Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 7:47 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by doss1
healthnut (and anyone else reading),
I just returned from a stay (pleasant experience, but breakfast was so-so) and because it was the weekend, the Regency Club was closed. That's fine--I'm not really one for these lounges, but when I checked out, I was told NO points for club closure. I thought I read from you and others that we are supposed to get 2500 points for closure? This was one of the reasons why I chose this hotel...not a deal breaker, but the points help.
Originally Posted by healthnut
Call Hyatt GP. They will help you. I have always received points for this (only do weekend mattress runs), as early/late as two months ago.
Originally Posted by edcho
I'm surprised by this -- I was proactively offered this (mind you this was almost two years ago).

Generally though, I prefer getting the points over having the RC open if i'm only using it for breakfast. Domestic RCs breakfasts are generally not that great IMO.
I know, and that's exactly why I chose this hotel, lol. Weird how this kind of option is what pushed me to choose this Hyatt over a nearby Hilton.

I'll contact GPC to see what they can do.
This property has gone rogue on the club closure points - it was confirmed in another thread that policy has not changed and they are violating T&C.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:31 pm

Interestingly I checked in here today and the FDC told me that, as a Diamond, I could have RC breakfast or complementary breakfast in the restrauant (and charge it to the room). This surprised me, so I asked her to repeat it.

Sadly I have to leave in the morning before either is open.

Last edited by BobR; May 19, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Old May 19, 2014, 6:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
healthnut (and anyone else reading),
I just returned from a stay (pleasant experience, but breakfast was so-so) and because it was the weekend, the Regency Club was closed. That's fine--I'm not really one for these lounges, but when I checked out, I was told NO points for club closure. I thought I read from you and others that we are supposed to get 2500 points for closure? This was one of the reasons why I chose this hotel...not a deal breaker, but the points help.
Originally Posted by healthnut
Call Hyatt GP. They will help you. I have always received points for this (only do weekend mattress runs), as early/late as two months ago.
I know, and that's exactly why I chose this hotel, lol. Weird how this kind of option is what pushed me to choose this Hyatt over a nearby Hilton.

I'll contact GPC to see what they can do.
I stayed these in early May over the weekend. No 2500 points. One email to GP and all was fixed. Super easy.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
There has been a recent policy change. 2500 club closure will no longer be awarded, as RC on 18th floor will be open but unstaffed on weekends. You are supposed to receive a voucher for drink/appetizer at the lobby bar (make sure you ask), and breakfast at the restaurant on weekends.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
There has been a recent policy change. 2500 club closure will no longer be awarded, as RC on 18th floor will be open but unstaffed on weekends. You are supposed to receive a voucher for drink/appetizer at the lobby bar (make sure you ask), and breakfast at the restaurant on weekends.
What a joke... their way of avoiding the 2.5K points.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
IMO with the restaurant breakfast as well as appetizer/drink cert for the evening and access to the lounge space, it's a reasonable substitute for the club lounge operating and the DN closed club points can be not given.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by peteropny
IMO with the restaurant breakfast as well as appetizer/drink cert for the evening and access to the lounge space, it's a reasonable substitute for the club lounge operating and the DN closed club points can be not given.
I may agree with this one. When I stayed there last on a weekend, not appetizer/drink cert was offered. So that is a step in the correct direction.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
hi all, I'm traveling to IND for the next 10 weeks and am debating staying at this property the Hyatt Place airport or Sheraton/Westin. Can anyone provide a more recent review of this property and whether if it's a good hotel?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:05 am

I was there about six months ago. At the time I found it to be a very good convention hotel. Common spaces were in good shape (its an atrium design which I have never found appealing), my club floor room was in very good condition, reasonable size, good desk with an OK view (I don't recall if there was a shower stall) and the lounge was also well provisioned (I remember really liking the fresh baked lemon bars).

In short I found the HR Indy to be a little nicer than the HR Chicago.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by BobR
I was there about six months ago. At the time I found it to be a very good convention hotel. Common spaces were in good shape (its an atrium design which I have never found appealing), my club floor room was in very good condition, reasonable size, good desk with an OK view (I don't recall if there was a shower stall) and the lounge was also well provisioned (I remember really liking the fresh baked lemon bars).

In short I found the HR Indy to be a little nicer than the HR Chicago.
Do you remember if the gym was nice? So the lounge is still open then for breakfast during the weekdays too?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:49 pm

^ I didn't go to the gym. I also left at 5am so I was unable to investigate the lounge at breakfast (the afternoon snacks and dinner spread were decent).

Last edited by BobR; Jan 23, 2015 at 7:05 am
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by BobR
^ I didn't go to the gym. I also left at 5am so I was unable to investigate the lounge at breakfast.
Cool thanks. I guess I'll find out soon
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Thumbs up Awesome Indy Property

We've stayed at this property twice in the past few months (Dec 2014 & Feb 2015), for a total of 4 nights. We had great stays both times, & if it weren't for the pricey parking fee & the A/C situation this would definitely be my favorite Hyatt property in Indy. I still plan to stay at this property again.

Pros:
-Nicely renovated rooms
-Awesome location, right in the heart of downtown Indy
-Good staff
-Good room layout with the bathroom at the entry, closet/minibar area, then the main room with bed(s), a cool movable desk, comfy chair, & dresser w/ TV. The bathroom location is great if one person wants to get ready while someone else sleeps.
-Recycling bins
-Nice closet/minibar area in entry hallway. There's a counter with a lighted mirror that's perfect for a second getting ready area, & a closet cabinet w/full length mirror.
-Spacious bathrooms, some with tubs & some with showers but they're both nice.
-I'm a light sleeper but we didn't hear much noise both from outside or within the hotel.

Cons:
-No fans in bathrooms. We left the bathroom door open when showering/blow drying hair & that kept it from getting super hot in there
-A/C doesn't work, at least in winter months. No matter if you turn it to 65 (or lower if you know the A/C hack ), hot air still blows out. You can have them flush your unit but in my two experiences it didn't do much & I just ended up leaving the heat/A/C off completely.
-Parking is very expensive. $24 for limited self-parking, with no in/out privileges, or $34 overnight valet parking with in/out privileges. There are some other garages nearby but you'll still pay at least $18/night.
-No complimentary breakfast for non-Diamonds since it's a Regency.

That covers most of it, but let me know if anyone has a specific question.

Last edited by jkjetsetters; Mar 18, 2015 at 2:37 pm Reason: Edited breakfast to specify it's not complimentary unless you're a Diamond.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
We've stayed at this property twice in the past few months (Dec 2014 & Feb 2015), for a total of 4 nights. We had great stays both times, & if it weren't for the pricey parking fee & the A/C situation this would definitely be my favorite Hyatt property in Indy. I still plan to stay at this property again.

Pros:
-Nicely renovated rooms
-Awesome location, right in the heart of downtown Indy
-Good staff
-Good room layout with the bathroom at the entry, closet/minibar area, then the main room with bed(s), a cool movable desk, comfy chair, & dresser w/ TV. The bathroom location is great if one person wants to get ready while someone else sleeps.
-Recycling bins
-Nice closet/minibar area in entry hallway. There's a counter with a lighted mirror that's perfect for a second getting ready area, & a closet cabinet w/full length mirror.
-Spacious bathrooms, some with tubs & some with showers but they're both nice.
-I'm a light sleeper but we didn't hear much noise both from outside or within the hotel.

Cons:
-No fans in bathrooms. We left the bathroom door open when showering/blow drying hair & that kept it from getting super hot in there
-A/C doesn't work, at least in winter months. No matter if you turn it to 65 (or lower if you know the A/C hack ), hot air still blows out. You can have them flush your unit but in my two experiences it didn't do much & I just ended up leaving the heat/A/C off completely.
-Parking is very expensive. $24 for limited self-parking, with no in/out privileges, or $34 overnight valet parking with in/out privileges. There are some other garages nearby but you'll still pay at least $18/night.
-No complimentary breakfast since it's a regency.

That covers most of it, but let me know if anyone has a specific question.
I'm a little late with my review but agree with almost everyone that was said.

Breakfast is served for Diamonds at the Regency club - nothing hot though. It's the typical, fruits, salmon, yogurt, granola. The lounge is smaller than some of the other Hyatt lounges I've been in but it's still good.

DSU's here will get you a Deluxe suite which is really spacious (it's about 1400 sq ft and the one I was in had a spacious living room with a regular sized king adjoined.)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: US. HH Diamond but chasing Hyatt
Decent hotel with expensive parking. Very well located, and nice views from my 15th floor room. Room was city sized (small), but i arrived at 1AM so I may have received about the last room open. Breakfast in the restaurant was good, but I'd advise against the buffet unless you REALLY want an omelette and fresh fruit. The menu was pretty fun, there's also a Starbucks and a Subway in the building and Panera across the street. Pretty lobby, recently renovated room, and big bathroom counter. the other negative was that the room wasn't super clean; I'm typically not picky, but I noticed here. Not bad enough to complain though.

I'd stay here again if I wanted to do something downtown, especially for the $139 rate I got, but I'll probably look for a Hyatt Place in the suburbs if I'm in on business again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.