Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I have a points reservation for mid February and tried to make one for the end of May and the site now shows the hotel is unavailable. I’ll make a back up reservation elsewhere with Hilton.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Bradleynantwich
I booked 2 rooms (one under my name and the other under my wife's) for the property from Dec 25 for four nights with points. We were both offered 20k points and guaranteed to relocate to Andaz.
I wanted to relocate to one of SLHs and rebooked 2 rooms and paid the point differences.
Did they also book you at the Andaz at no cost to you on top of the 20k comp?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Email from the hotel on Friday 6th January suggests that the indicative opening date for the Hyatt Blackfriars is now 1st March.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT ELT, ex Hyatt Diamond, Ex DL RM, Ex UA 1K
I tried to do booking for one day and multiple days all during March 2023, still wont allow. All were cash, no codes or discount. Typical Hyatt
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Hotel reached out and moved me to GSY on their dime and refunded my points. Very kind of them. I had the option of the andaz or Churchill but wanted to try something else.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:31 pm

Hotel reached out and moved me to GSY on their dime and refunded my points. Very kind of them. I had the option of the andaz or Churchill but wanted to try something else.
TravisMT81 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Can't seem to book in April, either
Old Feb 11, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by lalala
I had a similar experience, but opted for the Churchill since I have not experienced their renovation. Sadly, I was not too surprised when I checked in today and they had no idea what I was talking about when I referenced Hyatt Blackfriars covering the tab, nor did the reservation (which the Blackfriars folks made for me) account for it.

Anticipating the likelihood of this happening, I gave the front desk supervisor a printout of the email I had received specifying these terms. He said he was sure everything would be fine and he would look into it.

Assuming that's the end of it, not a big deal all in all. But I would still expect Blackfriars to have handled this more smoothly given that they no doubt walked quite a few people under similar terms.

UPDATE 2-15-23
That was indeed the end of it as the Churchill staff did the outreach and apparently got what they needed in order to confirm billing to Blackfriar.
katstarr likes this.

Last edited by IndyJeffrey; Feb 14, 2023 at 11:51 pm
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey
I had a similar experience, but opted for the Churchill since I have not experienced their renovation. Sadly, I was not too surprised when I checked in today and they had no idea what I was talking about when I referenced Hyatt Blackfriars covering the tab, nor did the reservation (which the Blackfriars folks made for me) account for it.

Anticipating the likelihood of this happening, I gave the front desk supervisor a printout of the email I had received specifying these terms. He said he was sure everything would be fine and he would look into it.

Assuming that's the end of it, not a big deal all in all. But I would still expect Blackfriars to have handled this more smoothly given that they no doubt walked quite a few people under similar terms.
I’m sorry this happened. I’ll print out my emails as well.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT ELT, ex Hyatt Diamond, Ex DL RM, Ex UA 1K
I keep trying to book for cash in Feb, March and April, always says opening soon, yet the Hyatt landing page tells me I can earn 500 extra points for staying here till April 30, well that's a good chuckle since it cant be booked. Another Hyatt flop. I asked by Hyatt Concierge and they told me they have no info. The news just gets better and better, offer points for a hotel that cant be booked, no-one at Hyatt knows when it will open, its the trifecta of bad IT, poor info and a misleading promotion. A pox on Hyatts House (not the Hyatt House chain tho). At least the park Hyatt landing page now says opening q1 2024, but who know how accurate that is!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
It appears they had some major issues with this property. I wonder if it will open in 2023 or for some reason they are not finishing whatever work needs to be done.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:03 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by robertw477
It appears they had some major issues with this property. I wonder if it will open in 2023 or for some reason they are not finishing whatever work needs to be done.

TripAdvisor showed availability for January 2024.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm sure it will be a fine addition to the London portfolio when it eventually opens. The drama around delaying the opening is riveting.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I just queried with HR Blackfriars, and got this response -- sharing only what is relevant.
*"Unfortunately, we've had some delays as we are ensuring the hotel is up to Hyatt standard, therefore we are unable to confirm our availability on the requested date."
*"We do hope to open soon, but again are unable to confirm any dates at the current time."

I am keen for HR Blackfriars given the mixed reviews of the ex-CP near Vauxhall
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: united, american
My Black Friars reservation is for May 5 and 6 (unfortunately, ends up being the Fri and Sat of the Kings Coronation). Last week on Friday, I got an email saying they wouldnt be open, and offering to move me to GSY or Andaz. The very next day, I get an email saying they WOULD be open, despite the hotel not being bookable on the Hyatt website until July 1. On Monday, I emailed the Hyatt concierge, who responded there is no guaranteed opening date. I emailed my desire to move to GSY (but a few days later so Im not in the middle of the Coronation street closings and such), and that Id also like the 20,000 points offered earlier to others for the service interruption, especially given the increased pressure on the tourism sector due to the coronation, and requesting prompt resolution/clarification due to needing to rebook other hotels/tours. It has been basically 3 business days and I've yet to hear a peep. Very disappointing. Poor communication all the way around. I also mentioned I would not typically stay in a hotel until it had been open long enough to work out service (6 months).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.