Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mjh218
My pet peeve with this hotel is that they have a desk in the room, which is great for work. However, there are zero accessible outlets anywhere near the desk so you need to move close to an outlet before your laptop dies.
I found the power strip this morning on the side of the desk right up against the window sill. Not very visible. I hadn't even seen it yesterday and only noticed it today because the curtains are wrapped around the desk because there's not enough clearance for them to clear the desk. Until this morning I would have sworn there wasn't any power around the desk.

I do like the glass desk that rolls out from beneath the counter and is at a lower, more user-friendly level for me, with plenty of workspace.

On my first visit I had breakfast in the lounge and this weekend I'll be in the restaurant due to the lounge closure (closes 2pm on Friday). The restaurant breakfast works out well for me as I am here with friends on a 3A breakfast rate and we can dine together. I'm on a slightly lower non-3A rate with a 2 day minimum stay.

The great thing about this hotel, as others have mentioned, is the vast variety of restaurants within walking distance. There is also a small mall with both an Eddie Bauer and Banana Republic and a movie theater. I took the risk I could get by without a car here for both visits this week and it's worked out very well. I've been walking over to the pool at IU for U.S. Swimming Championships, just about a mile away on foot, along with the parents of a swimmer I follow. No need for a rental car when everything here is so close for us.

18th floor king:

More photos in the Hyatt gallery linked below,

Last edited by tom911; Jun 29, 2013 at 8:52 am
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Staying at this hotel tonight to fulfill my last night to re-qualify for Diamond. The RC is closed on the weekends so for $111 (including tax) I will be getting 3k points (RC + Welcome Bonus) plus 8x with Hyatt CC and GP. Score!

For the record, this hotel is close to everything downtown Indianapolis. A great location for anyone coming in for football games at Lucas Oil or meetings at the Convention Center.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Used a Diamond Suite upgrade here a few nights ago for a two-day meeting for four people. It was outstanding, the connector had a high top conference table for six, and a full living room.

I had not stayed here for several years, was delighted with the "new" (to me) Regency Club lounge and service.

Overall, a great stay!^^
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Used a Diamond Suite upgrade here a few nights ago for a two-day meeting for four people. It was outstanding, the connector had a high top conference table for six, and a full living room.

I had not stayed here for several years, was delighted with the "new" (to me) Regency Club lounge and service.

Overall, a great stay!^^

Staying here in June, first time. What type of room was the Diamond Suite upgrade good for?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am using a suite upgrade this upcoming weekend and will let you know what I'm put into. I'll take some pictures too! Unfortunately, the RC is closed on the weekend, but I'm happy with the extra points.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: hyatt diamond, hilton gold
Health nut, how was the suite at hyatt indianapolis? It says online that it's 1400 square feet but I'm assuming that is if you have both the king bedroom attached and the 2 queen on the other side as the picture doesn't appear to be that large. Have an upcoming stay in a few weeks and just curious.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mel14
Health nut, how was the suite at hyatt indianapolis? It says online that it's 1400 square feet but I'm assuming that is if you have both the king bedroom attached and the 2 queen on the other side as the picture doesn't appear to be that large. Have an upcoming stay in a few weeks and just curious.
Unfortunately we did not end up staying at the hotel that night. A larger than expected storm came in so we decided to stay in, instead of our staycation...

Will report next time!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mel14
Hello I stay at this property a, lot the suite is really nothing special used an up grade at new years basically just a king room awith attached parlor with high top table that seats 6 I think and couch and maybe a bar area if I remember one plus is the RC is open on weekends for beverages only and you get breakfast in hotel restaurant which is very good myself I would rather have club closure points but nevertheless a nice benefit
Old May 11, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by muscarlive
Hello I stay at this property a, lot the suite is really nothing special used an up grade at new years basically just a king room awith attached parlor with high top table that seats 6 I think and couch and maybe a bar area if I remember one plus is the RC is open on weekends for beverages only and you get breakfast in hotel restaurant which is very good myself I would rather have club closure points but nevertheless a nice benefit
I'm going to be taking a trip to Indy and looking at staying at this hotel this weekend. You guys confirm that you get a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant (non-Club) but you can get some beverages from the RC? But, you don't get any points, right?
Old May 12, 2014, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by doss1
I'm going to be taking a trip to Indy and looking at staying at this hotel this weekend. You guys confirm that you get a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant (non-Club) but you can get some beverages from the RC? But, you don't get any points, right?
It depends when you come. You get a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant on the weekends because the club closes mid-Friday. You also get the 2,500 additional points to accommodate your stay. If you stay during the week, there is a RC, so no points or breakfast in the restaurant.

FYI I think the RC being open for beverages on weekends is YMMV. I've been there once or twice when it was open and a handful of time when it wasn't open at all.
Old May 12, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
It depends when you come. You get a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant on the weekends because the club closes mid-Friday. You also get the 2,500 additional points to accommodate your stay. If you stay during the week, there is a RC, so no points or breakfast in the restaurant.

FYI I think the RC being open for beverages on weekends is YMMV. I've been there once or twice when it was open and a handful of time when it wasn't open at all.
Awesome deal, thanks for the heads up! I'll head over this weekend.
Old May 18, 2014, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut

healthnut (and anyone else reading),
I just returned from a stay (pleasant experience, but breakfast was so-so) and because it was the weekend, the Regency Club was closed. That's fine--I'm not really one for these lounges, but when I checked out, I was told NO points for club closure. I thought I read from you and others that we are supposed to get 2500 points for closure? This was one of the reasons why I chose this hotel...not a deal breaker, but the points help.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just returned from a stay (pleasant experience, but breakfast was so-so) and because it was the weekend, the Regency Club was closed. That's fine--I'm not really one for these lounges, but when I checked out, I was told NO points for club closure. I thought I read from you and others that we are supposed to get 2500 points for closure? This was one of the reasons why I chose this hotel...not a deal breaker, but the points help.
Call Hyatt GP. They will help you. I have always received points for this (only do weekend mattress runs), as early/late as two months ago.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:43 am

I'm surprised by this -- I was proactively offered this (mind you this was almost two years ago).

Generally though, I prefer getting the points over having the RC open if i'm only using it for breakfast. Domestic RCs breakfasts are generally not that great IMO.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by edcho
I'm surprised by this -- I was proactively offered this (mind you this was almost two years ago).

Generally though, I prefer getting the points over having the RC open if i'm only using it for breakfast. Domestic RCs breakfasts are generally not that great IMO.
I know, and that's exactly why I chose this hotel, lol. Weird how this kind of option is what pushed me to choose this Hyatt over a nearby Hilton.

I'll contact GPC to see what they can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.