Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Breakfast voucher??

So I am here tonight and I asked about Diamond Breakfast voucher and the trainee had no clue. So I repeated my question a little louder so to make sure the more senior staff standing next to us could hear me. He either didn't hear me or ignored my request. So I gave up. As I understand it, Diamonds will be offer a BFV if the property don't have a lounge. I know some Park Hyatts do not in the past (i.e. Park Hyatt DC) but I think it goes for other Hyatt like this one. I will be calling the Diamond desk to confirm before I ask again.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
So I am here tonight and I asked about Diamond Breakfast voucher and the trainee had no clue. So I repeated my question a little louder so to make sure the more senior staff standing next to us could hear me. He either didn't hear me or ignored my request. So I gave up. As I understand it, Diamonds will be offer a BFV if the property don't have a lounge. I know some Park Hyatts do not in the past (i.e. Park Hyatt DC) but I think it goes for other Hyatt like this one. I will be calling the Diamond desk to confirm before I ask again.

Sometimes the front desk can be very clueless. Once i checked in and was not given the option for Diamond amenity, no breakfast vouchers, nothing. When I talked to the front desk about it, they told me that my status was not reflected in my reservation, even though the reservation was made on Hyatt.com via my profile, and that I need to call the Diamond desk and ask them to fax me a copy of the Diamond card. I asked them if they were joking and told them to pick up the phone and call customer service to verify my status. I sat there while the clerk called, in frustration, to verify. Once the status was verified he was appologetic and I was given everything including free parking. Still it is a nuisance!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
It seems as if this property has improved since the reviews in this thread were written.

I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and efficient. They recognized my diamond status and explained all of the benefits to me. There is no regency club at this property so the upgrade was basically to a corner type room. It was clean, furnished like most contemporary HRs and did not seem in need of rennovation.

I got lunch right after checking in at the little breakfast/lunch restaurant by the front desk. No better or worse than these types of restaurants usually are at Hyatt. The prices seemed a bit lower though - maybe due to the geographic location?

I used the gym here a couple times. It has more than many HRs I've been to, in fact more than some GHs I've been to. It's nothing like HR Maui though. There are a few cardio machines, several weight machines, free weights/benches, mats for stretching etc, swiss balls, resistance bands. It is connected to the indoor pool area. The cardio machines overlook the busy street and the state capital. People watching is great from these machines.

I ate dinner at the restaurant on the top floor. You have probably seen many Hyatts that have what used to be a revolving restaurant. Some of them closed, some still restaurants but not revolving, and some converted in to regency clubs (and not revolving.) This restaurant still revolves! The food was the best food I've had at a Hyatt restaurant in the lower 48 states. the menu was fresh and modern and featured classic steak-house type dishes with a bit of contemporary tweaking/twisting. As an example, the delicious focaccia bread was served with goat butter instead of regular butter and it was absolutely fantastic! The restaurant is a bit pricey but no more than the famous name steakhouses that are all within walking distance of the property. Definitely check it out for the view and the revolving feature - even if you just have dessert or drinks and an appetizer.

There were only two issues during this stay.

1) Bought a root beer from the vending machine on my floor. The drink was HOT just like the D7 RCC at Dulles. For $2.50 I expect my bottle of root beer to at least be cold! I took it to the front desk and handed it to the clerk and explained what happened. She apologized profusely and disappeared into the back room for a moment. She emerged with TWO of the drink i had purchased - both of which were ice cold and another apology. She also refunded my $2.50. Excellent turn-around of a negative experience! Truly exemplifies the Hyatt Touch.

2) Kiosks and fast board in the lobby were all down. A hotel employee was posted at the machines to inform guests that the machines were down, and redirect them to the front desk. the front desk printed my boarding pass for me as well as directions to the airport, checked me out, and apologized for the inconvenience. They had adequate staff working the desk so that guests would not be waiting longer than usual due to the kiosks being down.

This is not a glitzy HR or special at all really, but it does a good job of making sure to live up to the expectations that the brand promises us. The restaurant is special though, but the rest of the hotel merely met my expectations for a HR and left me a satisfied customer.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
Regency Club coming to Indianapolis

Just thought I would let everyone know that our downtown Hyatt location is in the process of adding a regency club/lounge this year.

Stayed at this property over new years eve and asked about some construction going on at the time staff member said they were putting it in for the Super Bowl we will be hosting next year. I asked if it would continue after that and the person wasnt sure.
This is suppose to be completed late this year my feeling is with a new 1001 room JW Marriott opening in a few weeks (suppose to be the biggest in chain) they may want to keep it open we can only hope
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
regency club is up and working, standart selection though, gym is very nice, but no luck with upgrade - got regular room with a better view, though hotel is DEAD. guy told me they had about 20 check ins the day I checked in... no people in sight, only employees. yet no upgrade.
Rooms are asking for update.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
I stayed there with my family for the first time for two days just over a week ago.

The Bad -

The valet/parking/luggage situation is a bit behind the times and there was a long line to get checked in (some sort of cheerleader competition going on) and after waiting near 25 min to get my turn I was probably not looking to happy... I did not complain though as this has happened way to many times in the past to be anything new...

The Good -

I could not be more pleased with the service. "Andrew" apologized more than he needed to about the wait and checked me in. He upgraded me to a three room suite on the 20th (top) floor for less money than one would believe. The rooms were a bit dated but clean and comfortable. No real complaints. All of the staff were polite and courteous.

Food -

We ordered breakfast in the room as we were in a hurry to leave on day one - it was horrible at best... I have not eaten there other than that.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Just spent 3 nights here for GenCon 2011.

I got put on the 18th floor this is where the RC is right by the elevators. I didn't realize until I arrived the hotel is quite small as half of the building is part of PNC Bank and has a ton of offices for them.

For diamond they had a little card to fill out for amenities or points, I got 2 beers and some fruit delivered. I thought they delivered these right away or soon after, but on my way out the front desk person told me they do sometime after 5 and she would tell them to put it on the fridge.

As previous poster said the RC lounge wasn't anything too special, basically all that the buffet downstairs offers minus hot items. The hours were 6 or 6.30am to 9pm and only till 2pm on Fridays. For the weekend you can just get buffet downstairs. Overall better value as you do get a wider selection, mmm waffles!

The person tending to RC Friday morning did tell me they are doing room renovations starting at the end of Aug or so, they are doing window room seals right now. she told me that this upgrade was due to happen last year sometime even and got pushed back.

As far as the room went, I got a standard room that wasn't part of the atrium, I am afraid of heights so that was nice! The room did seem quieter as you don't get any sound traveling up. I either had the quiestest neighbors or they were only in the room during the day as heard nothing.

As for the new diamond benefits, I was offered the room refresh on arriving night, was done the second night, but didn't happen the 3rd night although I had privacy sign up at 7pmish to sleep early. Not sure if they don't on the weekends or they saw the sign and just went on the way.
Wasn't offered a late checkout, didn't ask as I was leaving well before the time anyways. I know the hotel was full for the last week week from my conversation in the RC and was told DOW was gonna pack it again for the next week, busy busy I guess.

The area is semi populated at night, it was hard to tell with my convention going on as it runs 24hours and has an attendance of ~30k. Thus even at 3am walking to the hotel I could easily see 20-30people around.

Overall I was very happy with the stay, with employees I talked with were very helpful. Even in finding me food at 2am. Not sure if it was special hours but, Noodles and Co at 2am good stuff!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:14 pm

Noodles and Company @ 200a - YES that's rare!!! Lucky (I go every Sunday (but usually to the IUPUI campus next to downtown location)).

Glad you had a decent stay and hopefully had a good time at Gencon! Sorry about all the road construction - the Super Bowl is fast approaching and we are in massive road construction mode right now.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
stayed there again for a one night stay - no upgrade (of course), though front desk guy made me wait for what I thought was going to be a suite - turned out I was waiting for an hour for king size bed. was told they're busy...I dont know...didnt seem like. Internet didnt work in first room (on RC floor) - had to move to another room.
RC selection in the evening was even poorer than the last time I was there.

On a positive note - got a note from manager welcoming me back to the hotel and a snack with that.
Lady at the lounge in the evening is very very nice - the best attendant I experienced in a while, not with a fake smile, like many others, but quite genuine.

also heard that they're about to start renovations. overdue.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by alexkgtu

Lady at the lounge in the evening is very very nice - the best attendant I experienced in a while, not with a fake smile, like many others, but quite genuine.

also heard that they're about to start renovations. overdue.
Yes, the gal in the RC was fantastic and you can tell loves her job. Hotel itself, while needing a renovation (they were working on the 20th floor and moving down) was not horrible, really. Good size shower and bath area, comfy bed, good internet and TV--all that I like with Hyatt. I had a corner/end room overlooking the mall/park/Simon building. GREAT location--easy walk to a variety of restaurants and the state capital. Would stay here again-JW looks nice as well, but quite a distance away from the restaurants. Overall friendly staff; seems like a small hotel, albeit it's size.

Elevators are painfully slow.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know the hours of the RC?

Also, is getting the parking fee waived standard for Diamonds, or is it YMMV?

Thanks.
Old May 6, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by hobo13
Does anybody know the hours of the RC?

Also, is getting the parking fee waived standard for Diamonds, or is it YMMV?

Thanks.
I do not know the hours of the RC but it is closed Saturday and Sunday. I asked for a sheet showing the hours and they did not have one and that seemed unusual. You can get breakfast certificates from the front desk for the restaurant although for some reason they seemed surprised I asked for them yesterday when told the club was closed.

I am Diamond and have been here a dozen or so times this past year and they have never waived the parking fee that I know of. However, I never thought to ask either..

The recent renovations certainly made the place better -
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Stayed at this property 2 times in last few weeks. It is in a good location, near a bunch of restaurants. The hotel is pretty on par for a Regency. The rooms are decent and have plenty of space. Regency club is just ok, it is usually dead in there, but the food choices are blah at best.

My pet peeve with this hotel is that they have a desk in the room, which is great for work. However, there are zero accessible outlets anywhere near the desk so you need to move close to an outlet before your laptop dies. Not sure why you design a room with a desk and no accessible plugs??
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
We just finished a delightful two-night stay here.

Service was excellent, we received an upgrade to a corner room, were given club access along with the option to have breakfast in the restaurant, and a 5PM late checkout. It seems like the hotel was recently refreshed and the hotel had the typical contemporary Hyatt look and feel.

The club was fine, but the food offerings were a little sparse perhaps.

Overall, a solid Hyatt Regency.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:39 am

Stayed here recently a few weeks ago after SMD4. Upon arrival, there was only valet parking available so I chose that -- the valet staff seemed very nice and accommodating. I also noticed that there was a ton of construction (in the lobby area).

I had to wait a few minutes to check-in (actually the staff member was getting "quietly" yelled at for being too lazy by his supervisor -- not professional since it was basically done infront of me) and was not too happy when he was checking me in.

I was told about the RC and was surprised at how limited the hours were (basically closed when I was there during the weekend). The newly renovated rooms were nice but the light switches are a little weirdly placed for me. The downtown location is very nice as previous posters have mentioned.

Overall, it was an okay stay. Nothing too special about this property. IMO, if location wasn't a factor, I would just simply stay at the HP near the airport just to save a few bucks for a beer or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.