that they'll charge you $1 if you drink them, which is against WoH policy for Globalists. I expect that they would probably waive the fee if I said anything, but I decided just not to bother with the bottles altogether. I do like this hotel otherwise.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
Just finished my first stay here in a couple of years. Urbane service was absolutely awful at peak time on Sunday - took literally a half hour to get a receipt after finishing my meal. Hotel also is encouraging guests to drink Seattle tap water, which I like, but the water bottles in the refrigerator note that they'll charge you $1 if you drink them, which is against WoH policy for Globalists. I expect that they would probably waive the fee if I said anything, but I decided just not to bother with the bottles altogether. I do like this hotel otherwise.
Urbane service was fine but the kitchen was slow even on a non-peak day during breakfast. However the breakfast is much better than any US lounge.

The $1 hanger on the bottle is for all guest not Globalist; they sent up several bottles of water when requested without charge. Seattle tap water taste pretty good; lot better than many places.

The pool is top notch. Rooms are in good condition. WiFi is fast enough for streaming. Only complaint was hot water temperature fluctuates during peak times..
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:58 am

I find the pool area to be this property’s only real advantage over other options. Personally I think it needs a renovation and I thought the breakfast was mediocre over multiple stays.

The HR Seattle is superior with the best club lounge I’ve ever experienced in North America (and I typically prefer properties without clubs...)

Suddenly lots of interesting choices in Seattle beyond the Grand Hyatt and Olive 8 (both of which, I believe, are franchises run by same people so NOT run by Hyatt Corporate which in my experience means not as well run ). The Thompson looks amazing.... HR Lake Washington can be crazy cheap and is a beautiful building in a gorgeous (if it works for you) location, and newest addition Moxy looks intriguing too. Until they renovate (or reduce prices dramatically) I see no reason to stay at either the Grand Hyatt or Olive 8...

Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Until they renovate (or reduce prices dramatically) I see no reason to stay at either the Grand Hyatt or Olive 8...
I had a very poor stay at Olive 8 and swore I'd never return. The GH is just way too big a hotel for my liking, as is common for the brand. (Just like JW Marriott to me, which I also tend to avoid.)
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I had a very poor stay at Olive 8 and swore I'd never return. The GH is just way too big a hotel for my liking, as is common for the brand. (Just like JW Marriott to me, which I also tend to avoid.)
I find the GH and the Olive 8 to be two of my favorite domestic Hyatt properties. To each their own!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:15 am

I find the GH and the Olive 8 to be two of my favorite domestic Hyatt properties. To each their own!
Would encourage you to try the brand new H.R. Seattle next time. I was skeptical going in, but really wowed by this property: greatly exceeded expectations.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
I just had a great stay at the Olive 8. Nice hotel and I was upgraded to a suite without asking. My only issue is that I tried to order room service and called repeatedly without any answer. Finally went downstairs to order and carry it myself.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:45 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by NJNY
I just had a great stay at the Olive 8. Nice hotel and I was upgraded to a suite without asking. My only issue is that I tried to order room service and called repeatedly without any answer. Finally went downstairs to order and carry it myself.
Unanswered calls to the front desk and room service, poor room service, and generally poor service otherwise were the hallmarks of my stay. When confronted with the summary of bad experiences, the hotel dodged responsibility and tried to evade my contact with managers. When I finally got in touch with managers, they dodged the issues, too. I won't be back.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Unanswered calls to the front desk and room service, poor room service, and generally poor service otherwise were the hallmarks of my stay. When confronted with the summary of bad experiences, the hotel dodged responsibility and tried to evade my contact with managers. When I finally got in touch with managers, they dodged the issues, too. I won't be back.
Not an excuse, but I believe both the Grand and Olive 8 are franchise properties operated by the same management company - thus they are not run by Hyatt and these are not Hyatt employees. One area where Hyatt CAN improve is better control over the franchises as they are, in my experience, not as well run.....
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Not an excuse, but I believe both the Grand and Olive 8 are franchise properties operated by the same management company - thus they are not run by Hyatt and these are not Hyatt employees. One area where Hyatt CAN improve is better control over the franchises as they are, in my experience, not as well run.....
Bolding mine. You should have stopped there.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Any post-COVID stays here? Based on TripAdvisor activity, it seems this hotel may have just reopened a few weeks ago.

I am visiting Seattle with my family for the first time in July. I really wanted to stay at the HR Seattle, but I'm able to use a Suite Upgrade at Olive 8 (and not at HR Seattle) which is important since I will be with family and could use the sapce.

Pros for Olive 8 seem to be: pool, good breakfast (if it's resumed to pre-COVID standards), and I can use a suite upgrade
Pros for HR Seattle seem to be: nice club, but it's very limited for now; and overall nice facility

If any suites open up at HR Seattle I think I will go for that, in the meantime just curious if anyone has any recent perspectives on Olive 8
Old Jun 19, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
It just reopened yes. I doubt there's any service to speak of there, but sure go for the suite if you can. The Regency is also on limited service, with grab and go for the club and I think breakfast from the lobby restaurant only.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:37 pm

Debating between this one and GH for an upcoming stay. Paid rate is fairly reasonable with thankyou code. They said pool is open 6.30 am - 10.30 pm and you can reserve an hour. Breakfast for globalists is room charge at the bagel shop, 26/person. Parking is at the HR (20/nigh with in and out privileges). Anyone has stayed at both this and GH and care to comment?
River in Sight likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.