FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/845001-park-hyatt-melbourne-review-master-thread.html)

BKKROP Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm

The lounge access is by card swipe, I think you will like her, IMO she is great, but then I'm no great judge.

TrojanHorse Feb 13, 2011 6:44 am

thanks for the input guys, as always ^

I think I'll use the diamond line to see if they can swing it for me

shillard Feb 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota (Post 15840598)
I Haven't stayed at the PH but I do stay at the other Melbourne Hyatt frequently. IMHO I think it is more centrally located than the PH and the service and staff are great.

Location is more convenient - sure, although the tram stop right near the PH entrance means you only walk 100m or so more than you would from the GH to catch one.

PH for me is quieter, has an infinitely superior pool (one of the best of any hotel in Australia), better room service menu, better breakfast offering (particularly the free full Radii breakfast for Diamonds), more consistent and generous upgrades, and a better aesthetic.

236Dakota Feb 14, 2011 1:25 am

Looks like I may have to try it.

m0hamed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Checked in yesterday for a one night stay around 6PM. Check in agent mentioned they had me in a Non Smoking room, then the agent next to her pointed to something on the screen, and then she said "We've managed a nice upgrade for you."

Walked up to 1963 to discover I had been given the Diplomatic Suite. I continue to like this property more and more.

chanp Feb 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 15878395)
Checked in yesterday for a one night stay around 6PM. Check in agent mentioned they had me in a Non Smoking room, then the agent next to her pointed to something on the screen, and then she said "We've managed a nice upgrade for you."

Walked up to 1963 to discover I had been given the Diplomatic Suite. I continue to like this property more and more.

Did you get any pics?

shillard Feb 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 15878395)

Epic Win.

I've been put there twice - the first time for a 12 hour stay (bugger), the second time for 3 nights. I didn't discover the kitchenette area and the extra toilet until the last day.....

m0hamed Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am

Originally Posted by chanp (Post 15879833)
Did you get any pics?

No pix, it looks more updated than the pics on the website though.

m0hamed Apr 6, 2011 6:58 pm

Another stay this week, and upgrade once again to the Diplomatic Suite. What's not to love about this property?

To clarify about breakfast, I was told that it normally is in Radii, however when there are big groups, like during the Aviation show, club guests and Diamonds are given breakfast in the lounge.

m0hamed May 13, 2011 5:55 am

Checked in for another stay this week. FD agent was the same charming woman I had on several of my last stays. She remembered me, welcomed me back and started with "Now, we're very busy..." at which point I thought she was going to say they couldn't upgrade me, however continued with "... so we've upgraded you to the Ambassador suite, my favourite room in the hotel."

The room was simply amazing, the size of 6 standard rooms at least, the bathroom the size of a Club Deluxe, and it also had a kitchen. Even the Park Lounge agents have stopped asking me for my room number and genuinely engage with me. I truly love this hotel and the management who recognise frequent guests.

HaryoS May 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Stay a few times here and always love the property. Perhaps, we can meet together and do the high tea? :D:D

By the way, how often you (M0hamed & other) stay or nights at this property? Just for my curiosity, wondering the benchmark for upgrading to specialty suites. Cheers

shillard May 15, 2011 4:30 am

Originally Posted by HaryoS (Post 16387464)
Stay a few times here and always love the property. Perhaps, we can meet together and do the high tea? :D:D

By the way, how often you (M0hamed & other) stay or nights at this property? Just for my curiosity, wondering the benchmark for upgrading to specialty suites. Cheers

I've scored the Ambassador Suite a few times - I stay here 12-15 times per year, 20-25 nights in total.

HaryoS May 15, 2011 5:56 am

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 16388388)
I've scored the Ambassador Suite a few times - I stay here 12-15 times per year, 20-25 nights in total.

Thank you Shillard :), I always got upgraded to Deluxe Room most of the time. May be, it (my turn) will come soon... Just wondering, have you ever compared the speciality suites to others hotels? and I believed Park Hyatt should be far more superior than others even to newly renovated Grand Hyatt Melbourne? Am I correct? :p

m0hamed May 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 16388388)

+1. My data would be the same. I also have a PL agent who now makes all my bookings as I discovered that they earn commission on reservations.

HaryoS May 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 16391268)
+1. My data would be the same. I also have a PL agent who now makes all my bookings as I discovered that they earn commission on reservations.

Thank you m0hamed. But just wondering, do you earn the upgrade on the first year, or you have been with Park Hyatt Melbourne a couple of year? Secondly, you will not earn points if you book it via travel agent (who basically earn commission?) Cheers, have a good day!