Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:41 pm

To me, GH is already below the PH and HR Dubai Creek on the list even without the event. Definitely look elsewhere.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
To me, GH is already below the PH and HR Dubai Creek on the list even without the event. Definitely look elsewhere.
How does the GH and HR Dubai Creek compare? We're going to Dubai for 3 days in March and considering of these two places... not a diamond member but would like breakfast so will probably spend the points for access to the club. Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
How does the GH and HR Dubai Creek compare? We're going to Dubai for 3 days in March and considering of these two places... not a diamond member but would like breakfast so will probably spend the points for access to the club. Thanks.
GH is a huge hotel with lots of restaurants and better facilities, but the HR is significantly newer and the hard product of the room itself is much better.

Unless you will be using the hotel restaurants and facilities extensively, I think the HR is a better choice overall, particularly as it tends to be cheaper (on both cash and points cost).

(The only other noteworthy difference is that HR beds are very firm, which I prefer, whereas the GH beds are much softer.)
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by stargold
GH is a huge hotel with lots of restaurants and better facilities, but the HR is significantly newer and the hard product of the room itself is much better.

Unless you will be using the hotel restaurants and facilities extensively, I think the HR is a better choice overall, particularly as it tends to be cheaper (on both cash and points cost).

(The only other noteworthy difference is that HR beds are very firm, which I prefer, whereas the GH beds are much softer.)
Thanks. The one thing I did notice is that both these hotel Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek are almost across the street from each other so in terms of surrounding area (and subsequently, in things to do once you step outside of the hotel), there won't be much difference right?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
Thanks. The one thing I did notice is that both these hotel Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek are almost across the street from each other so in terms of surrounding area (and subsequently, in things to do once you step outside of the hotel), there won't be much difference right?
correct, nothing to do nearby

Although the Metro is nearby, same as the Wafi mall
Old May 2, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Renovation of the outside pools will start as of May 15 (expected to take about 50 days to complete). All tiles will be renewed and some painting work will be done etc. Guest can still use the indoor pool and spa facilities. Hopefully this will also place some descent WIFI routers outside around the pool, as there is basically no WIFI available outside the hotel.

Also all rooms will be also be renovated as of this summer. Will take about 9 months to complete. They will renovate two floors each, so guests can expect some noise I guess.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Is there some recent experience, how GH Dubai handles 2 rooms booked on 1 Diamond or 1 room on Diamond and second room on Platinum family member?
Did they allow or refuse diamond benefits for the second room?
Old May 14, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by tjae
Is there some recent experience, how GH Dubai handles 2 rooms booked on 1 Diamond or 1 room on Diamond and second room on Platinum family member?
Did they allow or refuse diamond benefits for the second room?
Don't know about GH Dubai but HR Dubai Creek tried to say no benefits for second room until we said we would stay elsewhere
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by EHAM1
Renovation of the outside pools will start as of May 15 (expected to take about 50 days to complete). All tiles will be renewed and some painting work will be done etc. Guest can still use the indoor pool and spa facilities. Hopefully this will also place some descent WIFI routers outside around the pool, as there is basically no WIFI available outside the hotel.

Also all rooms will be also be renovated as of this summer. Will take about 9 months to complete. They will renovate two floors each, so guests can expect some noise I guess.
Has anyone had a chance to stay in one of these renovated rooms? If so, would you say this puts the GH above the HR Dubai Creek?

I have a 30 hour stopover in Dubai next month and I'm debating which Hyatt to stay at. Leaning GH at the moment as it more on-site facilities (pool, etc) but still considering the HR Dubai Creek as well.

edit: Also, does anyone know if this hotel allows the use of the pool and gym facilities after checkout? I have a late-night departure.

Last edited by txflyer77; Aug 7, 2016 at 9:34 pm
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Also, does anyone know if this hotel allows the use of the pool and gym facilities after checkout? I have a late-night departure.
If you're OK without a locker you can just walk into gym/indoor pool/locker rooms without anyone stopping you.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:09 am

Exclamation

After talking to some management staff:

Renovation is currently going on. To realize it, they closed one entire Tower (Tower A- the one close to Gharhoud Bridge).
They will reopen it and turn to the other one in the first half of 2017 .
This logic should ensure that guests staying during renovation times are not bothered (too much) by noise, etc.

Sounds logic for me and I am waiting to see first pictures/renderings of the new style!!!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:57 am
Suspended

Would you say this hotel represents one of the best values for the Hyatt anniversary free night award?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
I was here for 4 nights ending November 9th and thought the property and its staff were excellent. I was in a terrace suite which was both large and intimate and I appreciated the views of the creek, the burj, and some other buildings I couldn't name. The pool had ample space and a lot of chairs.

From a proximity standpoint, it took us about 20ish minutes to get to the Burj Al Arab and everything else we went to was closer. The staff were very helpful in their recommendations and accommodated our reasonable needs upon request. We ate at the Thai restaurant one night and I thought it was superb. I wasn't a huge fan of breakfast at Arabesque because I found the options somewhat limited and the service was hit or miss.

I found it to be an excellent value.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
I was here for 4 nights ending November 9th and thought the property and its staff were excellent. I was in a terrace suite which was both large and intimate and I appreciated the views of the creek, the burj, and some other buildings I couldn't name. The pool had ample space and a lot of chairs.

From a proximity standpoint, it took us about 20ish minutes to get to the Burj Al Arab and everything else we went to was closer. The staff were very helpful in their recommendations and accommodated our reasonable needs upon request. We ate at the Thai restaurant one night and I thought it was superb. I wasn't a huge fan of breakfast at Arabesque because I found the options somewhat limited and the service was hit or miss.

I found it to be an excellent value.
I believe your review is for the Park Hyatt - this is the Grand Hyatt thread
Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has stayed at Grand Hyatt or HR in Dubai recently?

No status so lounge/free brekkie do not apply. Just want to know which hotel's room is more spacious and comfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.