Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hakone, Japan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hakone, Japan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: OnePass, RIP. Mileage Plus - 1K. Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond.
Thanks, both bento and kaiseki dishes look good on their site. Will definitely try.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Unless you need to fit like four or five people in the room, Regency Twin is definitely your best option.
Is it possible to fit 4 in a room at this property? With a family of 4, I would rather paid/redeem for 1 room instead of 2.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by lewende
I thought so as well but was informed by the hotel that suite upgrade only applies to Regency Suite Twin. Oh well, that suite is the best suite so that I don't have any problem with that.
I've just been told the same. Very annoying as there is no Regency Twin available on our dates but there is a Tatami Suite available, which would actually suit us very well. Seems odd that they won't let us upgrade into it, when it's supposedly a lower category of suite than the Regency Twin.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
After reading the reviews we decide this was the place for us to spend one night in between Tokyo and Kyoto rather than an overpriced Ryokan where I would have to share a bathroom (nonstarter for us). So far HR Hakone has not disappointed.

On arrival via shuttle we only waited <1m to checkin. Others on the van appeared stale that we were taken first but diamond does have its privileges. Used an upgrade cert on lowest rate and was delighted to be preassigned to #306, probably didn't hurt that we are only here 1n. This suite is amazing, a massive living room with separate desk area plus separate bedroom with a sunroom and stunning views on 2 sides. One of the best room I've ever seen at a Hyatt. Plenty of free bottled water.

The hhour was underwhelming to say the least. Cheap wine and strangely only hard liquor option was scotch - no food whatsoever. But that's been the only disappointment.

We are off to Nobu for dinner but Will update this post later.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
30% off Holiday Promo in progress, for stays between December 1st and February 28th.

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:51 pm

I plan to stay at HR Hakone in Jan. with my family (2 adults + 2 kids). I noticed that the rate is much more expensive than single occupancy mostly due to a larger room needed for 4.

I am a diamond member and I have DSU. If I book a base room with single occupancy, and use DSU to upgrade to suite, will they still charge me for the extra guests at check-in? Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gh0001
I plan to stay at HR Hakone in Jan. with my family (2 adults + 2 kids). I noticed that the rate is much more expensive than single occupancy mostly due to a larger room needed for 4.

I am a diamond member and I have DSU. If I book a base room with single occupancy, and use DSU to upgrade to suite, will they still charge me for the extra guests at check-in? Thanks!
Almost certainly.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looking for P+C availability might do the trick.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they are children under 13, perhaps not. Try adding them to the reservation after applying your DSU.

Note: Regardless, you will need to pay for extra beds. Unless you get a Japanese suite and sleep on the floor, the suite beds are small and do not really accommodate more than two people. From personal experience, use of the sofa for sleeping is not recommended.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:56 am

thanks. I will try the DSU upgrade and/or C+P.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:06 am

thanks. I will try the DSU upgrade and/or C+P.
The extra charges for your children could be offset by the savings form C+P.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
The extra charges for your children could be offset by the savings form C+P.
Even though it's a Hyatt Regency, it's still a Cat 6 hotel. $150 + 12000 points a night isn't exactly chicken feed, especially if you have to buy the points to get it.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Even though it's a Hyatt Regency, it's still a Cat 6 hotel. $150 + 12000 points a night isn't exactly chicken feed, especially if you have to buy the points to get it.
I simply meant that as an alternative to paying the full daily rate for four occupants + DSU, $150 +12k points + DSU + surcharge for children might be more economical.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And it all depend on the "regular" rate, sometimes it's rather high.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:42 am

i also have chase award nights unused. I can reserve nights online but can they be cancelled like 1 day before?

Is it better to call Hyatt for chase award night redemption?

understand that DSU is not available for chase award nights. thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.