Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I also had the same thing.

There was a diamond menu that had the continental buffet, or eggs, meat choice, toast, juice and fruit plate.

Quite adequate
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

During my stay, I was not given the normal menu but the Diamond menu. I was fine with that but I wouldn't have been uncomfortable asking for a full menu. The breakfast staff were top-notch.
I am there now and have been given the Diamond menu with no offer to order off the regular menu. I will ask tomorrow if we can order off the regular menu and report back.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I just got back from the PH and the street parking looked very scarce indeed.

There is lots of parking across the river in Arlington, adjacent to Rosslyn station, which is one stop east on the Blue Line from Foggy Bottom/GWU, which is a few blocks from the PH.

I actually rented twice from DCA, which is about a 15 minute drive to the hotel in traffic, and dropped the car off at the end of each day, taking the metro back. Not super convenient but not onerous either. DC's metro system is among the best in the USA, IMHO.
you can find street parking towards RC park - near the Embassy suites, but not necessarily the most secure place. We gave up driving, we took so long looking for parking, it was ridiculous.

I have a three day stay next month. First time I've been to the hotel in years, I hope it doesn't disappoint, I have three more stays this year.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I should say, it was not a regular menu. The diamond menu has the continental and also sort of an American breakfast offer, eggs, meat, potatoes, juice, coffee and the fruit plate.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Finishing my last of two nights. Not impressed. Had a issue this morning and this evening the housekeeping of my room today was marginal. I was given a nice upgrade which I appreciate. Spent some coin downstairs which was a treat for clients and their kids. But as stated not impressed. Can not say I would return. IMHO
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:25 pm

The official breakfast line is this. When you arrive at the restaurant, you will be given a "Diamond Menu" which offers one of two options - eggs, meat, toast, hash browns, and fruit, or the "breakfast table", which includes cold meats, cheese, pastries, cereal and fruit. Both come with coffee or tea and juice.

You may also order off the regular menu. You will be credited up to $28 towards whatever you want. We may have gone over or under a little, but either way we didn't have any charges at checkout. Coffee and juice are separate. In the end, though, unless you order the most expensive things on the menu, the $28 was either enough or close enough that they didn't charge the difference.

I was very impressed with the hotel and am looking forward to staying again. The car service was great, the people treated us wonderfully, and the room was perfect.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Finishing my last of two nights. Not impressed. Had a issue this morning and this evening the housekeeping of my room today was marginal. I was given a nice upgrade which I appreciate. Spent some coin downstairs which was a treat for clients and their kids. But as stated not impressed. Can not say I would return. IMHO
By any chance, did your kid order an eggs benedict this morning?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Car service was part of my problem aka I would have been late. Took a cab.

Just me here solo. Tell us the story anyways.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:01 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
RTW... had I known you were in DC, I would have popped on over to see you after work!

Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:21 am

Not much of a story. I just overheard the guy next to me questioning why he was being charged for his kid's eggs benedict. Turned out that the kid had both the breakfast table and the eggs. He was told to speak with the front desk about it, which I thought was not the best solution. The server should have spoken with the front desk for him first and try to resolve the situation. He was clearly a diamond. No hotel is going to risk alienating their top customers for $16. He didn't know and they don't say that you're limited to $28. They should have just taken care of it and thanked him for being a good customer.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by Darren
Not much of a story. I just overheard the guy next to me questioning why he was being charged for his kid's eggs benedict. Turned out that the kid had both the breakfast table and the eggs. He was told to speak with the front desk about it, which I thought was not the best solution. The server should have spoken with the front desk for him first and try to resolve the situation. He was clearly a diamond. No hotel is going to risk alienating their top customers for $16. He didn't know and they don't say that you're limited to $28. They should have just taken care of it and thanked him for being a good customer.
That would have been a more elegant solution but puh-leeeze! Most of us are grateful for the generosity of the program without taking extreme advantage and letting our kids go a bit crazy. An opulent buffet AND eggs Benedict! A bit much to me.

This hotel has been very generous to me. When the breakfast service was slow and we had invited my son who lives in DC to join us with his family, they comped the entire breakfast. I love this hotel.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by stevens397
An opulent buffet AND eggs Benedict!
It would be a stretch to call the buffet opulent. The selection is limited even if the display and quality of the items is good.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
It would be a stretch to call the buffet opulent. The selection is limited even if the display and quality of the items is good.
While I agree, the sufficiency of the breakfast area is irrelevant to what happened. It really just seemed like the guy didn't know. Both he and the kid were behaved and the kid didn't eat more than a normal person. The breakfast policy isn't stated anywhere. I was there two days before I asked about ordering something else and, even then, two people gave me different answers. I just figured the few dollars overage wasn't a big deal if they didn't cover the whole thing. Even if the outcome with the patron was that he had to pay the $16, which the restaurant probably had the right to charge in this case, I just thought that it could have been handled a bit better. Maybe you just had to be there.I just expected "let me see what I can do for you" rather than "you need to go over there and I am going to walk away now." But, in the end, that was really the only significant service flaw that I saw or experienced. Everyone else was very friendly.

For that matter, now that I am thinking about it, the kid mostly just had fruit and a pastry from the breakfast table. Yet his meal came with a fruit plate that was never brought. The only reason I noticed was that my mom commented to me that they never brought out the fruit plate unless specifically requested, even though the menu explicitly includes it. In fact, out of 7 ordered meals (we were there for 5 days), only two included all of the ingredients that were listed on the menu.

Last edited by Darren; Mar 30, 2010 at 3:46 pm
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:41 pm

Charles. Next time. Thanks for thinking of me.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
MR question.

i am planning to visit Washington 4 days this August with my family.
these are the rates
grand hyatt: 1300$ (costco: 1040$)
park hyatt: 1483$ (costco : 1393$)
hyatt regency: 580$ (costco : 470$)
MR: 1 stay 100$ (costco: 80$x8=640, 500x8 diamond, no gx points but 20,000miles)
it seems well worth but can't use the e-suite.
what's your 2 cents?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.