Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
The Hyatt looks great. As a Globalist, I was upgraded to a 950 sq ft suite. I’ll upload some pictures. I asked for a late checkout—as late as possible—and was offered 7 pm, if I agreed to move to a regular room at 2 pm. Great!
Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are this photos.

The entrance and living room. There’s a small restroom to the left.

Another shot of that living room.

The bedroom has a king-size bed.

There’s a couch and a desk with ample size for working. There’s a large flatscreen TV (one in the living room too); Chromecast works fine.

Another shot of the sleeping area. The door on the left leads into a closet, which in turn leads into the bathroom.

There’s that large screen TV!

There’s a shower too (though not in this photo!)

A nice, well appointed bathroom.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
The Hyatt looks great. As a Globalist, I was upgraded to a 950 sq ft suite. I’ll upload some pictures. I asked for a late checkout—as late as possible—and was offered 7 pm, if I agreed to move to a regular room at 2 pm. Great!
That 7 pm late checkout was extended to 8 pm.

Note that there is an executive lounge on the 14th floor that’s closed for an upgrade. A restaurant called the Manhattan Grill is functioning as the lounge from 11 am to (I believe) 4 pm or thereabouts.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That 7 pm late checkout was extended to 8 pm.

Note that there is an executive lounge on the 14th floor that’s closed for an upgrade. A restaurant called the Manhattan Grill is functioning as the lounge from 11 am to (I believe) 4 pm or thereabouts.
They're quite generous to Globs here.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:45 pm

Glad I picked this hotel over the Andaz. Arrived after a Uber fiasco from the airport due to incompetent driver taking 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. At 8:30am hotel had our suite ready and waiting for a welcome amenity and added breakfast for us. Very nice. They said dinner is included too as lounge hours are from 11am-6pm.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Way too far and difficult to walk. Especially in the heat. Take a cheap and quick taxi. I use Careem to book the cheapest taxi fare in the city.
How much was the fare with Careem hala taxi? I used uber and with the 30 AED flag drop (which is not disclosed well when booking) it was close to 80 AED. Way too expensive. And the driver tried to scam me to pay for parking then took 45 minutes to get out of the parking area haha.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Glad I picked this hotel over the Andaz. Arrived after a Uber fiasco from the airport due to incompetent driver taking 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. At 8:30am hotel had our suite ready and waiting for a welcome amenity and added breakfast for us. Very nice. They said dinner is included too as lounge hours are from 11am-6pm.
Can you choose between dinner at Market Cafe or happy hour at the club lounge?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by clublevel15
Can you choose between dinner at Market Cafe or happy hour at the club lounge?
Club lounge is effectively closed. Its open from 11am-6pm but for very limited coffee, water and cookies.

On another note, my suite sprang a leak in the bathroom ceiling by the lights and they were unable to fix since they have to cut the ceiling open. It was midnight and they were able to move us to another standard suite after an hour (at 1am). Annoying since the time of night and how long it took to get moved, but not sure if its worth to ask for any points for service recovery.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Club lounge is effectively closed. Its open from 11am-6pm but for very limited coffee, water and cookies.

On another note, my suite sprang a leak in the bathroom ceiling by the lights and they were unable to fix since they have to cut the ceiling open. It was midnight and they were able to move us to another standard suite after an hour (at 1am). Annoying since the time of night and how long it took to get moved, but not sure if its worth to ask for any points for service recovery.
For me the main issue would be whether I was already sleeping by this point or not - if yes, then I would expect a meaningful service recovery since it basically prevented a good night's sleep.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
For me the main issue would be whether I was already sleeping by this point or not - if yes, then I would expect a meaningful service recovery since it basically prevented a good night's sleep.
My wife was sleeping. I will ask but not push it too hard since I feel like the staff here handled things very well and were super professional. Night and day difference from the Andaz London where the ceiling burst a leak and they staff could not care less about it or getting proper heat to the rooms so my wife got super sick.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The Hyatt looks great. As a Globalist, I was upgraded to a 950 sq ft suite. I’ll upload some pictures.
This is the standard suite I believe, it's what I received when using a TSU here.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:45 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I stayed at this hotel many times, even before the Park Hyatt opened in 2005. After the Park Hyatt opened, I only had a few sporadic short stays at this hotel, apparently the last time in 2019.

For me, the club lounge on the 14th floor was one of the best parts of this hotel. Apparently, they got rid of it during Covid and replaced it with more suites on that floor.

Huge mistake, in my opinion. The "lounge" on the mezzanine floor is a complete joke - like a train station waiting room, no atmosphere and barely anything on offer, even though the ladies there are friendly.

I only sat there for some minutes because my suite wasn't ready yet. (Just using it as a day room because I have one of these night flights out of DXB.)

I won't return. Many other and better options in Dubai.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Replacing the 14th floor lounge with more rooms would explain the increased room count from 682 to 710. The hotel is celebrating the completion of their rooms renovations with their flagship suites now completely done, and that statistic was mentioned - but I couldn't figure out where the added rooms came in so this makes sense. Seems a shame as I only saw the space after COVID so it was dark and empty during the day, but I liked its sheer space and the views from the venue.

Never tried the replacement lounge downstairs, but I personally enjoy the tradeoff of having breakfast in the restaurant with its massive spread, as well as the full dinner spread down there for happy hour. Is this still ongoing, or have they established a formal new lounge in the mezzanine space?

khabah
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
So I had the buffet dinner downstairs at the Market Café which Globalists get in lieu of the closed lounge on the 14th floor. The food was alright, but the whole atmosphere screams "package tourism buffet". I'm sure it's ok for some, just not my thing.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:39 pm

Club replaced with HB

Just had a 7 day stay at the Grand Hyatt Dubai . Had a club room Creek side 11th floor which was nice with great view, well maintained but indeed in the need of refreshment .
No lounge (closed or no longer existing) but instead huge breakfast at the Market Café and also full diner spread at the Market Café with decent to very good food and drnks included , very good service !
Swimming area for a big part under construction but not too much noise luckily .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.