FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:11 am
bsdstone
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Stayed here for 4 nights with 2 other couples doing wine country. Couple of things to note:
Cons
-Hotel is right next to the highway in a fairly busy part of Santa Rosa.
-If you're doing mostly Napa it's a pretty long drive as you have to go over the hills/mountains to get there...probably something I should have researched before booking.
Pros
-Hotel was spotless. House keeping did a great job daily cleaning the room. There is some small wear and tear to the hotel rooms, but nothing unusual or concerning.
-Rooms were big and quiet. Wife is a light sleeper, and we rarely heard any noise outside the room.
-Lobby bar is welcoming and a nice play with big couches and a fireplace to hang out after a long day of wine tasting or an after dinner drink The staff was fantastic. Also nice firepit and pool area at the hotel, but we didn't have a chance to use it.
-Lobby had some sort of treat/event every night. Either a smores snack tray to make your own, or a St Francis wine tasting one night, etc.
-Didn't try the hotel restaurant, but heard the breakfast was good.
-I'm explorist, but one of our friends is globalist. Gift was a 375ml bottle of wine. Forgot what kind, but they said it was solid.

Overall, was happy with the stay and would return if in the area and tasting on the Sonoma side. Santa Rosa has some nice restaurants, but also suffers from the homeless problem so many other cities do. Don't walk alone at night.
Any questions, let me know.