Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Relocation for Delayed Opening Hotel Problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Relocation for Delayed Opening Hotel Problems

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Unhappy Relocation for Delayed Opening Hotel Problems

Hello! I had booked Numu for Christmas & New Years this year. It was supposed to open in October. It's now delayed to February, I think. Hyatt Consumer Affairs has contacted me and (1) refunded my points and (2) told me I'd be booked into a comparable room (suite) in Live Aqua.

For two months now, Hyatt Consumer Affairs has told me there has been a delay in the rebooking. They have made up several excuses for the delay, such as, "the owners of both properties are negotiating", "the team that's handling the rebooking are on site and limited, and it's taking time", and "this is a very large relocation and is taking some time."

I am concerned about Live Aqua selling out for the holiday season. I have called the Hyatt Consumer Affairs people four times and plead my case to have the rebooking confirmed and sent to me. They've now told me that I am "confirmed" but they cannot send the confirmation "right now." When I asked when, they said they have absolutely no idea when the confirmation can be sent.

I really don't understand what is going on. Is Hyatt purposefully delaying so Live Aqua sells out? Is there anyone else I can speak to? I'm quite concerned.

I'm Globalist, by the way, if that matters. The Globalist line cannot help, they refer me to "Consumer Affairs" whom I'm spoken to several times.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Bump. Any ideas?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:28 pm

You are still somewhat far out to XMAS, not much to do other than to keep pushing, every few weeks. If you're very concerned make a reservation with a free cancellation at a comparable property now in case they don't provide a satisfactory resolution.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: WOH Glob
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Hello! I had booked Numu for Christmas & New Years this year. It was supposed to open in October. It's now delayed to February, I think. Hyatt Consumer Affairs has contacted me and (1) refunded my points and (2) told me I'd be booked into a comparable room (suite) in Live Aqua.

For two months now, Hyatt Consumer Affairs has told me there has been a delay in the rebooking. They have made up several excuses for the delay, such as, "the owners of both properties are negotiating", "the team that's handling the rebooking are on site and limited, and it's taking time", and "this is a very large relocation and is taking some time."

I am concerned about Live Aqua selling out for the holiday season. I have called the Hyatt Consumer Affairs people four times and plead my case to have the rebooking confirmed and sent to me. They've now told me that I am "confirmed" but they cannot send the confirmation "right now." When I asked when, they said they have absolutely no idea when the confirmation can be sent.

I really don't understand what is going on. Is Hyatt purposefully delaying so Live Aqua sells out? Is there anyone else I can speak to? I'm quite concerned.

I'm Globalist, by the way, if that matters. The Globalist line cannot help, they refer me to "Consumer Affairs" whom I'm spoken to several times.
What level of room did you book at NUMU and at what rate? Curious as I have a res at end of April made back when a standard room was only 5k points and I wonder if they will offer to relocate us to a similar (or the same) hotel.

Please report back when you make any progress or get any news!
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
You are still somewhat far out to XMAS, not much to do other than to keep pushing, every few weeks. If you're very concerned make a reservation with a free cancellation at a comparable property now in case they don't provide a satisfactory resolution.
I'd do this, plus get in writing from Hyatt, that you would like for them to compensate at least partial, and/or cancellation fees for the alternate, if the hotel is not available by then..
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:45 pm

Wait, so are they putting you up at Live Aqua for free or you still have to pay for that reservation?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daftryan
Wait, so are they putting you up at Live Aqua for free or you still have to pay for that reservation?
For free. I had paid points for the room at Numu. They are unable to deliver on that arrangement, and so it's on them to make alternative arrangements at their expense.

If I were to pay, I would have booked it already LOL.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seagull689
I'd do this, plus get in writing from Hyatt, that you would like for them to compensate at least partial, and/or cancellation fees for the alternate, if the hotel is not available by then..
They seem unable to send anything in writing, even my new confirmation. Despite the fact that they have assured me it has been arranged "between the owners of Numu and Live Aqua." I have my doubts!
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:57 pm

For free. I had paid points for the room at Numu. They are unable to deliver on that arrangement, and so it's on them to make alternative arrangements at their expense.

If I were to pay, I would have booked it already LOL.
Pretty sweet deal. My reservation at Numu is in February and I feel like they're not going to be opened by then, either. The earliest you can book on the website is April 1st. I haven't heard from Hyatt yet, but I did have a weird "CHANGE" email for my reservation that showed no noticeable change that I could find.

I'd take a free stay at Live Aqua, though.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daftryan
Pretty sweet deal. My reservation at Numu is in February and I feel like they're not going to be opened by then, either. The earliest you can book on the website is April 1st. I haven't heard from Hyatt yet, but I did have a weird "CHANGE" email for my reservation that showed no noticeable change that I could find.

I'd take a free stay at Live Aqua, though.
That's weird. You should get an email shortly saying to call Corporate Services. Then they will do nothing to help.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
They seem unable to send anything in writing, even my new confirmation. Despite the fact that they have assured me it has been arranged "between the owners of Numu and Live Aqua." I have my doubts!

Did you ever get the reservation details from Live Aqua?

I followed up with Hyatt a couple days ago over my upcoming Dec/Jan reservation that they also promised in September to rebook at Live Aqua … and they wrote back today saying that rebooking details had to be sent to Live Aqua by a certain date and they can no longer add anyone to this list anymore.

I was promised and accepted in September this rebooking and they are essentially going back on their word.

Curious about your update.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lifeisart
Did you ever get the reservation details from Live Aqua?

I followed up with Hyatt a couple days ago over my upcoming Dec/Jan reservation that they also promised in September to rebook at Live Aqua … and they wrote back today saying that rebooking details had to be sent to Live Aqua by a certain date and they can no longer add anyone to this list anymore.

I was promised and accepted in September this rebooking and they are essentially going back on their word.

Curious about your update.
I did, after several mistakes in the confirmation, I got the correct one for all 8 nights. Now we're going back and forth on the 10% "service fee" that Numu and Live Aqua says I'll need to pay personally, while Hyatt Corporate says will be covered since I had an award room. But the room & taxes are settled and covered.

That's terrible they're going back on you.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Also, I saw your DM. You're better off calling Hyatt Consumer Affairs, they're awful over email.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I did, after several mistakes in the confirmation, I got the correct one for all 8 nights. Now we're going back and forth on the 10% "service fee" that Numu and Live Aqua says I'll need to pay personally, while Hyatt Corporate says will be covered since I had an award room. But the room & taxes are settled and covered.

That's terrible they're going back on you.
Thanks for letting me know. I’m glad they honored their agreement to you and you have the confirmations. I wrote back to Hyatt and the agent said she is looking further into this. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lifeisart
Thanks for letting me know. I’m glad they honored their agreement to you and you have the confirmations. I wrote back to Hyatt and the agent said she is looking further into this. Fingers crossed.
Why don't you just call them? They're more helpful on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.