Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:52 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Yosi, your frankness and willingness to honestly answer direct questions are a real asset to the conversation.

Much better than the fictionish dribble, of what I call scare tactics, that I have seen on other forums.

I regularly use a corporate code when I'm at home, and have saved thousands of dollars. One could say that the hotel gains, because I would not stay there at the regular customer's rate. One could also say that I am being decietful for using a code without belonging to the group with which it is associated. All I know is that I get treated well and they get my revenue... so a third person could say it's a win win situation. However, there is no way that I would let them charge me rack rate if I was called on it. And, I doubt that they would. Like others have said, you may have to walk.... but that's the risk.

The truth is that it is a risk. You have shared experience on what could happen. Thank you. ^^
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
It doesn't have to be either the special rate or rack. In cases where I have learned of a special rate for a group of which I am not a member, and used it, I have also gone in prepared with one of the usual affinity group rates as backup. But it's never been necessary. I also anticipate in such situations that they can pull the card that it's non-qualifying for benefits. Also, mindful that it's a risk, I've sometimes pondered whether it's because I'm a Diamond that I'm not challenged.

The situation below seems to be almost unique, and I wonder if it's not a front desk person or supervisor going out of their way, "on the hunt", either because the rate is so extraordinarily low (and perhaps tried repeatedly), or because they have a wild hair. I've never heard of this in any situation, mine or others', over many years.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
...In Tokyo I've also had a situation where the business partner was contacted before i checked in to verify that I was entitled to the rate.
There is another aspect that bears mentioning again. That is that some large organizations encourage that their code be used because it increases their clout with the chain. Some don't, but some do.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 13, 2011 at 9:58 am
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:09 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Firewind
There is another aspect that bears mentioning again. That is that some large organizations encourage that their code be used because it increases their clout with the chain. Some don't, but some do.
I've also been witness to a large organization who couldn't get their own employees into a hotel for a special event using their rate because so many other people were using their rate. An anomaly, but it is a double edged sword.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by yosithezet
...An anomaly...
No. Very common with conventions if the employees wait, or their m&t isn't on the ball -- or if their organization says, "You have to stay down the street at the Quality Inn."
Old Mar 21, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
Anyone have a code for HP or Cisco?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:36 pm

government rate question

Quick question about government rates.....would a census worker's ID be considered a government ID? Census workers are federal employees, but the census is technically over, so.....

And yes, I do have morals and scruples, but they're....bendy sometimes when it comes to saving several hundred dollars on an upcoming stay.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Proof Required for Corporate Rate

Hi FTers,

Please take NOTE.

I had just returned from the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. I had booked the stay with a corporate code. I have been using this code for sometimes now. I had never been asked about it until this recently stay.

I was told they need some proof, be it company ID, letter from comapny, etc, that I am entitled to use the code.

I told them it is the weekend and there is no way I am able to get anything for them this time around. So, I was asked to present it the next time when I stay there.

They said if I am unable to provide proof, walk-in rate will apply.

Now, this is creating a bit of a tricking situation for me. I have since booked three future stays (May, August & December) using the same corporate code together with my last year's Diamond Suite Upgrade.

I had just called Diamond Desk and asked about having my rate change from corporate rate to pre-paid rate and to retain my UG. I was told it is fine as long as I don't change the date.

So I guess, I will need to do that, change the rate in order to avoid the awkward situation. Btw, the pre-paid rate has since increased 30% from the time I made the original bookings.

I am just thinking, as I am a frequent guest at this hotel, could it be that they noticed it or is it just that Hyatt is stepping up efford to ensure compliance. Oh well....
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:15 pm

Hi folks,

Does anyone have experience using Duty Free Shoppers N V rate (12114)?

or any working code for Park Hyatt Paris Vendome? Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:11 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
GH Shanghai

Anyone have personal experience with using the IBM code for Grand Hyatt (not PH) Shanghai and being requested ID on checkin? Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:20 am

Pfizer

Does anyone have the Corp Code for Pfizer?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
i will admit im on the fence on the ethics involved in this one. what annoys me is why do large corporations like IBM obtain significantly lower rates than joe blow like me. i know....they generate a lot of revenue for hyatt due to how much business they provide, blah blah...but does ibm really need a better deal on hotel rooms to go along with all of their tax breaks, etc?

how about using the AIG discount code or one of the other large financial institutions that we the taxpayers own part of....i think we have an argument there.

or why don't we flyertalk brethren get together and create the flyertalk group discount. we as a group would provide significant business to any hotel chain.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Providing proof on corporate stays, can done easily enough.

I have seen some very good rates disappear this year at some Asian properties. Use with caution, of course, and don't be an idiot if they ask for something.

You can easily get some business cards printed up, or print on your computer. In 100+ Corp stays over the last 2 years, I've been asked for a business card 10 times, and never specifically for the Corp discount, but for their files. Saying, "I'm on vacation, or I just ran out" almost always works.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by koctail
i will admit im on the fence on the ethics involved in this one. what annoys me is why do large corporations like IBM obtain significantly lower rates than joe blow like me. i know....they generate a lot of revenue for hyatt due to how much business they provide, blah blah...but does ibm really need a better deal on hotel rooms to go along with all of their tax breaks, etc?

how about using the AIG discount code or one of the other large financial institutions that we the taxpayers own part of....i think we have an argument there.

or why don't we flyertalk brethren get together and create the flyertalk group discount. we as a group would provide significant business to any hotel chain.
It might be interesting to know how much IBM actually spends at Hyatt each year, and if a group of FTers would even come close to matching that..
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Providing proof on corporate stays, can done easily enough.

I have seen some very good rates disappear this year at some Asian properties. Use with caution, of course, and don't be an idiot if they ask for something.

You can easily get some business cards printed up, or print on your computer. In 100+ Corp stays over the last 2 years, I've been asked for a business card 10 times, and never specifically for the Corp discount, but for their files. Saying, "I'm on vacation, or I just ran out" almost always works.
why would you say "your on vacation or you ran out" if you went to the trouble of printing out fake biz cards?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by koctail
why would you say "your on vacation or you ran out" if you went to the trouble of printing out fake biz cards?
I said you CAN print out cards. I mostly stay at the same properties, and don't get questioned at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.