Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2023, 9:48 pm

I got charged $30 for valet parking on a free night.

I called and they claimed that only self parking is free.

The Hyatt terms state: "If both are offered by the applicable hotel or resort, benefit is valid for either valet or self-parking."

I'll have my concierge sort it out but beware that they do shady stuff here.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 7:12 am

Funny, just completed a stay here and was going to post a warning that they charged me for self parking on a free night and for the tip on a globalist breakfast, but it looks like the last few posts covered it. I saw the charge for parking before check out and got them to remove it at the front desk. Could be my imagination, but I was left with the firm impression they are used to having this conversation.

It left a bad taste in my mouth from what was otherwise a nice stay. We were passing through for a one night stay and were upgraded to a Sonoma suite but arrived early and downgraded to get into a room that was ready. Very friendly check in. They gave us a mini bottle of wine. Room was nice. Several free bottles of water. Quiet, clean. Great use of a cat 1-4 certificate.

Globalists, watch your bill.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 5:46 pm

Is 4pm check out guaranteed as a Globalist at this hotel based on folks' experience? It appears to be a hotel, but also has a resort fee
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:52 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Is 4pm check out guaranteed as a Globalist at this hotel based on folks' experience? It appears to be a hotel, but also has a resort fee
It is not considered a resort so 4pm checkout for Globs is guaranteed.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by skj
It is not considered a resort so 4pm checkout for Globs is guaranteed.
Great - thanks for verifying! It didn't look like it, but given it sounds like this hotel has played games / been sloppy on benefits e.g., parking and they list a "resort fee" wanted to be sure before I made plans requiring use of room till 4!
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Stayed here for 4 nights with 2 other couples doing wine country. Couple of things to note:
Cons
-Hotel is right next to the highway in a fairly busy part of Santa Rosa.
-If you're doing mostly Napa it's a pretty long drive as you have to go over the hills/mountains to get there...probably something I should have researched before booking.
Pros
-Hotel was spotless. House keeping did a great job daily cleaning the room. There is some small wear and tear to the hotel rooms, but nothing unusual or concerning.
-Rooms were big and quiet. Wife is a light sleeper, and we rarely heard any noise outside the room.
-Lobby bar is welcoming and a nice play with big couches and a fireplace to hang out after a long day of wine tasting or an after dinner drink The staff was fantastic. Also nice firepit and pool area at the hotel, but we didn't have a chance to use it.
-Lobby had some sort of treat/event every night. Either a smores snack tray to make your own, or a St Francis wine tasting one night, etc.
-Didn't try the hotel restaurant, but heard the breakfast was good.
-I'm explorist, but one of our friends is globalist. Gift was a 375ml bottle of wine. Forgot what kind, but they said it was solid.

Overall, was happy with the stay and would return if in the area and tasting on the Sonoma side. Santa Rosa has some nice restaurants, but also suffers from the homeless problem so many other cities do. Don't walk alone at night.
Any questions, let me know.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by aa4ever
Great - thanks for verifying! It didn't look like it, but given it sounds like this hotel has played games / been sloppy on benefits e.g., parking and they list a "resort fee" wanted to be sure before I made plans requiring use of room till 4!
Did you get the 4pm checkout? Its been a while but last time I stayed here they charged for self parking and denied the globalist 4pm late checkout due to "special circumstances" until I asked for the manager to put their denial in writing so I could take it up with Hyatt corporate. Suddenly they were able to do the late checkout.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Did you get the 4pm checkout? Its been a while but last time I stayed here they charged for self parking and denied the globalist 4pm late checkout due to "special circumstances" until I asked for the manager to put their denial in writing so I could take it up with Hyatt corporate. Suddenly they were able to do the late checkout.
I only am entitled to 2pm, which I asked for and was cheerfully granted.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:16 pm

Staying here as Guest of Honor of a Globalist.

Given a 750 ml bottle of Rickshaw 2021 Pinot Noir Wine as a Globalist gift on check-in and also offered a 4 PM late checkout proactively.

Not much of a room upgrade, app say I was upgraded to a King Room with a View, but looks to be just a standard sized room with a view of the parking lot.

I did confirm at check-in that self parking and breakfast are comped.

Will report back whether I run into the parking charges or breakfast tip issues that other people have encountered.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
Staying here as Guest of Honor of a Globalist.

Given a 750 ml bottle of Rickshaw 2021 Pinot Noir Wine as a Globalist gift on check-in and also offered a 4 PM late checkout proactively.

Not much of a room upgrade, app say I was upgraded to a King Room with a View, but looks to be just a standard sized room with a view of the parking lot.

I did confirm at check-in that self parking and breakfast are comped.

Will report back whether I run into the parking charges or breakfast tip issues that other people have encountered.

Thanks for the update! Staying there in a few weeks, and appreciate any feedback from your stay.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:00 pm

Globalist breakfast for the first day was the buffet. Pretty standard buffet with your usual eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits, and pastries.

Next day, was advised that due to occupancy levels they sometimes do not have their buffet, and instead could order a la carte, one entree, one drink off the menu.

Self Parking showed as a charge on my bill, but asked them to waive it on check out with no issues.

Hotel consists of two buildings, one building connected to the lobby with 3 floors, and another building connected to the restaurant with 4 floors

We got a room initially on the 3rd floor of the 4 floor building but there was a lot of noise coming from the room upstairs (super loud footsteps) and the front desk was happy to switch us to a 4th floor room, which was super quiet.

Great friendly staff. Housekeeping was impeccable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.