Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2023, 1:25 pm

Hi all - any update here? We booked a few nights at this property in July and wondering if we have any clarity whether it will be open.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Commomc20
Hi all - any update here? We booked a few nights at this property in July and wondering if we have any clarity whether it will be open.
Earliest booking date on the hyatt website seems to be the 1st of July 2023....not that that guarantees anything.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:50 am

Availabilities seem to have “advanced” starting June 1st. *Actual* room photos (not renderings) are live on Hyatt’s website, seems much livelier than your run-of-the-mill Regency but quite different from renderings. Curious if the Regency Club could make it in time in June as Club rooms aren’t bookable.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/en...photos-reviews
Charlie9 likes this.

Last edited by tailorgiven; May 4, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Old May 4, 2023, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by tailorgiven
Availabilities seem to have “advanced” starting June 1st. Room photos are live on Hyatt’s website, seems much livelier than your run-of-the-mill Regency but quite different from renderings. Curious if the Regency Club could make it in time in June as Club rooms aren’t bookable.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/en...photos-reviews
Aren't these the same room photos that have been online for months, or are they different now?

Looks like my stay will be in tact if they're moving up the opening to 1 June.
Old May 4, 2023, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Aren't these the same room photos that have been online for months, or are they different now?

Looks like my stay will be in tact if they're moving up the opening to 1 June.
The actual room photos are only live for a week or two, the room photos were previously renders

Were these online for long?

Last edited by tailorgiven; May 4, 2023 at 1:25 pm
Old May 4, 2023, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by tailorgiven
The actual room photos are only live for a week or two, the room photos were previously renders

Were these online for long?
I think at least a month if not longer.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:18 pm

I think at least a month if not longer.
Last time I checked was earlier in April, they weren’t there, probably closer to a month now

Aren't these the same room photos that have been online for months
Definitely not for *months*
Old May 15, 2023, 8:06 am

Greetings from Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars, we hope this email finds you well. Please be kindly informed that we are currently continuing the enhancement of the Hotel and our guest's future experience. There may be limited visual and noise disturbance from June 2023 to August 2023. Work will take place from 9AM to 6PM from Monday to Friday and in limited hours over weekends. We have one restaurant and one bar available whilst our second restaurant remains temporary closed. Please be assured that our team will do their utmost best to minimize the possible inconvenience caused to you. Please, do reach out to us should you feel uncomfortable with the situation and wish to cancel your reservation free of charge including pre-paid reservations. Once again thank you in advance for your kind understanding and continued support.
Old May 25, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Staying here on the opening day, will report back
saaveraward likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Staying here on the opening day, will report back
I will be there as well!
Old May 26, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Full report at 11
luvFclass, saaveraward and llb09 like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Full report at 11
11:01 and I'm going to be nervous 😁
Old May 27, 2023, 6:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The rates are looking a bit punchy for the location for me so far. I'm keen to try, but I would expect a bit of a discount for being in Blackfriars vs. somewhere more desirable. The suites also don't look particularly inspiring, but let's see.
Old May 30, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Just finished a one night stay, the GM seems to be a very nice person; he greeted me at check in himself and we had a good chat.
The property is gut renovated and has 200 something rooms.
I was upgraded to a high street suite on the first floor, but honestly it was not really a suite but a bigger sized king room.
The breakfast is buffet but you can order an item from the menu for 7 pounds (even if Globalist)
The club lounge wasn’t open but there’s “canapes” hour from 5pm to 7pm where you can basically get wine or hard liquor (no cocktails), and savory and sweet pastries/sandwiches if you’re a Globalist or staying at a Club room (basically afternoon tea)
Gym is fine, basic equipment; dumbells, two benches, 3 machines, 1 rowing machine and 3 treadmills
My least favorite thing was the room decor, which wasn’t bad at all - I just don’t love the HR dark furniture.

So everything else has been amazing
The staff is very friendly and excited about the property. I wish them all the best, I’d go back if the rate makes sense.
kaiotes likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 3:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I think that makes it the only Hyatt in Europe to charge Globalists for breakfast items. Cheap-..., especially at their rates. Certainly out of line with the other two Hyatt Regencies in London.

Combine that with it not being a real suite when I get a proper suite on 90% of my stays, and I may not even bother to give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.