Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:58 am

Hooray! Now I would consider Churchill again after a few year absence. My biggest pet peeve with the standard room was with the tub/shower combination.

Originally Posted by price123
Yes. In many standard rooms, there is now a large walk-in shower and no tub.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Note price123 says "many". Suggest you request new shower config if that is your preference. In standard king on 8th floor now with shower in tub. Shower works great, no complaints, but it's in the tub.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did the hotel install rainforest showers in some or all of the rooms?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:48 pm

no rainforest in mine.

have toggle btw hand unit and wall unit. great water pressure, no issues with me.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
no rainforest in mine.

have toggle btw hand unit and wall unit. great water pressure, no issues with me.
The 8th floor is not a renovated room so has the old shower over tub bathroom. The showers works fine but some people (me included) do not like this set up. We have a suite here maybe 95% of the time, so always have a standalone shower. These are quite small (similar to in Regency Club) - we find them fine and can just share the shower. Other people find them too cramped. We haven't had a problem with pressure or temperature.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Just finished a two night stay here, fortunately booked a while ago and was able to use a DSU. Still only floors 7, 8 & 9 open and they are now saying they don't expect to fully reopen 'until the end of the year', which would explain why it is showing full for a number of dates I tried to book in the next few months.

I really like the property for it's location, the bar and a number of the staff but I maintain my belief that for the price of a room here the lounge is one of the worst club lounges I come across. I'd rather they closed it so we could get a full breakfast in the restaurant*

*without having to pay extra for it before someone chimes in with that one.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Just finished a two night stay here, fortunately booked a while ago and was able to use a DSU. Still only floors 7, 8 & 9 open and they are now saying they don't expect to fully reopen 'until the end of the year', which would explain why it is showing full for a number of dates I tried to book in the next few months.

I really like the property for it's location, the bar and a number of the staff but I maintain my belief that for the price of a room here the lounge is one of the worst club lounges I come across. I'd rather they closed it so we could get a full breakfast in the restaurant*

*without having to pay extra for it before someone chimes in with that one.
What are they offering for breakfast now in the Club?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What are they offering for breakfast now in the Club?
One side of the 8th floor lounge (south) is open. Good Continental spread with cereals, fruits, juices, yogurts, breads/pastries/toast, cold cuts/cheeses, salad greens/veggies. Some cooked items such as scrambled eggs. Coffee machine with lattes/capp available. Service levels very high, very pleasant & excellent service.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One side of the 8th floor lounge (south) is open. Good Continental spread with cereals, fruits, juices, yogurts, breads/pastries/toast, cold cuts/cheeses, salad greens/veggies. Some cooked items such as scrambled eggs. Coffee machine with lattes/capp available. Service levels very high, very pleasant & excellent service.
No smoked salmon?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No smoked salmon?
Ha! Of course there was smoked salmon. I just don't like smoked salmon and am intentionally omitting any mention of it
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Ha! Of course there was smoked salmon. I just don't like smoked salmon and am intentionally omitting any mention of it
Me too !! And the last time I was there they had a whole cold salmon in the Club for the evening service. You just cut off chunks of it. Ugh.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Gold
Just wrapped up another stay here. As mentioned above, the room on the 8th floor was the same as it was last year (pre-explosion) so I suppose they haven't gotten around to renovating them yet. The lounge staff was on point as always. Diamond reception and general reception were in good spirits. The view was pretty poor as it's facing some construction next door.

Certain concierge staff need additional training, but that's a small blemish in an otherwise very enjoyable London property.

Last edited by mzrn; Sep 13, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I'm there at the end of this month, hoping for a renovated room. I agree the shower/tub combo sucks.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Just completed a stay on the 8th floor in an un-renovated room - same as usual, tiny bathroom with shower-tub combo, plus water temp problems - it kept going hot-cold-hot. Carpet was worn and the room felt a little unloved, I am so pleased they are renovating!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by SethLevy
I'm there at the end of this month, hoping for a renovated room. I agree the shower/tub combo sucks.
Avoid the 8th floor- no renovation there as of yet. Also of note, only one club lounge is open because of half the hotel being closed for renovations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.