Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:54 pm

Amazing globalist treatment

Stayed with family in Feb 2024.
TSU certificate to upgrade to suite.
Got suite on 14th floor (out of 16) with great view of the creek.
No lounge but got the following comped:
1. Buffet style breakfast in Market Cafe, very expensive selection, great quality, everyone could find what they wanted plus try authentic dishes as well. All juices and espresso included. Just give room number when you enter and leave when you done, no check needed, nothing posted to the room. 6:30am-11am.
2. Drinks during the day at Manhattan grill right above market Cafe, should be comped. We have not tried it.
3. Evening dinner buffet at market Cafe 6pm-8pm. Extensive selection of authentic dishes as well as some standard ones. Nothing expensive, but fresh. Also comped for globalist for all 4 people in the family. Beer and wine unlimited - not a good quality.
Please note that if market Cafe is full, then you will be redirected to another restaurant that will be setup as buffet, but selection seems to be slightly cut there. You can ask to just wait for table to open at market Cafe instead.
8 bottles of water were restocked daily in the room, no charge.
Fresh fruit plate delivered to the room daily.
Bottle of wine waiting for us at the arrival.
Free roll out bed.
Hotel has multiple restaurants (sushi, Italian, Asian and such) and another cafe.
​​​​​​1 outside Pool was open, and plenty of space there. But they are remodeling the rest into a small water Park - should be fun when done. No noise from construction. Also smaller indoor pool and kiddy pool were open as well.
Kids loved peacocks by the pool.
Service was great throughout the hotel.
Room was nicely updated.
Great location, 10-15 by taxi to old town, airport, Burj califa, and about 30-40min to aquaventure and ski dubai.
If you don't care about beach access this is great hotel to stay in especially with early outbound flight.
Old May 9, 2024, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is there only 1 bar at this hotel, the jazz bar?
Old Jun 4, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I loved my time at the Grand Hyatt Dubai and could see myself picking this property over, say, the Park Hyatt. I’m even considering going back at some point within the next couple of weeks. Here are my impressions:

Pros:
  • Upgraded from a base room to a One Bedroom Garden View Suite (I think - that’s what the app showed before arrival) - very nice full suite
  • The suite design is aesthetically pleasing - especially the bathrooms
  • Bed was comfortable minus the pillows - very plush covers, medium-plush mattress
  • Shower pressure was decent (head pretty large)
  • Staff at the front desk was very friendly - greeted by 3+ people each time I went - very personable
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Market Cafe evening offering is very good - made to order pancake chef, pizzas, great grilled chicken, great mint chutney, sticky date pudding, etc
  • Market Cafe breakfast is delicious - great hashbrowns and potatoes au gratin, the same good mint chutney, good textured pancakes and waffles, good chicken sausage, good cheese omelet

Cons:
  • The pillows are overly firm / hard

I will definitely come back.

Photos:

Old Jun 4, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I loved my time at the Grand Hyatt Dubai and could see myself picking this property over, say, the Park Hyatt. I’m even considering going back at some point within the next couple of weeks. Here are my impressions:
Thanks for the comprehensive review. Unable to 'like'.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:21 am

Grand Club updates

Per chatting with the GC Manager, current plan is for the Manhattan Grille site to be the new permanent club lounge. Renovation will start “in a few weeks” and will take “a few months” to complete. In the meantime all day refreshments will be relocated to iZ restaurant. This means the end of tourist package buffets for Club guests is near, and contrary to many, I find the experience crowded and the provisions uninspiring. Maybe it’s just me being jet lagged.

Otherwise my experience echos my fellow Flyertalkers above. Welcome email before arrival, solid Globalist suite upgrade to a renovated Grand Suite overlooking the creek (i.e. water park construction site), and good service all around. Definitely ask for softer pillows in advance if you can’t stand firm ones. A note on the water park, construction is said to be “slower than expected”, and the current opening projection is December.

Last edited by GeneralTalker1030; Jun 10, 2024 at 7:28 am
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
On the Instagram site, hey announced that the water park will open early 2025.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 6:10 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I would be okay if they cut the dinner buffet, but getting rid of restaurant breakfast for Globalists would be very disappointing.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 3:59 pm

Hi everyone, a few questions if you don’t mind:

Is there anywhere to have cocktails, like a gin and tonic, for Globalists? Or are we limited to wine at the complimentary dinner buffet?

How is the live music in the evenings at the bar?
Old Jul 11, 2024, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott platinum, Hyatt Globalist
One of the above posts said a new lounge was being constructed. For stays in May/June 2025, would the Grand Hyatt be the best place to use a Club Access award out of all the Hyatts in Dubai? Been Globalist for 11 years, but think only 50 nights this year... thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2024, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Travellingwithbaby
One of the above posts said a new lounge was being constructed. For stays in May/June 2025, would the Grand Hyatt be the best place to use a Club Access award out of all the Hyatts in Dubai? Been Globalist for 11 years, but think only 50 nights this year... thanks.
Since no one knows what the new lounge will be like, that’s a hard question to answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.