Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DELee
If you don't charge to the room and simply plunk down your WoH Card to pay for dinner, how does the hotel know? Are servers required to search the current guest database before entering the person's WoH identifier? Is Hyatt watching what charging is going onto a WoH member's card?

David
It should work. Anyone tried this yet? I am curious if it will work if you just pay with WOH CC and provide your WOH number.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:26 am

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but the way I read the T&Cs, it seems to apply to any dining spend which you pay directly at the restaurant, regardless of whether you're staying at the hotel.

Kinda makes sense because there will be times when you can't charge the dining bill to the room even when you're staying at the hotel (for example, when you need to use a corporate credit card to settle a dining bill), and there will be no way to earn points in that scenario.

Refs:
Promo T&Cs - https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ine-local.html
WoH T&Cs - https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...-terms.html#IA
Old May 10, 2021, 10:19 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

We dined at the new Ember and Rye at Park Hyatt Aviara last night. I looked at the app on my phone an hour or so later and found that the points had already posted. As a points junky, I find this highly satisfying. My credit card statement closed on Friday. I'm curious to see how the restaurant bonus plays out (5x points on all restaurants for 3 months) but it has yet to post.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We dined at the new Ember and Rye at Park Hyatt Aviara last night. I looked at the app on my phone an hour or so later and found that the points had already posted. As a points junky, I find this highly satisfying. My credit card statement closed on Friday. I'm curious to see how the restaurant bonus plays out (5x points on all restaurants for 3 months) but it has yet to post.
Is the 5X points on all restaurants promotion for all WOH CC? I do not have that on my card, only got the regular 2X points on my recent restaurant charges.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CIT85
Is the 5X points on all restaurants promotion for all WOH CC? I do not have that on my card, only got the regular 2X points on my recent restaurant charges.
It's targeted. You must enroll to activate it.

Chase WoH 5k pts or 5X Offer Apr1-June30 2021 (targeted)
Old May 10, 2021, 10:47 am

It's targeted. You must enroll to activate it.

Chase WoH 5k pts or 5X Offer Apr1-June30 2021 (targeted)
Thanks, now I remember. I was not able to sign up for any of the 3 promotions.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:23 pm

Curious if you have a preference between Ember and Rye or Vaga. Will have one dinner around that area. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2021, 12:33 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the link. I actually got 10X bonus points even though it said 3x so am puzzled. Overall, I got 16x points for the spend.

Yes, we ate at Vaga. It opened to the public on May 5. Eat on the balcony if you go to fully enjoy the coastal view. It is stunning. I have been following the restaurant and the chef on IG so was really looking forward to it. My husband and I agreed we have other excellent local restaurants that we prefer.
Curious which restaurants you would recommend.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
FYI - dined at Blue Duck Tavern at PH DC tonight - when the waiter brought the check, I pulled out my WOH CC and asked if he knew how to add my Hyatt number. "Of course," he said, and indeed the number was on the receipt. Very nice little rebate, and more importantly, the food & service were excellent. The 15 points per dollar posted an hour or so after we left, consistent with SanDiego1K's experience.
Old May 28, 2021, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kirk T
Curious if you have a preference between Ember and Rye or Vaga.
Ember and Rye has a significantly more extensive menu. Both have beautiful views, Ember and Rye over the golf course and Vaga of the ocean. You pay $14 to park at Vaga. Self parking is free at Ember and Rye or valet is $5.
Old May 30, 2021, 4:37 pm

Just finished a stay at the PH Aviara, and confirmed you can get the 15x points bonus structure as long as you don't charge it to your room folio. Ate at Ember & Rye last night, paid for with my CC -- and the 3x F&B points showed up this morning. Waiting on my room folio points to show up, but don't imagine there should be any issues with that.

Wish I had known all this earlier. Easily had over 1K in meal spend in Maui recently -- that would've netted me an extra 10K points over what I actually received having charged my meals it to the hotel room.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
The 15 points per dollar posted an hour or so after we left, consistent with SanDiego1K's experience.
Just a follow up on this, the points actually posted only for food and not for alcohol. There wasn't much alcohol spend so I won't bother following up on it. (And the T&C's say "Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions" -- no idea whether that is the reason I didn't get credit though.)

Also, for some reason, I wasn't expecting to get the 30% globalist bonus, but I did, so that was nice (so I ended up getting 16.5 WOH per $ on the pre-tax food spend, plus 1 AA mile per $ on that $ amount through the crossover program, plus 4 WOH per $ on the whole bill for paying with the WOH card).
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I did a non-stay trip over to McCoy's at the HR OIA...I had to pick a friend up at the airport and there was a bit of uncertainty as to how long it would take for them to get off the plane, so I stepped in for a bite.

The points have posted in good order, 30% Globalist bonus and all.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Ember and Rye has a significantly more extensive menu. Both have beautiful views, Ember and Rye over the golf course and Vaga of the ocean. You pay $14 to park at Vaga. Self parking is free at Ember and Rye or valet is $5.
Did Ember and Rye replace the Italian place inside the hotel or the steak place down closer to the lagoon? I currently can’t remember the names of either. Oh, Vivace was inside. Still can’t remember the steak place.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by buzglyd
Did Ember and Rye replace the Italian place inside the hotel or the steak place down closer to the lagoon? I currently can’t remember the names of either. Oh, Vivace was inside. Still can’t remember the steak place.
It replaced Argyle - the steakhouse. Curiously enough, the F&B points show up as 'Argyle' in the points activity history ( At least on website -- the same points show up as PH Aviara in mobile app)
SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.