Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by cmanc
After my previous post asking for advice from the regulars on what to do when the suite wasn't ready, I wanted to post an update and say that we had a wonderful stay. The suite was great and we had the corner connecting room for the kids. The service was fantastic and the manager apologized for the delay and offered to make up for the delay. Not wanting to take advantage we simply asked for a bottle of champagne. However the next day the manager came over to us when we were in the lounge to see if there was anything else she could do (we declined since frankly the champagne was more than enough). Great service even if the start was a little rocky. Only area for improvement would be the gym is small and not that well equipped and lack of pool/spa is also a miss for such a high quality property. Realize space is always at such a premium for London hotels though.
Glad it all worked out. We just booked for a Saturday in September a free suite night from the Hyatt visa. We arriving at LHR 0555, and while I don't expect that the suite will be ready, it would really be nice to if we could freshen up after our TATL. Any advice in particular as to what to ask for?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I would phone and say you understand room may not be ready but you would appreciate early check in due to flight arrival. There is a shower in club lounge so you could use that, or I think the gym has a shower.

Enjoy your stay. This is my favourite hotel in London due to service.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:19 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We arrived at 6AM from SYD, checked in around 8AM and the property gave us club access with the room was ready around 11AM.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:27 am

The gym does, but does the new Club lounge have a shower as well?

Originally Posted by price123
There is a shower in club lounge so you could use that, or I think the gym has a shower
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The new section of the club lounge (to the left as you exit the lifts) does not have a shower, but I think the section to the right still has one.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
I stayed here on that floor in early June. Bodyguard's on the floor at that time as well. It was kind of creepy. My request next time will be to stay on the 8th floor where the Regency Club is just to avoid being stared and glared at by some thug.
Are there Regency King Suites on the 8th floor with balconies facing Portman Square?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:52 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Are there Regency King Suites on the 8th floor with balconies facing Portman Square?
Don't think any rooms on any floor but the 9th have balconies.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Don't think any rooms on any floor but the 9th have balconies.
I concur. I believe these types of rooms are on the 9th floor.

I haven't stayed in one in 3-4 years, but I also seem to recall that 9 is a smoking floor. Is that true or still the case?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:42 am

9th floor is now a non-smoking floor. Only smoking floor is 3 (I think - may be 4).
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by price123
9th floor is now a non-smoking floor. Only smoking floor is 3 (I think - may be 4).
Good news! ^ I like the layout of the 9th floor suites.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Will we be able to get two twins?

Booked 5 nights at Hyatt Churchill in a couple weeks. Just requalified for Diamond so I called to use a suite upgrade. They have me in a Regency King which I am very excited about, and would be even more so if I were going with my husband, however I am staying with my mom and would prefer to have two queen beds or even two twins. They say the King can be separated into two twin beds but how does that work? They have the beds made up separately before I arrive?

It's just my mom so, while sleeping in a King w/her isn't ideal, we can tolerate it. However, I'd much rather have two smaller beds (she snores!).
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:25 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Just finished another enjoyable two night stay here, having used a Suite Upgrade Cert and getting a Portman Square facing Regency Suite on the 9th floor with the outdoor balcony.

The new RC area they have opened on the left on the 8th floor has also made a welcome difference and there is now no longer a bun fight to get seats at either breakfast or evening cocktails.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Has anyone managed to find reasonable room rates here? I'm not pleased with the per night rates that I am finding for the rest of the year
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:37 am

I generally pay £200-240 per night + VAT for weekend stays. Don't think you will get it cheaper than that unless you use a stay certificate ($249). I tend to book early, which I guess helps.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by meducate
Has anyone managed to find reasonable room rates here? I'm not pleased with the per night rates that I am finding for the rest of the year
I booked Sept. 16 - 19 for 216 GBP per night, on the senior citizen rate (my mom's staying with me and she's over 62). They are weekend nights so I think that's why they are so reasonable. When I looked to add Sept. 14 & 15, I think the rate was about 520 GBP per night, so I just used points for those two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.