Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Not upgraded at Eliza Jane NO but friends with no status were

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not upgraded at Eliza Jane NO but friends with no status were

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Like I said we contacted Hyatt and the hotel between all of that we got 15k and no suite award back. I complained over and over I definitely wasn’t accepting 2,500 points and so the all those issues plus losing the suite award and then selling it to another guest they should’ve comped the entire stay. Unfortunately, that’s all they were willing to do and that’s after a month of contact.
Do you mind naming the hotel in question here?

This would definitely be one to avoid for me.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
Do you mind naming the hotel in question here?

This would definitely be one to avoid for me.
Hyatt House Addison
josephstern likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moolman
I disagree because that's the point of being a Globalist, we should get upgraded before others. If we don't hold them to this standard at every property then your benefits get eroded. Don't kiss corporate butt and expect less.
Hyatt never says you should get upgrades ahead of other guests. Hotels can and do decide room assignments based on a lot of variables. Most of the time, it goes by status.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Hotels can certainly choose to upgrade whoever they want for whatever reason. A non-Globalist can get an upgrade and hotels tend to upgrade those without status in an effort to provide them with a memorable experience to make them want to return.
Originally Posted by SP03
Hyatt never says you should get upgrades ahead of other guests. Hotels can and do decide room assignments based on a lot of variables. Most of the time, it goes by status.
So a property could pursue a “surprise and delight” strategy and try to convert non- or low-level-elite first time customers to recurring customers by giving every available upgrade to that customer group, and leave the Globalists in their reserved rooms?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Go ahead, you do you and if you're a Globalist, keep your mouth shut and accept that you won't get upgraded before others without status....lol
antonius66, kauppias and skydelt like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So a property could pursue a “surprise and delight” strategy and try to convert non- or low-level-elite first time customers to recurring customers by giving every available upgrade to that customer group, and leave the Globalists in their reserved rooms?
We have a lot of corporate boot lickers here that like to come by and play devil's advocate. The real Globalist that care about service and quality of the program should always hold them accountable or Hyatt will end up like Marriott.....lol
antonius66 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
We have a lot of corporate boot lickers here that like to come by and play devil's advocate. The real Globalist that care about service and quality of the program should always hold them accountable or Hyatt will end up like Marriott.....lol
some of us Bilt globalists care too 😂😁

this year I can shed the title away after my 60 are in 😂
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Not 100% sure how I should read your message. I am neither a bootlicker nor a Globalist, so I don’t have any horse in this race. I am merely curious if what I describe would be a “legal” strategy for Hyatt properties.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kauppias
some of us Bilt globalists care too 😂😁

this year I can shed the title away after my 60 are in 😂
Haha .Bilt Globalist are Globalist too, we should all do our part to make sure Hyatt keeps the best benefits and keep them accountable.I started as a Bilt Globalist too, ended up moving a lot of my nights because of that and stayed 101 nights last year. So the bilt promo worked to convert me...haha
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Not 100% sure how I should read your message. I am neither a bootlicker nor a Globalist, so I don’t have any horse in this race. I am merely curious if what I describe would be a “legal” strategy for Hyatt properties.
I was not referring to you, it was in reference to the ones that tell you to accept it when you don't get the benefits that you earned and try to justify it by giving nuanced excuses as to why you're being entitled by expecting the best customer service and experience since you're one of their best customers, regardless of what's in the terms or fine print.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Haha .Bilt Globalist are Globalist too, we should all do our part to make sure Hyatt keeps the best benefits and keep them accountable.I started as a Bilt Globalist too, ended up moving a lot of my nights because of that and stayed 101 nights last year. So the bilt promo worked to convert me...haha
same here I am at 30 nights now and mpre to come, but its funny how some have a chip on their should about bilt globalists makes me grin 😀

I call out each property if they refuse suites when available or late checkout if they are not a resort etc, othewise one might as well stay at IHG where nothing is really guaranteed
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kauppias
same here I am at 30 nights now and mpre to come, but its funny how some have a chip on their should about bilt globalists makes me grin 😀

I call out each property if they refuse suites when available or late checkout if they are not a resort etc, othewise one might as well stay at IHG where nothing is really guaranteed
Exactly, that's why I named the hotel, while I'm still staying here. Some people think the hotel will send goons to your room to break your legs if you name and shame them, especially while you're still on the property...haha... I've had great success with free upgrades as a Diamond Ambassador at IHG, I checked in my coworker using my account at the IC New Orleans and they gave me the 1 bedroom suite and even at a holiday inn Express, if I ask they give me that extended room....haha
Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Go ahead, you do you and if you're a Globalist, keep your mouth shut and accept that you won't get upgraded before others without status....lol
I’m perfectly happy with Hyatt. If I get a suite upgrade, great! If my friend gets an upgrade and I don’t, I’m not going to throw a tantrum.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Who decides what a real Globalist is? You?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

I’m perfectly happy with Hyatt. If I get a suite upgrade, great! If my friend gets an upgrade and I don’t, I’m not going to throw a tantrum.
Nobody threw a tantrum here except you boot licking Hyatt. You go ahead and be happy not getting suite upgrades as a Globalist when others without status gets them and leave the upgrades to the rest of us. It's fine. I'm just telling people my experience and see if they experienced this at other hotels. This was one of the rare times, I wasn't upgraded at a Hyatt and I'm perfectly happy with them. Nothing wrong to expect them to give me the best customer service experience since I'm a great customer. You go ahead and get treated poorly and be happy all you want but don't get mad at me because I want a great experience.

Like I said, I was okay when my friend with GOH got the upgrade, wasn't happy because it shouldn't be that way but fine. But when you know someone with no status gets the upgrade, it's time to speak up and not take it, like you would, we're all not boot lickers. And as I mentioned, they gave me points and made it right, so no further complaints from me and I hope anybody that this happens to would complain too and not just accept what happens. People like you that accept this kind of treatment from Hyatt, make them think it's acceptable to not give the best benefits and that's not okay. I specifically chose this hotel because it was a Hyatt over many others because of the Globalist benefits and nothing else, just like many others, so demand that they honor it, you're the one paying.

Last edited by moolman; Apr 17, 2024 at 6:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.