Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2023, 3:17 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
Will be in London for 6 days in July and its my first time in London - have the Andaz booked for 390 pounds per night, but also have Blackfriars booked for 265 pounds per night

No status with Hyatt

Any suggestions which hotel I should stay at?
Blackfriars, so you can give us more data points.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 2:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Will be in London for 6 days in July and its my first time in London - have the Andaz booked for 390 pounds per night, but also have Blackfriars booked for 265 pounds per night

No status with Hyatt

£390 is too much for the Andaz. I’ve not seen the HR Blackfriars for below £300, so you should definitely check it out and let us know if it’s worth it.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 4:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I had stayed at this place when it was a Crowne Plaza years ago, that too on a weekend at a cheap rate. They had treated me well and better than required in the IHG’s program terms for my status at the time. The hotel’s location doesn’t work all that well for me, and I’m not sure it’s being a Hyatt is going to get me to use it more often than the alternatives that work better for me in terms of location.

Someone needs to tell Apple that Apple Maps has this HR listed as permanently closed.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

No status with Hyatt

I stayed at the HR last week and confirm that Andaz is not worth the extra money. 265 pounds is an excellent rate that we will
likely never see again.

The HR is brand new, service very nice, location is central for sightseeing. Excellent buffet breakfast. I’d recommend.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 3:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by llb09
I stayed at the HR last week and confirm that Andaz is not worth the extra money. 265 pounds is an excellent rate that we will
likely never see again.
I'm in a large Suite at the Andaz right now which I paid £260 for (Globalist upgrade), so I wouldn't say we'll only see >£300 rates from now on. I expect once summer passes and US travellers dry up that rates will become a bit less crazy again.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:29 am

For those who have stayed, how was construction?

Meanwhile, I got a very unsatisfactory e-mail from the front office.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by saaveraward
For those who have stayed, how was construction?

Meanwhile, I got a very unsatisfactory e-mail from the front office.
There was no construction when I stayed at the opening day
saaveraward likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 4:45 pm

In a separate e-mail from the hotel:

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Blackfriars!

In recognition of your Globalist status and prolonged loyalty with Hyatt, we wanted to reach out prior to your arrival to request a few additional details in regards to your reservation with us

Not a Globalist. Whoops.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 7:42 am
soy

Programs: various
We are starting to see reports back from the early visitors, here are 2 from this week
https://monkeymiles.boardingarea.com/review-hyatt-regency-blackfriars/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=BoardingArea
https://grabamile.boardingarea.com/2023/06/review-the-brand-new-hyatt-regency-london-blackfriars/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=BoardingArea

looks promising

Last edited by soy; Jun 14, 2023 at 7:48 am
Old Jun 25, 2023, 5:58 pm

Just checked in today for a 6 night stay - after one of my worst flight experiences flight to London on Westjet I was really wanting an early check-in so whatsapped the hotel from the airport and they were able to have my room that I was assigned cleaned on a priority basis so that it was an early checkin Wonderful start to the trip.

If anyone has any specific questions about this hotel let me know and I can try to answer them or try to find out while I'm here.
luvFclass and MasterPlanner like this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 1:48 am

Stay so far

Experienced pretty good service levels so far from all our staff encounters so far.

Love the location of the hotel, getting off the tube at blackfriars we were able to make it to our room in less than 4 minutes.

The standard king room is a bit small and pretty basic but well laid out. The only miss is a lack of a desk/work station.

We experienced some noise issues from a neighbouring room. The noise seems to be coming from the central vent . The first night I didn’t bother calling the front desk and tried to sleep through it but the second night it was super loud and I called security and they sent someone up in less than 5 mins to tell the room next door to quiet down.

there is also currently construction noise nearby (jack hammering) that starts around 830 am
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:45 am

Experienced pretty good service levels so far from all our staff encounters so far.

Love the location of the hotel, getting off the tube at blackfriars we were able to make it to our room in less than 4 minutes.

The standard king room is a bit small and pretty basic but well laid out. The only miss is a lack of a desk/work station.

We experienced some noise issues from a neighbouring room. The noise seems to be coming from the central vent . The first night I didn’t bother calling the front desk and tried to sleep through it but the second night it was super loud and I called security and they sent someone up in less than 5 mins to tell the room next door to quiet down.

there is also currently construction noise nearby (jack hammering) that starts around 830 am
How bad is that jackhammering and does it go all day?

I saw a big project across the street but don't know if that's the cause.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:09 pm

I didn't stay in my room all day, the jack hammering seem to stop entirely the last couple days were were there.

Originally Posted by saaveraward
How bad is that jackhammering and does it go all day?

I saw a big project across the street but don't know if that's the cause.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'll be staying for two weeks starting this weekend. I'll try and update this thread with my thoughts, though my only comparison in London is the Liverpool Andaz.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: DL, US
Just recently stayed here from July 1-5. I used an SUA and was upgraded to their "suite" which is more like a junior suite. I had windows on both sides of the room which overlooked the office next door and the construction on the front. While staying there, I did not encounter any construction noises. Breakfast was decent but notably had fresh squeezed orange juice. Everything else was just okay. They sent me an email with a form to complete regarding my stay and completely disregarded it so I would ignore the welcome email. I arrived at 2pm and my room was not ready until around 220pm.

Location was excellent with the tube and train station across the street. I left the hotel at 645am yesterday and arrived at LHR in less than hour by public transpiration.

The desk in my room was quite flimsy and rocked back and forth like cheap IKEA furniture. The AC was cold and the water pressure was pretty good in the fully enclosed shower.

Last edited by dknn; Jul 6, 2023 at 5:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.