Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The swimming pool is adults only from 7pm to midnight now.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:30 pm

Any recent update on this? Do Globalists now still get breakfast and cocktail and canapes? I would've preferred afternoon tea like at the PH Saigon.

Originally Posted by Aventine
More updates from PH Seoul:

- Diamond members can enjoy a Twilight cocktail and canape hour at Timber House from 6-8pm.

- Cornerstone's renovations are complete and just opened yesterday. It's now a renovated Cornerstone with Italian food. Reservations tonight and will report back.

- I like how they have proper OEM Samsung and Apple chargers to borrow for guests who forget theirs. Their Busan cousin use an aftermarket product that may or may not work with iPhone6,6s plus. Just a nice touch.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by savekenny
Any recent update on this? Do Globalists now still get breakfast and cocktail and canapes? I would've preferred afternoon tea like at the PH Saigon.
Breakfast can be done in room or at Cornerstone. Timber House will be renovated and finished by October. Not sure where they are doing the Globalist benefit during the renovation.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Last time I tried, the timber house "reception" was kinda poor. Almost not worth it imo.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pWei
Last time I tried, the timber house "reception" was kinda poor. Almost not worth it imo.
Agreed. They seem to only want high rollers or frequent customers.
Hopefully it's better with the new renovation .
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I stayed at the PH Saigon in January and wasn't aware that there was an afternoon tea for Diamonds/Globalists. Is this new? My family and I actually paid for the afternoon tea our last day there.

I stayed at the PH Seould for two nights a couple of weeks ago as a Globalist. I had complimentary breakfast in the restaurant the first morning and in my room the second morning as I had an early flight. Nothing showed up on my bill for either. They did cocktails in the evening in the lounge on the LL (Timber House). There weren't canapes but a small plate of dried fruit and nuts.

Just a note on the comlpimentary suite upgrade. I checked in at noon the first day and wasn't offered a suite but I was told I was given a deluxe (I think corner room) on the 20th floor. After asking about suites (as the Hyatt site indicated availability) I was given a suite on the 5th floor--it was all they said they had at noon. The traffic noise on the 5th floor is pretty unbearable and I asked to be moved for my second night. I was moved to the 12th floor which was quite a bit better but would still disturb a light sleeper. In short, get as high a floor as possible.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gspurr
I stayed at the PH Saigon in January and wasn't aware that there was an afternoon tea for Diamonds/Globalists. Is this new? My family and I actually paid for the afternoon tea our last day there.

I stayed at the PH Seould for two nights a couple of weeks ago as a Globalist. I had complimentary breakfast in the restaurant the first morning and in my room the second morning as I had an early flight. Nothing showed up on my bill for either. They did cocktails in the evening in the lounge on the LL (Timber House). There weren't canapes but a small plate of dried fruit and nuts.

Just a note on the comlpimentary suite upgrade. I checked in at noon the first day and wasn't offered a suite but I was told I was given a deluxe (I think corner room) on the 20th floor. After asking about suites (as the Hyatt site indicated availability) I was given a suite on the 5th floor--it was all they said they had at noon. The traffic noise on the 5th floor is pretty unbearable and I asked to be moved for my second night. I was moved to the 12th floor which was quite a bit better but would still disturb a light sleeper. In short, get as high a floor as possible.
05 and 10 are suites. The 10 suite is the best for light sleepers as it's turned away from the road.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 17, 2017 at 1:47 am
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
05 and 10 are suites. The 10 suite is the best for light sleepers as it's turned away from the road.
They moved me to 1210. It was turned away from the heaviest traffic but was still a bit noisy. They had the same notice in 1210 that they had in 505 about the floor to ceiling windows and traffic noise and that earplugs were offered. Not nearly as bad 505, but it would disturb a light sleeper. I would think that 510 would be pretty loud. Another thing I found was that as 1210 was at the end of the hotel with windows facing opposite directions it didn't really cool off until well after dark despite having the ac cranked and the blinds closed. Yes, first world problems . . .
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gspurr
They moved me to 1210. It was turned away from the heaviest traffic but was still a bit noisy. They had the same notice in 1210 that they had in 505 about the floor to ceiling windows and traffic noise and that earplugs were offered. Not nearly as bad 505, but it would disturb a light sleeper. I would think that 510 would be pretty loud. Another thing I found was that as 1210 was at the end of the hotel with windows facing opposite directions it didn't really cool off until well after dark despite having the ac cranked and the blinds closed. Yes, first world problems . . .
The AC problem is a common occurrence at a lot of Korean luxury hotels not just PH. Brand new Four Seasons Seoul is the same. The systems they installed can't keep up with all glass and massive amounts of sunshine that Korea seems to get.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Interesting reports as I had no issues with the AC nor noise with the suite I had gotten. Don't remember the number but it was in the middle of the corridor, so probably a 05?

And this was during a heat wave. I did leave both ACs on.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pWei
Interesting reports as I had no issues with the AC nor noise with the suite I had gotten. Don't remember the number but it was in the middle of the corridor, so probably a 05?

And this was during a heat wave. I did leave both ACs on.
Yes, definitely was an 05. I guess I just have bad luck with the 10 series getting sun from both sides during the day and housekeeping not keeping the blinds down.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:28 pm

Report back on my stay from last weekend. No suite upgrade... in fact, I have not had any suite upgrade this year as a Globalist.

No welcome amenity except two nectarines in the room. Breakfast was fine at Cornerstone. Unlimited wine and 2/3 kinds of spirits, with a plate of fruit and nuts at the Timber House from 6-8pm. Overall, not impressed.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Report back on my stay from last weekend. No suite upgrade... in fact, I have not had any suite upgrade this year as a Globalist.

No welcome amenity except two nectarines in the room. Breakfast was fine at Cornerstone. Unlimited wine and 2/3 kinds of spirits, with a plate of fruit and nuts at the Timber House from 6-8pm. Overall, not impressed.
YMMV for the suite upgrades. Did they have any available during your stay?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:35 am

YMMV for the suite upgrades. Did they have any available during your stay?
I didn't bother to ask or check the site. I have been utterly disappointed with WoH after they took away all the DM benefits, but in its place have offered me absolutely nothing during my stays. Once I spend all my points this year and next, I have no plans staying with Hyatt again.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When did this property start offering the evening happy hour F&B at Timber House? When I stayed here, I got daily breakfast and some sort of a coupon for a very slight discount on one particular special anniversary cocktail involving hard liquor and raw egg whites. (No thanks.)

Is the happy hour downstairs a WOH (or whoa) perk for Globs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.