Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Finished a four-night stay here over Christmas. Applied a GSU to my reservation and the hotel upgraded me on arrival to one of the Prince Suites, which wasn't necessarily my preference, since it has not been renovated. I think it was a good faith attempt to try and provide an enhanced experience, and it was right next to the lounge, but I think I would have ended up preferring one of the renovated standard suites to a Prince suite. YMMV.

Hotel is currently offering Globalists breakfast from 6-11A, drinks (no alcohol, I don't think, only soda/coffee/tea) in the lounge from 11A-6P, and dinner in the breakfast venue from 6P-8P, which felt like a very reasonable approach. I found service to be inconsistent from venue to venue. Steam room and sauna were also open. Given the relatively cursory mask-wearing inside the hotel, this felt a little like the old times, which might excite you or scare you away, depending on your viewpoint.

Agreed that the wi-fi was not ideal. Maybe it's better in the renovated rooms? I found that using my Etisalat sim as a hotspot was more consistent than hotel wifi, which was at 15/15, but dropped the connection more often than I would have liked.
illico likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'll be staying here for a 5 night stay in March, as long as all plans hold together...😳. Wondering if anyone knows if staying as a Globalist you'd be able to utilize the late check out benefit. Think I saw somewhere this location is considered a resort, and I'm pretty sure that benefit is not guaranteed at resorts.

If not, any chance you think they could hold our luggage and let us enjoy the property till 4pm? Only asking as we have a late flight out on our day of departure.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:28 am

Grand Hyatt is not a resort. They have their own Grand Club and I remember they were able to honor late check out request.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Late check out is no problem.
Lugguage storage as well.
Stay at the property as long as needed.
I had 49 nights there in 2021, they are always happy to help you...
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
I'll be staying here for a 5 night stay in March, as long as all plans hold together...😳. Wondering if anyone knows if staying as a Globalist you'd be able to utilize the late check out benefit. Think I saw somewhere this location is considered a resort, and I'm pretty sure that benefit is not guaranteed at resorts.

If not, any chance you think they could hold our luggage and let us enjoy the property till 4pm? Only asking as we have a late flight out on our day of departure.
Ask for as late as you need (even past 4pm) - they will then tell you what is possible. But in all cases 4pm is guaranteed, and they won't bat an eyelid.

In my experience hotels in Dubai are willing to give much earlier check-in and later check-out than rest of the world, partly due to the weird flight times arriving and departing DXB.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tpsmith82

You'll have no problem storing luggage or getting a Globalist late checkout (or beyond).
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
You'll have no problem storing luggage or getting a Globalist late checkout (or beyond).
Just stayed there. Globalist. I told them I had a ten PM flight and asked for late checkout. They gave us 6pm. Also received an upgrade to a nice two bedroom suite. And the free Heineken during dinner in the Market Cafe was appreciated.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sounds good...thanks for all the replies. Now I just need to hope our plans actually pan out. Been over a year in the making and evey day seems there is a possible new roadblock.

Cheers!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:09 pm

For the dinner in the restaurant they are providing to globalists in lieu of the club lounge, are alcoholic drinks also included?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by agjil
For the dinner in the restaurant they are providing to globalists in lieu of the club lounge, are alcoholic drinks also included?
Yes, beer, wine & spirits (limited, I think just the basics - I know I had a G&T one evening in Nov).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by rwm818
Yes, beer, wine & spirits (limited, I think just the basics - I know I had a G&T one evening in Nov).
Awesome thanks.
Any chance they also have sparkling wine?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by agjil
Awesome thanks.
Any chance they also have sparkling wine?
I only tried their red (not so hot - an Aussie Syrah I think?) - but fairly sure they had white & sparkling (but I wouldn't count on any nice champagne or such )
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by rwm818
I only tried their red (not so hot - an Aussie Syrah I think?) - but fairly sure they had white & sparkling (but I wouldn't count on any nice champagne or such )
Awesome, any kind of bubbly is better than nothing, so I am glad to hear that.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Can anyone comment on the gym here, particularly the weights section? How does it compare to other hotels, and are there free weights available?

Also, is there a pool that is suitable for lap swimming? (20+m would be ideal)
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hydro88
Can anyone comment on the gym here, particularly the weights section? How does it compare to other hotels, and are there free weights available?

Also, is there a pool that is suitable for lap swimming? (20+m would be ideal)
Just arrived at the hotel, and I'll try to do a proper review after we check out but thought I would post a couple of photos for you of the gym and "lap" pool.

I checked out the gym today and it is quite extensive. Many free weights available, along with, numerous machines, cardio equipment, kettle balls and much more. My wife forgot her gym shoes and they even had a pair of loaner shoes she could use that fit. Wonderful staff took us around and showed us the whole layout. I imagine this is a great gym, although I'll be honest, I don't get into the gyms at most hotels. Took a few pics, but it really is much more extensive than just the pictures I'm showing.

The pool picture is an indoor pool they have that I'm sure would be quite sufficient to do lap swimming.

​​​​​​​
ContinentalFan and Hydro88 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.