Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chase Ultimate Rewards Points not Transferring to Spouse's World of Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:31 am
Original Poster

I am trying to transfer points from my wife's Chase Ultimate Rewards account to my World of Hyatt account. We are both in the same household and I am an authorized user of her Chase Sapphire card. I have done this for years and something has changed in the past year or so that it no longer works for me. I am able to enter my World of Hyatt account, enter the amount of points, and I get to the last page to review details and when I click "Confirm & Submit" nothing happens. The names match perfect on both accounts. I have called both Hyatt and Chase several times and no one can figure it out, both companies saying it's an issue on the other company's end. I am at a loss. Has anyone ever run into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Does your wife have a Chase UR account? If so it would probably be more straight forward to transfer UR from your account to her account, then have her transfer the UR to WoH.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:12 am
Original Poster

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but it's not working!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Lomic
Does your wife have a Chase UR account? If so it would probably be more straight forward to transfer UR from your account to her account, then have her transfer the UR to WoH.
the OP is transferring from the wife’s account. I think you are asking transferring from wife’s UR to OP’s UR and then to Hyatt.

Originally Posted by senik619
That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but it's not working!
why would you need to enter your WOH number again if you have done it before. Aren’t the accounts saved automatically if you have done it before. I’m thinking something is mismatched.
bbbb likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:15 pm

I am trying to transfer points from my wife's Chase Ultimate Rewards account to my World of Hyatt account. We are both in the same household and I am an authorized user of her Chase Sapphire card. I have done this for years and something has changed in the past year or so that it no longer works for me. I am able to enter my World of Hyatt account, enter the amount of points, and I get to the last page to review details and when I click "Confirm & Submit" nothing happens. The names match perfect on both accounts. I have called both Hyatt and Chase several times and no one can figure it out, both companies saying it's an issue on the other company's end. I am at a loss. Has anyone ever run into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
If you click the button and nothing happens, then it sounds more like an IT issue than an account issue. I'd try switching browsers or even computers, and see if the problem persists. For your reference, I just transferred points from UR to Hyatt yesterday and had zero issues.
bbbb likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks
the OP is transferring from the wife’s account. I think you are asking transferring from wife’s UR to OP’s UR and then to Hyatt.

why would you need to enter your WOH number again if you have done it before. Aren’t the accounts saved automatically if you have done it before. I’m thinking something is mismatched.
Correct, I’m trying to transfer from wife’s UR account to my WOH account.

Good point on even having to enter my WOH account again. I thought something was mismatched as well. I noticed my Hyatt account had “Mr.” in front of it so I had Hyatt take it off. It didn’t help. Name matches perfectly.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ezak
If you click the button and nothing happens, then it sounds more like an IT issue than an account issue. I'd try switching browsers or even computers, and see if the problem persists. For your reference, I just transferred points from UR to Hyatt yesterday and had zero issues.
Just to be very clear, it’s my wife’s UR account to my WOH account that is not working. My wife can transfer to her WOH account no problem.

I thought it could be an IT issue. I’ve tried multiple computers and multiple browser and the same issue.

I will say the closest I got to an answer was in December I was deep into a Chase customer service call (multiple dept transfers) and the agent said that she was getting an error saying I could not transfer points until next year. It didn’t make sense but it was another clue. Unfortunately we are well into a new year and still have the same issue.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:52 pm

Just to be very clear, it’s my wife’s UR account to my WOH account that is not working. My wife can transfer to her WOH account no problem.

I thought it could be an IT issue. I’ve tried multiple computers and multiple browser and the same issue.

I will say the closest I got to an answer was in December I was deep into a Chase customer service call (multiple dept transfers) and the agent said that she was getting an error saying I could not transfer points until next year. It didn’t make sense but it was another clue. Unfortunately we are well into a new year and still have the same issue.
Why don’t you transfer her UR points to her Hyatt account and then transfer from her Hyatt account to your Hyatt account?
bbbb likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Why don’t you transfer her UR points to her Hyatt account and then transfer from her Hyatt account to your Hyatt account?
I did not know that was an option! That certainly helps. Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:55 am

Note that it may take up to 30 days for a WOH account transfer.

I’m trying to book PHNY before points needed go from 30K to 40K by March 2022. It doesn’t look good for me. But if you can afford the wait, then you’re good.

Last edited by imbisibol; Feb 27, 2022 at 9:01 am
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:04 am

How did this end up? I'm having the same issue transferring points from my UR account to my husbands Hyatt account (authorized user, same household). When I called the rep said she got a not eligible to transfer until next year error but could not resolve it. She said she escalated it and I would hear back in 1-2 business days. It's been 3 and nothing... I recently helped my parents out with a Hyatt redemption recently so unfortunately I cannot use the work around my UR > my Hyatt > husbands Hyatt. I need to book this from my husband's account as he already has some of the points needed for redemption. I'm worried about waiting the 30 days to be eligible to transfer Hyatt to Hyatt and then combine points and have it take up to another 30 days to get them all in my account to book.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:59 am

Could you split the reservation, and book some under your WOH account and some under your husband's. Then call the hotel and ask them to merge it?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by rmiller829
How did this end up? I'm having the same issue transferring points from my UR account to my husbands Hyatt account (authorized user, same household). When I called the rep said she got a not eligible to transfer until next year error but could not resolve it. She said she escalated it and I would hear back in 1-2 business days. It's been 3 and nothing... I recently helped my parents out with a Hyatt redemption recently so unfortunately I cannot use the work around my UR > my Hyatt > husbands Hyatt. I need to book this from my husband's account as he already has some of the points needed for redemption. I'm worried about waiting the 30 days to be eligible to transfer Hyatt to Hyatt and then combine points and have it take up to another 30 days to get them all in my account to book.
Maybe they will allow the account to go negative to make the booking while waiting for the points to show up?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Any solutions here? I’m having the same problem.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Me too

Same exact issue transfering from my CSP to wife's Hyatt account. Obviously a huge glaring IT issue and clearly chase doesn't remotely care. If there is ANY workaround would love to hear it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.