Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Stayed at the Park Hyatt recently...
On Christmas eve or Christmas? That might explain some of it.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by schriste
On Christmas eve or Christmas? That might explain some of it.
Even at a major holiday (and I fully realize that staffing is difficult), there is no excuse for such a significant decrease in the quality of the service. If this were a Hyatt Regency, I'd accept it. But it's a Park Hyatt, and a big reason for picking a Park Hyatt (or other luxury hotel) is for the service.

Last edited by aa4ever; Dec 28, 2009 at 8:08 pm
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Even at a major holiday (and I fully realize that staffing is difficult), there is no excuse for such a significant decrease in the quality of the service. If this were a Hyatt Regency, I'd accept it. But it's a Park Hyatt, and a big reason for picking a Park Hyatt (or other luxury hotel) is for the service.
I new in advance you were going to say that.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:06 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Also, they've replaced the room service in-room Gold Passport coffee with a single Nespresso machine in the lobby. Tacky, if you ask me. Either provide the room service coffee or put a Nespresso machine in the room. This is not a Days Inn -- I shouldn't have to go down to the lobby to make myself a glorified instant coffee (yes, I know that Nespresso is not instant).
Oh man. I remember really liking their room service coffee. it's so hard to find a really good cup these days.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Transport in from IAD. Conservative.

I may be flying into IAD and have thought about trying the PH. What is the most conservative way to make it over to the PH? Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:24 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I may be flying into IAD and have thought about trying the PH. What is the most conservative way to make it over to the PH? Thanks.
Cheapest way is probably Super Shuttle, unless you're renting a car anyway.

Dulles is way out in the boonies in terms of distance from the district.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
You can take the 5A bus from IAD ($3.10) which comes out at Rosslyn Metro and make your way over on Metro from there.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was at the PH last night for one night. I booked 2 rooms using my FFN, one king and one 2 twins. I was given an upgrade during check in to 2 connecting rooms, one is a Park Deluxe (junior suite)^ and the other is the 2 twins.

The room with 2 twins is rather small, nothing special. The Park Deluxe is very nice, a large room with a sitting area and a 3/4 dividing wall with TV that swings from the sitting area to the bed. The bathroom is large and very nice.

One problem with the Park Deluxe is that the bathroom does not have a real door, the closet door slides open fully to close the bathroom from the bedroom. The light switch is outside the bathroom and also lights up the little hall way connecting to the bedroom. Noise is amplified inside the bathroom and can be heard clearly in the bedroom, definitely not good for tyring to keep quiet.

This morning at before 8 AM, outside noise was constant and very loud, sounded like construction noise down the street or garbage containers pounding on the ground.

My mother in law had trouble sleeping on one the twin beds, she said it was the worst bed she ever slept on.

Nespresso coffee in the lobby was lousy, I couldn't make a couple of coffee that tasted halfway decent, and I tried 3 different kinds of coffee pods, various quantity of water and milk.

I would definitely be back on business, but not likely on a family vacation.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA,DLT,UA,Marriott-Plat, Hyatt- Dia, HH- Gold
Just spent a week at the Park Hyatt Washington DC and was upgraded to Park Deluxe with Diamond status. I thought the room was nice but also was awoken with loud street noise and firetrucks, police etc nearby.
The breakfast was good and room service as well. I am not sure it is worth the money, but all in all had a decent stay.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by UNITED959
Wait, this is what Diamonds are supposed to receive at the PH Washington?!?!

I got #3, and that's it.

All I can say is never accept room #431 (unless you're an HVAC enthusiast and enjoy looking at air conditioning compressors).
Agreed, x31 has a really small window and a view of HVAC from a narrow alcove. The room is not the smallest per floor plan, but we were lucky to have checked the windows even arriving after the dark and requested a change out of this "upgrade". To the staff's credit, they changed the room even with the reported full occupancy. The new room has huge windows overlooking 24th St. The Park Deluxe room is pretty comfy, however, I can hear all the noises from the neighboring room - TV being turned on and off, several wake-up calls, etc. Street noises are audible too...

Diamond amenity was a full bottle of cheap Argentinian wine (7$ per wine searcher, but $10 a glass at the hotel's bar), and what seemed like an ounce of cheese with a few dried grapes, bread, apricots. Staff pretty friendly, if not all experienced (like the check-in person who insisted on sending replacement keys up but took her looong time doing it...).

Otherwise it is a fine hotel.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
xx31

I'm here now - pretty good as other posters have noted (except I'm in a #31 - lucky I'm a HUGE HVAC enthusiast !

I woke early - around 530 and grabbed the times from my door and called RS for coffee and milk. Arrived promptly in a small pot, milk jar and cup/saucer. Coffee very good - no sign of Nespresso anywhere.

Breakfast also - took the continental and ordered alc as well. There was some $7 bill to sign which I will ensure is wiped at checkout.

Staff all very friendly - even warning us to avoid a seafood restaurant b/c its in the dodgy part of town - nice - but we've been before and like it.

Might try the blue duck tomorrow for dinner - is it worth it?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
I'm here now - pretty good as other posters have noted (except I'm in a #31 - lucky I'm a HUGE HVAC enthusiast !

I woke early - around 530 and grabbed the times from my door and called RS for coffee and milk. Arrived promptly in a small pot, milk jar and cup/saucer. Coffee very good - no sign of Nespresso anywhere.

Breakfast also - took the continental and ordered alc as well. There was some $7 bill to sign which I will ensure is wiped at checkout.

Staff all very friendly - even warning us to avoid a seafood restaurant b/c its in the dodgy part of town - nice - but we've been before and like it.

BDT is quite good. Would definitely go if you can get a reservation (it's hard, even for hotel guests).

Glad to hear that the added the legit coffee back. Perhaps because it got bad reviews (i.e. on those comment cards)? Or perhaps it was there exclusively for the holidays when they were short-staffed?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:00 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Let us know about your coffee and breakfast charges... only nespresso when I was there last month, and they only took $20 off the bill vs comping for a "full breakfast"... I'd recommend "Hook" up the street in Georgetown for great seafood...

Originally Posted by CanuckinKL

Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by thezipper
Let us know about your coffee and breakfast charges... only nespresso when I was there last month, and they only took $20 off the bill vs comping for a "full breakfast"... I'd recommend "Hook" up the street in Georgetown for great seafood...
THAT will irk me. I have 3 rooms, for 2 nights in March and will be Diamond by that point. Now I am certainly not a fighter, but if I am correct, this is a benefit that should not be denied

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.