Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:26 pm

I just stayed there this past week for 2 nights. My spouse and I each had a free cat 1-4 night to use before they expired. Rates were quoted around $350 a night for the nights we stayed - this is not normal and I would not pay this rate for the quality of the room. There was a lot of conventions and events happening when we were there. Ugh Juice Plus attendees were the worst

We opted to valet park ($45) rather than drive around for a parking spot. This was a mistake I think, there are a ton of parking garages very close by. The quoted rate for Hyatt's garage was $35 a night to self-park. We were lazy and opted to valet.

We are only discoverist (I hate these new names), but the front desk recognized our status and told us about free water and premium wifi. We got a normal room close to the elevator on a high floor. It was adequate except for the very poor shower pressure and water temperature control. Nice big tv that swiveled with a comfortable chair and ottoman, and nice views of downtown.

Overall staff was very friendly including front desk, valet, and housekeeping - everyone I talked to wished us a pleasant stay with true sincerity. The only issue we had was they could not combine our reservations into one on first check in. I've done this at a number of Hyatts without problems. I had to go down to the front desk after our first night stay and convince them to let us keep our room without needing my spouse present. It was just odd that they were perplexed by this situation.

We didn't check out the pool, restaurants, or gym. The hotel restaurants seemed very quiet considering how many people were staying. There are many great restaurants nearby - Patachou and Nada were particular standouts.

Last edited by technotica; Oct 23, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Want weekend dates in early March. Hotel is only showing upgraded rooms (i.e. Capitol view). Any idea what are the odds that this will become available? Have the Embassy Suites reserved as a back up but the Hyatt seems like a better deal for 8000 WOH points (vs. 48,000 HHonors points) though I know not all points are created equal. Can also get the Capitol view room for 20K UR points which is 2.5 times what it "should" cost (i.e. if transferred to Hyatt)

update: The base room is now available with points. So either someone cancelled a big block of award bookings (both king rooms and double doubles became available and still are available) or the hotel decided to add inventory. Anyway, 8,000 points for a room that goes for $249 plus tax seems like a good deal.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Jan 22, 2019 at 10:36 pm Reason: add update
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
This hotel has started to implement a policy of entering guest rooms once every 24 hours regardless of whether there's a Do Not Disturb on the door, which seems a little strange given how far removed we are from the Vegas incident which presumably drove the policy change. (I've stayed several times between then and my most recent stay and it hadn't been implemented until now, at least to my knowledge.) This hotel also lost a bit of its luster once WoH arrived and the points for the lounge being closed on the weekend disappeared. I'm not upset about not having lounge access -- this is one of the tiniest and most underwhelming lounges in the program, although the attendants are extremely nice -- but those points were free money. The hotel offers restaurant breakfast on the weekend for Globalists, and while I didn't have to sign a bill, the breakfast benefit is limited to the buffet.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question Post-COVID stay at HR Indianapolis?

Has anyone stayed here recently? I’m looking to stay here this winter (Globalist) so I was wondering how the breakfast/lounge situation was for this HR.

Ditto for the suite upgrade situation. I wanted to confirm an upgrade but we didn’t see any availability.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'm not staying here, but I did want to comment at how surprised I was to see how similar the exterior of this property looks to the exterior of the HR in Houston. The brick and angled window design make them look almost like twins.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Any recent stays? Curious about the Globalist breakfast and lounge situations. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:44 am

At HR Indy for GenCon. Someone on staff has let their nerdy side show, and it’s amazing.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by JonEMTP

At HR Indy for GenCon. Someone on staff has let their nerdy side show, and it’s amazing.
I like the effort that went into these pins. But I can't help but feel like those quotes don't represent that hotel in any stretch of the imagination.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Also looking for some recent stay intel, such as weekday globalist breakfast options and comp upgrades on paid or award stays. Has someone stayed here lately?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by touringuy
Also looking for some recent stay intel, such as weekday globalist breakfast options and comp upgrades on paid or award stays. Has someone stayed here lately?
We stayed here a few months back. Club was closed and I think that is still the case. Parking is not free even on an award stay - I guess they do not own the garage. Besides that, breakfast was a decent buffet with a waffle and omelet station. They give you tickets at the front desk. I don't think there are any real suites at this location. Location is the best part of this property.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jchaps31
We stayed here a few months back. Club was closed and I think that is still the case. Parking is not free even on an award stay - I guess they do not own the garage. Besides that, breakfast was a decent buffet with a waffle and omelet station. They give you tickets at the front desk. I don't think there are any real suites at this location. Location is the best part of this property.
Very interesting. They comped parking for my award stay as a Globalist back in December.

We also got the breakfast tickets which were good for buffet pretty much every day except the first morning, where we got to order from the menu for some reason. Club was not open. We were upgraded to a suite and had a great stay. Wonder if they changed things since last winter.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jchaps31
Interesting...I distinctly remember this hotel participating in that promo back in 2020 (I think) when lots of properties were offering free parking and some other kind of discount...I think it was a points rebate...to all members.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Very interesting. They comped parking for my award stay as a Globalist back in December.

We also got the breakfast tickets which were good for buffet pretty much every day except the first morning, where we got to order from the menu for some reason. Club was not open. We were upgraded to a suite and had a great stay. Wonder if they changed things since last winter.
Did you use the valet for your parking? I saw the dialogue and reached out the my concierge. She replied that it was valet only. It appears all the self parking options are all third party garages and cant be billed to the room etc.

Last edited by mcgahat; Aug 25, 2022 at 7:01 am
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: AC 25k, DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Planning a stay for April 2023. Called the front desk: said Club lounge was open for snacks and drinks, while breakfast is still served in the restaurant.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:33 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by DotsTheWarlock
Planning a stay for April 2023. Called the front desk: said Club lounge was open for snacks and drinks, while breakfast is still served in the restaurant.

Did you end up staying here? How was lounge and breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.