Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 2:18 pm

Like the previous poster, the pre-arrival survery was ignored.

I was allocated 1 of 4 rooms that does not remotely match the online hard product description of a King Room and they're fully booked, so have to move the next day. It's one of the nicer uni dorm rooms/hostels I've ever stayed in.

If you're ever given a connecting room, go down to reception straight away and ask to be moved.

Only 4 floors are open for occupancy.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 6, 2023 at 4:27 pm
Old Jul 7, 2023, 4:53 am

Now that's sorted, avoid an 07 and 08 room at all costs
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Not so great experience so far. No early checkin despite requesting it. And no hot water on day 2. Gym is much worse than Andaz.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by festoni
Not so great experience so far. No early checkin despite requesting it. And no hot water on day 2. Gym is much worse than Andaz.
housekeeping has also been "overwhelmed" and did not service rooms until after 6 pm yesterday.

And there's a "weekly" fire test today.

Looks like Festoni and I can handle live time play-by-play haha.

They have some bumps to work out for sure, but if they overcome those, it may be a solid choice .

Last edited by saaveraward; Jul 10, 2023 at 5:44 am
Old Jul 10, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
This hotel did not have all these problems when it was still a Crowne Plaza.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
£390 is too much for the Andaz. I’ve not seen the HR Blackfriars for below £300, so you should definitely check it out and let us know if it’s worth it.
What's an acceptable rate at the Andaz for you? I'm seeing £283 for the Andaz and £325 for the HR Blackfriars. It's tempting to give the Andaz a try, but I don't know if that is a good "low" rate.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:49 am

2 weeks later hotel hasn't changed room descriptions. I guess sales and marketing doesn't care about what it tells paying guests
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lsquare
What's an acceptable rate at the Andaz for you? I'm seeing £283 for the Andaz and £325 for the HR Blackfriars. It's tempting to give the Andaz a try, but I don't know if that is a good "low" rate.
£280 feels pretty typical for the last few months. I usually pay £230-300 at the Andaz. Sometimes a touch more, but when it’s that high there often aren’t good value options elsewhere.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
2 weeks later hotel hasn't changed room descriptions. I guess sales and marketing doesn't care about what it tells paying guests
Update from the hotel. They will update the website to clarify the room descriptions which should solve the problem.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
I was supposed to stay there In December of 2022 and the hotel was not ready toa ccept guests even though it had been openm to book previously. It seems they had alot of trouble with the opening of this hotel and its operations.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium; Hyatt - Globalist; United - 1K
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn

We experienced some noise issues from a neighbouring room. The noise seems to be coming from the central vent . The first night I didn’t bother calling the front desk and tried to sleep through it but the second night it was super loud and I called security and they sent someone up in less than 5 mins to tell the room next door to quiet down.
Glad to know we weren't the only ones experiencing this...It was probably the biggest complaint that we had during our stay in late June.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Gym is much worse than Andaz.
In my experience, this will be true for almost every other Hyatt property in London.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:16 pm

Had a very good stay in mid July. We had 2 rooms for 5 days and did not experience any real issues. There was a drain issue that impacted the room below us, but was coming from our drain apparently. It wasn't any inconvenience to us. Front desk staff was excellent. It isn't a big hotel, especially with only a few floors open, so you see the same folks a lot. They were kind, thoughtful helpful, and accommodating when possible They were very helpful with restaurant recommendations and transportation as well as finding a laundry service and other minor items. I lost my globalist status and the breakfast seemed rather pricey for what we needed so we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel. The lobby bar was pretty quiet during the day and I was able to do some work there when needed and grab a quick drink in the afternoon/evening. one or 2 of the restaurants weren't open yet, but the Chinese Cricket Club ("CCC") restaurant was open. Looked fine, didn't try it. Didn't check out the gym. The location was worked out well for us. I haven't spent a lot of time in London, so a different location might have been more convenient, but it worked well having Blackfriars station across the street. Was easy to get to Heathrow from Blackfriars even with luggage. Its a short walk to lots of things. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I was supposed to stay here 8/24 through 8/28. Received a message on 8/23 saying that HR Blackfriars lost its water supply (??); sounds like they had to evacuate the entire hotel and relocate everyone elsewhere. HR Blackfriars sent me over to the Andaz, under a booking that had me in a King room one night and a Queen room for three nights. Can't really complain; the water supply thing is something totally out of the hotel's control, so I felt bad for everyone involved, for both hotels.

Andaz took really good care of me. Front desk managed to merge the reservations and keep me in the King room for the whole stay, so I wouldn't have to check in and out. Really felt like they went above and beyond despite the fact that I wasn't one of "theirs" to begin with.

(Also, I don't have much status - just Explorist. This was a points + cash trip.)
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by akhoya87
I was supposed to stay here 8/24 through 8/28. Received a message on 8/23 saying that HR Blackfriars lost its water supply (??); sounds like they had to evacuate the entire hotel and relocate everyone elsewhere. HR Blackfriars sent me over to the Andaz, under a booking that had me in a King room one night and a Queen room for three nights. Can't really complain; the water supply thing is something totally out of the hotel's control, so I felt bad for everyone involved, for both hotels.

Andaz took really good care of me. Front desk managed to merge the reservations and keep me in the King room for the whole stay, so I wouldn't have to check in and out. Really felt like they went above and beyond despite the fact that I wasn't one of "theirs" to begin with.

(Also, I don't have much status - just Explorist. This was a points + cash trip.)
Is this hotel shut down until the water supply issue is resolved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.