Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 5:09 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by trd
I checked out yesterday . . . but I had been given one of the "old" rooms on the RC floor. RC staff, as ususal, was very good. I was just there over the weekend so I had no construction noise issues . . . although I did get a 5:30AM wake-up call that was NOT requested. I will be back next week end and have requested a renovatated room . . . we'll see.
Received a renovated room with park view. Room is definitely an improvement, although I agree with previous posters relative to the lack of drawer space and master room switch on wrong side of bed (for my preferences). HVAC improved BUT cannot set temp below 18C and I like a cold room to sleep . . . AND the windows no longer open -- this is big negative to me.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by trd
Received a renovated room with park view. Room is definitely an improvement, although I agree with previous posters relative to the lack of drawer space and master room switch on wrong side of bed (for my preferences). HVAC improved BUT cannot set temp below 18C and I like a cold room to sleep . . . AND the windows no longer open -- this is big negative to me.
The windows do open, but you have to have them come and unlock them.
Room was nice, but the water got all over the bathroom floor
it really is an accident waiting to happen
they really need to rethink the half shower door concept
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
I had a great time when I stayed here earlier this month. I have to also commend Adriana. I checked in to the hotel and my room wasn't ready yet so I headed to our office to pass some time and stay awake. A friend was meeting me at the hotel and Adriana took great care of him while she contacted me that he had arrived. ^

I found the rooms more "lively" than before the renovation. Fortunately there were minimal elevator disruptions during my stay but I did notice one being out of service about half of the time.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SethLevy
The windows do open, but you have to have them come and unlock them.
Room was nice, but the water got all over the bathroom floor
it really is an accident waiting to happen
they really need to rethink the half shower door concept
Unlike most hotel bathrooms, the remodeled suite I was in had no extra drain in the bathroom proper, just the ones in the shower, sink, and tub. Thus if there is a water problem there is no place for it to drain except to flow out all over the new room carpet if it gets bad enough.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 4:46 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Beerman92
I had a great time when I stayed here earlier this month. I have to also commend Adriana.
Is Adriana the one that looks like Scarlett Johanssen? If so, she has gone out of her way to help me on several occasions as well. ^
Old Nov 27, 2006, 5:39 am

Just returned from a 3-night stay. Checked in at 10:30AM and after a 10 minute wait, was given a -64 room in a non RC floor. Turned out to be for the better anyhow, as we were given vouchers for comp breakfast at The Montagu on the ground floor.

The new room is much nicer looking - mattress is fabulous. Love the desk, the new TV, but not sure about the material selection for the drapery. Bathroom has many issues, my biggest one is the flush button that is accessible only by closing the toilet lid. I love the glass screen at tub, but depending on water pressure from shower, water can splash everywhere including the bathroom door.

Amenity was a bowl of four plums and two bottled of water, accompanied by a nicely (albeit hard to read) hand-written note from the GM.

Breakfast is very good. I inquired if we have to pay extra to take the English b'fast (voucher says Cont), but was told to "go ahead and enjoy". I later looked at the menu, apparently Cont and English b'fast are priced the same at GBP15.

One thing that I noticed from previous stays is that bottled waters next to bed are never replaced, and housekeeping did not even take out the empty Hildon waters on the next day.

Overall, a wonderful stay. We did not even miss the RC Lounge as we were never back at the hotel before 11PM. I did go to the 2nd floor to look at the temp lounge -- the 2nd floor foyer is set up just like the old 8th floor. The temp lounge does not look so hot.

By the way, I pity the decision on the corridor carpet selection. That's the best they could come up with?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by meducate
Is Adriana the one that looks like Scarlett Johanssen? If so, she has gone out of her way to help me on several occasions as well. ^
Negative... while Adriana is attractive herself, I'd be hard pressed to find similarities in appearance with Ms. Johanssen.

I would have to say that Adriana is just one more of the several staff members that provide superior CS ^
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Negative... while Adriana is attractive herself, I'd be hard pressed to find similarities in appearance with Ms. Johanssen.

I would have to say that Adriana is just one more of the several staff members that provide superior CS ^
Well, whomever my Scarlett-like staffer was, I appreciated all that she did for me. This included crawling under the desk in my room trying to repair the Internet connection.

I will look for Adriana next time.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Ingrid?

She does look a bit like Scarlett, now that you mention it.

lala
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Advantage Gold
2 night stay this week. On Regency Club 9th floor. It is small room, but comfortable with great bed and nice furnishings. I certainly agree with previous posters about the small bathroom. I have flooded the bathroom twice, due to no curtain or glass door, even trying not to, by using the spray shower. The lounge is still on 2, but they have good offerings for breakfast and cocktails at night. This is a good hotel but I prefer other areas of London to the Oxford Street shopping district. The weather was great today, cool and sunny. I think the hotel is doing a fantastic job of compartmentalizing the renovation, and I would hardly know that one was going on, except for a short fire alarm test on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. I wish internet access was free. It should be an amenity for diamond and platinum members.

Last edited by rfctex; Jan 4, 2007 at 4:51 pm Reason: gave room number
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
We stayed in December, had a suite on the 5th floor. Lovely, nicely decorated and Adriana said that they had upgraded the amenities in the suites and the RC floor to Molton Brown, which is a nice change.

The food in the RC was great, but I'll be happy when that moves back to the 8th floor.

lala
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I can confirm the amenities are Molton Brown on the Regency Floor In fact I can confirm it a few times over ^ The amenity red wine offered was terrible (same stuff as in lounge) so I asked if they could give me more Molton Brown stuff instead, which they did! The room is small but functional and comfortable. The Regency club staff were excellent, including allowing me to use their computer on the second floor to check-in for my flight.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but the Fitness Centre is currently located in a hotel room on 2nd. It is VERY cramped with 3 treadmills, an elliptical and a bike. No TV. This would perhaps not be too bad but obviously no one talked to the Vendome about timing these renos as their fitness centre is also in renovations and when staying at these 2 hotels back to back this can be annoying. The equipement at the Vendome belongs in a museum too
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I can confirm the amenities are Molton Brown on the Regency Floor In fact I can confirm it a few times over ^ The amenity red wine offered was terrible (same stuff as in lounge) so I asked if they could give me more Molton Brown stuff instead, which they did! The room is small but functional and comfortable. The Regency club staff were excellent, including allowing me to use their computer on the second floor to check-in for my flight.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but the Fitness Centre is currently located in a hotel room on 2nd. It is VERY cramped with 3 treadmills, an elliptical and a bike. No TV. This would perhaps not be too bad but obviously no one talked to the Vendome about timing these renos as their fitness centre is also in renovations and when staying at these 2 hotels back to back this can be annoying. The equipement at the Vendome belongs in a museum too
I didn't use the gym at the Churchill this time, but thanks for the warning.

I am going to ask about more molton brown now too. They know better to leave us wine anymore and the Vendome just gives us fruit and chocolates. I would rather have more MB or some more Blaise Mautin moisturizer instead.

swoon.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 4:23 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back again this weekend and this stay is going more smoothly than the last one, although service omissions (hopefully not cutbacks) persist: no bottled water left at turndown, no diamond amenity so far. However, last night, amazingly, all three lifts were functional.

I'd suggest you not show up at this hotel without some 100 watt lightbulbs as they continue to put small, dimly glowing ones in the rooms. Do what I do: leave them behind installed in the fixtures to benefit the next guest!

The final half of the renovations have begun in earnest and the room stock is accordingly reduced. As in the past, however, there is little or no bother from construction noise.

I've read so much about the "amazing Adriana" here that I've been on the lookout for her -- so far, not been spotted.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
If I remember correctly, Ingrid is the German girl that used to work at Park Hyatt Hamburg. She is very nice and very helpful but I saw her at the front desk when I was there last Nov/Dec. She said she has moved to the front desk. I guess with the reduction of hotel room and RC guest, maybe they slightly reduced the RC staff and deployed them elsewhere.

The lounge on the 2nd floor was not that great since it is several rooms and gets packed. I eat very quickly the night and left and the spread was a little smaller than before but I was meeting friends for a concert and a late dinner so it did not matter. The next day I overslept and missed breakfast all together Third time I did that lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.