Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by skj
getting off topic here, but not yet ...
I apologize for that. I was trying to figure out how Alila Napa would categorize compared to those 2 other Hyatt hotels in Napa/Sonoma area....
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:34 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I apologize for that. I was trying to figure out how Alila Napa would categorize compared to those 2 other Hyatt hotels in Napa/Sonoma area....
I was referring more to speculating about possible new Cat 8 properties. I agree the Alila will probably be a Cat 7. Its rates will likely be less than Ventana Big Sur (except maybe for weekends during harvest) and that is a Cat 7. I don't see any way the Napa property is a Cat 6.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:59 pm

Assuming the Alila Napa maintains the quality level it was at as Las Alcobas, it's in a completely different category from this place. I've stayed at both and like them both (although it was right when this place became a Regency and renovations were still wrapping up), but this is a nice hotel. Las Alcobas was an experience.

I can't see Alila Napa being less than a category 7 - which would still be only 30,000 points a night against $700 a night typical "low" rates. If it ends up being a 6 I'd be thrilled though!
Old Mar 2, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: Yes.
Update...just burned all out points to book the Alila. Hope its worth it!
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by econjon
Update...just burned all out points to book the Alila. Hope its worth it!
Please be sure to post a review.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:19 pm

Anyone know the breakfast situation at this property? Upthread says no breakfast available for globalists but they do have bed and breakfast packages with $30 credit for the grab and go.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by myperks
Anyone know the breakfast situation at this property? Upthread says no breakfast available for globalists but they do have bed and breakfast packages with $30 credit for the grab and go.
The menu is on the web:

https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/ho...onoma_Cafe.pdf
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:31 pm

thanks for this. But are they still only offering points for globalists or actually breakfast?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
thanks for this. But are they still only offering points for globalists or actually breakfast?
You can get breakfast. Not points.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
So after reading through this thread, it seems like the Andaz Napa and this HR Napa Sanoma are both good choices but the new Alila might be a notch above and also have the wow factor of being a new brand to Hyatt. Can someone provide a quick pros/cons comparing HR Napa to Andaz Napa? I have a DSU and was thinking about using it at the Andaz and the vibe at Andaz always seems more contemporary than a HR. From what I've read though it seems like both properties would be a decent choice, is that correct?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
So after reading through this thread, it seems like the Andaz Napa and this HR Napa Sanoma are both good choices but the new Alila might be a notch above and also have the wow factor of being a new brand to Hyatt. Can someone provide a quick pros/cons comparing HR Napa to Andaz Napa? I have a DSU and was thinking about using it at the Andaz and the vibe at Andaz always seems more contemporary than a HR. From what I've read though it seems like both properties would be a decent choice, is that correct?
Both HR Sonoma and Andaz Napa are nice, but I'm sure Alila Napa will be the best among these 3... Like you said, Andaz Napa is more contemporary and a bit more upscale. If you like being in a city, Andaz Napa might be better. It's in the downtown. I try both hotels when I visit there but usually stay longer at HR Sonoma because the wineries I like are near the HR. I prefer HR Sonoma's suite if using Suite Upgrade Award and get Sonoma Patio Suite. Though ADZ Napa upgraded me to Vintner Suite once and that was fantabulous! Also both hotels are now offering breakfast to Globalist members (TOGO only).
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:58 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I've stayed at all three. Keep in mind there is significant distance between the three. Traffic can be terrible in the Napa/Sonoma area and you can spend a lot of time on the road. You might want to consider location once you know where you will be spending your time. For example, it is a one hour drive from HR Napa Sonoma to Andaz Napa. Alila Napa Valley is a half hour drive north; longer on weekends.

In order of preference, from bottom to top:
  • HR Napa Sonoma, Santa Rosa - I dislike it a lot. I have stayed here when I have had a free night cert to use and have not enjoyed it. It is a large sprawling property with no character or charm.
  • Andaz Napa - downtown Napa. You can walk to various restaurants and shops. I enjoy the property. It is more intimate with an interesting lobby and restaurant. I stayed pre Covid and breakfast was excellent at the time. I don't find the rooms particularly expansive, not even when I've been in a suite.
  • Alila Napa Valley, St Helena - I stayed here when it was under the Starwood umbrella and loved it. Room was big, I liked the balcony with the fire pit, and breakfast was fantastic. I liked the location for the restaurants where we wanted to eat. I have not seen a suite here.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:50 am

The Andaz vs HR are definitely different properties in different locations. Downtown Napa (at least pre-covid) has more going on in terms of shops and restaurants. It's gone through a bit of a renaissance over the last decade or so. So you can get back to the hotel after a day of tasting, freshen up and have a good night out without having to deal with a car or uber. Andaz is definitely a bit more character but base rooms can be a bit small. Easy to get to Napa Valley wineries but a bit of a schlep to mountain wineries.

Santa Rosa (where the HR is) is a more basic small city. Some OK restaurants but not nearly the quality of downtown Napa. For a change of pace, Santa Rosa has one of the best craft beer scenes in the country. Have to drive a bit to get to Sonoma or Healdsburg wineries but no less than Andaz to St Helena or Yountville wineries. Sonoma wineries very different than Napa wineries (more pinot in Sonoma, much less built up) so deciding which wineries you want to visit could impact choice of hotel. HR is a standard upscale hotel with larger rooms than Andaz. Other than the patio suites (which i've only seen referenced on this thread), I find HR to be good but nothing special whereas the Andaz feels addative to the experience.

Bottom line, for me, Andaz hotel better than HR (unless you prioritize size of room above all else). Downtown Napa better than downtown Santa Rosa. But I like visiting Sonoma wineries and breweries more than Napa. So both good choices...just need to decide what you want to prioritize.

Note that these hotels are not close. Don't expect to stay in napa and drive to sonoma.
Old May 13, 2021, 11:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

This says they aren't serving breakfast on Monday and Tuesday. Is that still true as we are coming into summer?
Old May 14, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This says they aren't serving breakfast on Monday and Tuesday. Is that still true as we are coming into summer?
it is served everyday now. Globalists can get one item and you order and come back 10-15 minutes to pick it up. I asked for fruit instead of the salad and the server said no so had to pay for fruit on the side. I asked if there was a $ limit and she said one item only regardless of price. Was going to ask the front desk but there was always a line so forgot. The food was ok but thought the one item restriction was kinda cheap.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.