Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Hello, does anybody know if it’s allowed to have food delivered at the hotel (eg Deliveroo)? And will you have to collect it at reception or will they allow the driver to bring it to your room/suite?
Thanks!
I highly doubt they will allow it to be delivered to your room, I know if I was a guest and saw that it would concern me, security has generally been good here
MSPeconomist and 59Impala like this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Hello, does anybody know if it’s allowed to have food delivered at the hotel (eg Deliveroo)? And will you have to collect it at reception or will they allow the driver to bring it to your room/suite?
Thanks!
I've had food delivered at quite a few different Hyatt properties, the reception/bell boy would hold it or deliver it to our room. I usually do try to go down stairs to meet the delivery person. I don't think you'll have any issues ordering in at this property.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Makes sense
Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2020, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I've had food delivered at quite a few different Hyatt properties, the reception/bell boy would hold it or deliver it to our room. I usually do try to go down stairs to meet the delivery person. I don't think you'll have any issues ordering in at this property.
I t think the original question which I replied to is delivery to your room via the delivery person, I can see coming down to the lobby to get ones food or having the bellman bring it to your room.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I t think the original question which I replied to is delivery to your room via the delivery person, I can see coming down to the lobby to get ones food or having the bellman bring it to your room.
My bad, his question looked like he was inquiring about delivery to the hotel with the words he used. He asked if he had to get it at reception or would it come to the room.

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
Hello, does anybody know if it’s allowed to have food delivered at the hotel (eg Deliveroo)?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by faboi0us
My bad, his question looked like he was inquiring about delivery to the hotel with the words he used. He asked if he had to get it at reception or would it come to the room.

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
Hello, does anybody know if it’s allowed to have food delivered at the hotel (eg Deliveroo)?

NP I just wanted to clarify my comment regarding delivery to ones room. Its amazing now we are taking our at home habits on the road !!
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Thanks!
And sorry if my question was not 100% clear due to English not being my first language.
So if I understood correctly food delivery is allowed at the hotel (lobby/reception) but not directly to the room.
Which would make sense as you probably need a room key to access any floor?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Thanks!
And sorry if my question was not 100% clear due to English not being my first language.
So if I understood correctly food delivery is allowed at the hotel (lobby/reception) but not directly to the room.
Which would make sense as you probably need a room key to access any floor?
I'd just contact the property and ask (both about accepting food delivery and direct access to the room for delivery). It depends on the specific hotel policy. Access to the Churchill's elevators require keys, but staff at any hotel can always allow approved visitors up the elevator. I suppose it depends on the delivery service as well (whether delivery to the room is presumed part of the service).

I've had couriers drop stuff off at the Churchill on many occasions, but not food. Worst case, you can always go outside to handle the delivery.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by gengar
I'd just contact the property and ask (both about accepting food delivery and direct access to the room for delivery). It depends on the specific hotel policy. Access to the Churchill's elevators require keys, but staff at any hotel can always allow approved visitors up the elevator. I suppose it depends on the delivery service as well (whether delivery to the room is presumed part of the service).

I've had couriers drop stuff off at the Churchill on many occasions, but not food. Worst case, you can always go outside to handle the delivery.
I think that given with whats going on in the world today this will become more the norm than ever
Old Aug 29, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I think that given with whats going on in the world today this will become more the norm than ever
Many properties were already moving in this direction pre-pandemic due to the increasing prevalence of delivery services (e.g., Andaz West Hollywood, which stopped offering room service between breakfast and dinner a few years ago). However, luxury properties cannot get away with failing to offer 24-hour room service and I expect those services to resume at such properties (if they haven't already).

Certainly, properties with lower standards may seek to use the pandemic as an excuse to reduce or eliminate room service, allowing them to forego, conveniently, what often fails to be a profit center.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Many properties were already moving in this direction pre-pandemic due to the increasing prevalence of delivery services (e.g., Andaz West Hollywood, which stopped offering room service between breakfast and dinner a few years ago). However, luxury properties cannot get away with failing to offer 24-hour room service and I expect those services to resume at such properties (if they haven't already).

Certainly, properties with lower standards may seek to use the pandemic as an excuse to reduce or eliminate room service, allowing them to forego, conveniently, what often fails to be a profit center.
So very true in all ways. Other than the truly high end hotels its anyone's guess as to what will happen next. As for the Churchill I will truly miss the lounges especially the "business" lounge truly a haven.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Service Update - 3 DecemberWe would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the UK Government requires the hotel to collect the full name, mobile telephone number - or email in case they are unable to provide a mobile telephone number - of anyone entering the premise (guests, contractors and visitors alike) and that face coverings must be worn in all public areas. Kindly be informed that we will be forced to refuse access to anyone refusing to abide by those rules.

Please note that, due to the new UK Government regulations, in all our Food and Beverage outlets, except Room Service, last orders need to be served at 22h00 at the latest (though our guests are welcome to stay until 23:00 to finish their meals and drinks) and that all guests must have vacated the outlets by 23:00. Furthermore, those same regulations require all our patrons to consume a substantial food dish in order to be able to order any alcohol.

The Churchill Bar & Terrace is open Monday to Friday from 15:00 until 23:00 and on Weekends from 12:00 until 23:00. Due to the heavy anticipated demand and limited space availability we strongly recommend making reservations in advance.

The Montagu Kitchen is open for Breakfast from 06h30 until 10h30 Monday to Friday and 07h00 until 11h00 on Weekends. Please note that the breakfast service is a la carte (and not buffet service.) All-Day Dining is available daily from 12:00 until 22:00 with last food orders taken at 21:15. We are also glad to reintroduce our Festive Afternoon Tea, Thursday through Sunday : 13:00 to 17h00 and our Sunday Brunch: 12h00 to 16h00.

The Promenade is open from 07h00 until 22h00.

Room Service remains available from 07h00 until 23h00.

We are also very excited to announce the opening of our new concept, the Montagu Kitchen Ski Lodge Pop Up Terrace from Monday, December 7th, 2020. The Montagu Kitchen Ski Lodge Pop Up Terrace is open daily from 15h00 until the 22h00. This winter, The Montagu Kitchen brings the aprčs ski to Marylebone with a pop up, heated Ski Lodge Terrace. Cosy up outdoors among faux fur rugs, tuck into indulgent alpine-inspired dishes including Swiss-style cheese fondue and mouth-watering Mont-Blanc XL Cheese Toastie, and get into the festive spirit with a winter warmer or bubbly in hand.

In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to share some of the measures that we have put in place in response to the COVID-19 situation to guarantee the safety of our guests and our staff.

1.We are checking the temperature of all guests, staff and visitors coming to the hotel

2.We have removed the Minibar from all rooms

3.We have temporarily closed our Regency Club lounges. We are delighted to offer you complimentary English Breakfast at The Montagu Kitchen as well as a choice between:

- 1 Daily voucher for 2 complimentary drinks from our Special Amenity Menu at the Promenade. As advised and as per national regulations, the voucher will only be able to be redeemed when ordering a substantial meal)

- 1 voucher for a takeaway bottle of wine during your stay

4.We have installed a limit on the number of people using the elevator

5.We have put in place some measures to limit the amount of people accessing your room:

a.Room Service and Luggage and item delivery and pickup are “drop and knock”, meaning that the items are delivered in front of your room and the waiter or luggage porter will knock to let you know it has arrived, wait for you to open the door to pick up your food/items but will not go in the room

b.Housekeeping Service is scheduled every three days, unless the guest requests daily service, in which case the room will be cleaned daily and the linen changed every three days. Please let us know your preference

6.Please note that all in room dining order are delivered in single use packaging and with single use cutlery.

7.We kindly ask our guests not to be present during room cleaning or during any maintenance

8.We have installed a minimum 72 hour waiting period between rehiring of any room or suite

9.We have removed most of the collaterals from the room. Guest compendium and room service menu will be available through our new TV system

10.We have reinforced our already strict cleaning and hygiene protocols

11.Our staff has undergone rigorous training on COVID-19 and its prevention
Old Dec 6, 2020, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Service Update - 3 DecemberWe would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the UK Government requires the hotel to collect the full name, mobile telephone number - or email in case they are unable to provide a mobile telephone number - of anyone entering the premise (guests, contractors and visitors alike) and that face coverings must be worn in all public areas. Kindly be informed that we will be forced to refuse access to anyone refusing to abide by those rules.

Please note that, due to the new UK Government regulations, in all our Food and Beverage outlets, except Room Service, last orders need to be served at 22h00 at the latest (though our guests are welcome to stay until 23:00 to finish their meals and drinks) and that all guests must have vacated the outlets by 23:00. Furthermore, those same regulations require all our patrons to consume a substantial food dish in order to be able to order any alcohol.

The Churchill Bar & Terrace is open Monday to Friday from 15:00 until 23:00 and on Weekends from 12:00 until 23:00. Due to the heavy anticipated demand and limited space availability we strongly recommend making reservations in advance.

The Montagu Kitchen is open for Breakfast from 06h30 until 10h30 Monday to Friday and 07h00 until 11h00 on Weekends. Please note that the breakfast service is a la carte (and not buffet service.) All-Day Dining is available daily from 12:00 until 22:00 with last food orders taken at 21:15. We are also glad to reintroduce our Festive Afternoon Tea, Thursday through Sunday : 13:00 to 17h00 and our Sunday Brunch: 12h00 to 16h00.

The Promenade is open from 07h00 until 22h00.

Room Service remains available from 07h00 until 23h00.

We are also very excited to announce the opening of our new concept, the Montagu Kitchen Ski Lodge Pop Up Terrace from Monday, December 7th, 2020. The Montagu Kitchen Ski Lodge Pop Up Terrace is open daily from 15h00 until the 22h00. This winter, The Montagu Kitchen brings the aprčs ski to Marylebone with a pop up, heated Ski Lodge Terrace. Cosy up outdoors among faux fur rugs, tuck into indulgent alpine-inspired dishes including Swiss-style cheese fondue and mouth-watering Mont-Blanc XL Cheese Toastie, and get into the festive spirit with a winter warmer or bubbly in hand.

In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to share some of the measures that we have put in place in response to the COVID-19 situation to guarantee the safety of our guests and our staff.

1.We are checking the temperature of all guests, staff and visitors coming to the hotel

2.We have removed the Minibar from all rooms

3.We have temporarily closed our Regency Club lounges. We are delighted to offer you complimentary English Breakfast at The Montagu Kitchen as well as a choice between:

- 1 Daily voucher for 2 complimentary drinks from our Special Amenity Menu at the Promenade. As advised and as per national regulations, the voucher will only be able to be redeemed when ordering a substantial meal)

- 1 voucher for a takeaway bottle of wine during your stay

4.We have installed a limit on the number of people using the elevator

5.We have put in place some measures to limit the amount of people accessing your room:

a.Room Service and Luggage and item delivery and pickup are “drop and knock”, meaning that the items are delivered in front of your room and the waiter or luggage porter will knock to let you know it has arrived, wait for you to open the door to pick up your food/items but will not go in the room

b.Housekeeping Service is scheduled every three days, unless the guest requests daily service, in which case the room will be cleaned daily and the linen changed every three days. Please let us know your preference

6.Please note that all in room dining order are delivered in single use packaging and with single use cutlery.

7.We kindly ask our guests not to be present during room cleaning or during any maintenance

8.We have installed a minimum 72 hour waiting period between rehiring of any room or suite

9.We have removed most of the collaterals from the room. Guest compendium and room service menu will be available through our new TV system

10.We have reinforced our already strict cleaning and hygiene protocols

11.Our staff has undergone rigorous training on COVID-19 and its prevention
So why would anyone go now? We are booked in August betting on the vaccine beginning this year and things calming down through second quarter.
SPLP007 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
So why would anyone go now? We are booked in August betting on the vaccine beginning this year and things calming down through second quarter.
Why would people stay at a hotel which has taken protective measures against catching a deadly virus?

I mean, I think the answer is self-evident really.
Markie, Boraxo, TravisMT81 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Why would people stay at a hotel which has taken protective measures against catching a deadly virus?

I mean, I think the answer is self-evident really.
Case in point a couple was arrested for traveling to Hawaii even though they tested positive for Covid 19, does anyone think that of all the international flyers they all have been tested and flying virus free? Those security staff at the airports are all clean ? I think the Churchill is making an admirable effort I t truly do and knowing the manager which I do it's as through as possible but it only takes one person just one person to throw a wrench into it. Secondly how really enjoyable is it traveling now for pleasure let along business? Even with the vaccine it will take months and months of it being in the wild to begin to show results I submit early summer which is why I have booked August to Europe what I am also being told by someone in "Warp Speed" London should be safe hesitant on the continent depending on agreements and distribution of the vaccine, as of now it's only England to have an approval and working to first "jabs". Suggestion, revisit this discussion May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.