Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by nicolas75

Still, the Churchill is located in the Marylebone district, which is being one of the hipsters' spots in London (around Chiltern Street).
Careful! Shoreditch thinks that it invented the term hipster! And it's not just Shoreditch there are plenty of up and coming areas within walking distance of the Andaz. Even Brick Lane is reinventing itself and there are some interesting new places to eat there
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Geographically the Andaz is pretty central to the City of London. Depends what you want to be central to?

You have Liverpool Street Station right next to the property so you can be anywhere in London quickly. The area around Liverpool Street is a really exciting area with a wide range of bars, restaurants, markets, etc,etc. What you aren't central to is Oxford Street which IMO is a blessing!
Isn't the Churchill also easily accessible to most parts of London via the Tube? According to the website, it's pretty close to a few stations. Are those not as big and well connected as Liverpool?

From the website of the Churchill:

"London Underground
Nearest tube stations:
Marble Arch (Central Line) - two minutes' walk from the hotel
Bond Street (Jubilee and Central Lines) - five minutes' walk from the hotel
Baker Street (Circle, Bakerloo, Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines) - seven minutes' walk from the hotel
The Underground is broken down into zones and fares are charged accordingly. We are better connected to a number of tube stations than any Park Lane hotel."
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Isn't the Churchill also easily accessible to most parts of London via the Tube? According to the website, it's pretty close to a few stations. Are those not as big and well connected as Liverpool?

"London Underground
Nearest tube stations:
Baker Street (Circle, Bakerloo, Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines) - seven minutes' walk from the hotel
The Underground is broken down into zones and fares are charged accordingly. We are better connected to a number of tube stations than any Park Lane hotel."
Liverpool Street Station is a major transportation hub with links to London Underground, London Overground, London Buses and National Rail so as well as one of the rail gateways into London it's also very well connected for local transport needs and will form part of the Crossrail system in the future.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:08 am

The Churchill is walking distance to the vast majority of Central London highlights. Under 30 minutes walking to:

Mayfair & Hyde Park
Knightsbridge & Harrods/Harvey Nics
Buckingham Palace on the Mall & Green/St. James's Park
Leicester/Trafalgar Squares & Soho/Covent Garden w/ the West End theatres on Shaftsbury
Notting Hill & Portobello Road

The downside of the Churchill is that I didn't say 15 minutes walking.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

"London Underground
Nearest tube stations:
Those "minutes" to the tube stations are only if you run. Add 5 minutes to each if you walk.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Those "minutes" to the tube stations are only if you run. Add 5 minutes to each if you walk.
LOL. Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
LOL. Thanks!
It's only a few blocks walk from Churchill to the Tube station, not a big deal at all, unless its raining
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
It's only a few blocks walk from Churchill to the Tube station, not a big deal at all, unless its raining
And there's a 90% chance of that most days !
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

"London Underground
Nearest tube stations:
However none of these stations are on the Piccadilly line, which is the tube from LHR. By contrast, many of the Park Lane hotels are a short walk from the Piccadilly line at Hyatt Park corner, which requires absolutely NO STAIRS with luggage, versus needing to walk up and down stairs for most London underground transfers.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
As a Hyatt Diamond I have an upcoming award stay booked at the hotel but am wondering what to expect. I've received two communications from the hotel advising of the construction and the alternate gym (so I love that they are proactive here) but am wondering if I should stay elsewhere for this trip.

Basically I am wondering if the rooms will be tired and the construction will make the hotel seem hectic.

Any thoughts?

If it helps I am not limiting myself to only Hyatt's for this trip.

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:08 am

http://london.churchill.hyatt.com/en...enovation.html

Does anyone have any pictures of the new room/suite? If supposedly renovation is completed by end of next month, I am sure some floors have already unveiled the new rooms, right?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by broadwayboy

Does anyone have any pictures of the new room/suite? If supposedly renovation is completed by end of next month, I am sure some floors have already unveiled the new rooms, right?
I'll be there next week, in a suite. I'll ask if any renovated rooms are available and take some pictures if so.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by broadwayboy

We do from a few months ago but were waiting for permission to post them. I'll get something up this weekend.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by price123
We do from a few months ago but were waiting for permission to post them. I'll get something up this weekend.
You need permission from the hotel to post pictures?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:58 pm

September

Staying here for 5 nights sept 18-23 using my points. Belated honeymoon and just switched from the Andaz to Churchill. Hope I don't regret it! Have Dianond membership so hoping for a good experience. Has anyone stayed recently? Are only the three floors still open? How is the noise?

Can I still use club lounge for breakfast if my points don't allow me a club level room? Would be nice to have a Portman square view. Any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.