FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:29 pm
dbfact

Programs: united, american
My Black Friars reservation is for May 5 and 6 (unfortunately, ends up being the Fri and Sat of the Kings Coronation). Last week on Friday, I got an email saying they wouldnt be open, and offering to move me to GSY or Andaz. The very next day, I get an email saying they WOULD be open, despite the hotel not being bookable on the Hyatt website until July 1. On Monday, I emailed the Hyatt concierge, who responded there is no guaranteed opening date. I emailed my desire to move to GSY (but a few days later so Im not in the middle of the Coronation street closings and such), and that Id also like the 20,000 points offered earlier to others for the service interruption, especially given the increased pressure on the tourism sector due to the coronation, and requesting prompt resolution/clarification due to needing to rebook other hotels/tours. It has been basically 3 business days and I've yet to hear a peep. Very disappointing. Poor communication all the way around. I also mentioned I would not typically stay in a hotel until it had been open long enough to work out service (6 months).