Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Am I the only one who reads it as if they interpret this by calendar year (as per usual with status nights)!?
I was wondering where the doubling was... and thought it was weird to half it and then half it again.

but looking at the FAQ #4, it sounds like it’ll double during January and February. However, looking at #23, it may not. I think someone At Hyatt just Control Found the dates and changed the dates to February 28. I’m also thinking the FAQ will change slightly in the future.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by khabah
I don’t know why Hyatt’s promo/s have caused so much confusion. Hilton, for instance, was straightforward when they said nights counts double this year and all rollover for next year. Simple. But with Hyatt’s one night in 2020 = one night in 2021, 30 nights for Globalist in 2021 and now stuff I’m reading about 15 nights by the end of February 2021 to get Globalist has my head spinning.

Can anyone explain, in delightfully simple terms, how 15 nights for any newbie can get them Globalist by February 2021? I’m not trying to be dense, just - confused. And before any posters here fret about more nasty bottom-feeders clawing at the golden Globalist egg, I’m an Explorist with one night during the promo period looking for a chance to taste Hyatt’s best.

Thanks in advance!

khabah
What's confusing about it? Before the promo was extended, it would have ended 1/4. So if you have a stay with check out date before 1/1, you would earn 1 eqn for each night in 2020 and 1 eqn for each night in 2021 . However if your stay crosses into 2021 (start in 2020 and ends between 1/1-4) then all your nights count twice in 2021 and none in 2020. Example: 12/5-1/4 stay would earn 30x2 nights in 2021 and 0 in 2020, 12/5-12/31 stay would earn 26 nights in 2020 and 26 nights in 2021

Now if the extension is confirmed and the new end date is 2/28/2021, any stay with a check out date of 2/28 and before would earn 2x eqns for 2021. Example: 12/31-1/30 stay would earn 30x2 nights in 2021 and 0 in 2020.

Since globalist only requires 30 nights, do your maths to figure how many nights do you need to get there
craigthemif likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
What's confusing about it? Before the promo was extended, it would have ended 1/4. So if you have a stay with check out date before 1/1, you would earn 1 eqn for each night in 2020 and 1 eqn for each night in 2021 . However if your stay crosses into 2021 (start in 2020 and ends between 1/1-4) then all your nights count twice in 2021 and none in 2020. Example: 12/5-1/4 stay would earn 30x2 nights in 2021 and 0 in 2020, 12/5-12/31 stay would earn 26 nights in 2020 and 26 nights in 2021

Now if the extension is confirmed and the new end date is 2/28/2021, any stay with a check out date of 2/28 and before would earn 2x eqns for 2021. Example: 12/31-1/30 stay would earn 30x2 nights in 2021 and 0 in 2020.

Since globalist only requires 30 nights, do your maths to figure how many nights do you need to get there
The main incentive to stay longer (30x2 = 60 Nights) would be the Milestones and the crazy good promo Bonuses. Don’t forget those
Pocatello likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Can anyone explain, in delightfully simple terms, how 15 nights for any newbie can get them Globalist by February 2021? I’m not trying to be dense, just - confused. And before any posters here fret about more nasty bottom-feeders clawing at the golden Globalist egg, I’m an Explorist with one night during the promo period looking for a chance to taste Hyatt’s best.
The "Bonus Journeys" promo, which has now been extended through February 28, 2021 gives double elite nights credit for 2021. So if you stay 15 nights between now and February 28, you will get credit for 30 nights. And thus qualify for Globalist.
yule_boy likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
ICan anyone explain, in delightfully simple terms, how 15 nights for any newbie can get them Globalist by February 2021? I’m not trying to be dense, just - confused. And before any posters here fret about more nasty bottom-feeders clawing at the golden Globalist egg, I’m an Explorist with one night during the promo period looking for a chance to taste Hyatt’s best.
From the FAQ #22: https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
22. If I participate in Bonus Journeys and I have the World of Hyatt Credit Card will I be able to earn tier status with even fewer nights stayed in 2021?
Yes, for example, if you are registered for Bonus Journeys and stay 13 qualifying nights between January and February 28, 2021 (checking out on or before February 28, 2021), you will earn 13 Tier-Qualifying Nights for your stay and 13 Tier-Qualifying bonus nights for a total of 26 Tier-Qualifying Nights. These 26 Tier-Qualifying Nights plus the 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights you receive annually for having an open World of Hyatt credit card (for a total of 31 Tier-Qualifying Nights) would qualify you for Globalist status in 2021, which is valid through February 28, 2023.

So, 13 nights during the promo (13 normal nights + 13 bonus night credits) + 5 nights from the CC = 31 nights.
Globalist (NOT concierge, TSU, Cat 7 cert) only requires 30 nights for 2021.

So any 13 nights of Hyatt hotels checking out from 1/1/2021 to 2/28/2021 will give you Globalist status through 2/28/2023.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
From the FAQ #22: https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
22. If I participate in Bonus Journeys and I have the World of Hyatt Credit Card will I be able to earn tier status with even fewer nights stayed in 2021?
Yes, for example, if you are registered for Bonus Journeys and stay 13 qualifying nights between January and February 28, 2021 (checking out on or before February 28, 2021), you will earn 13 Tier-Qualifying Nights for your stay and 13 Tier-Qualifying bonus nights for a total of 26 Tier-Qualifying Nights. These 26 Tier-Qualifying Nights plus the 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights you receive annually for having an open World of Hyatt credit card (for a total of 31 Tier-Qualifying Nights) would qualify you for Globalist status in 2021, which is valid through February 28, 2023.

So, 13 nights during the promo (13 normal nights + 13 bonus night credits) + 5 nights from the CC = 31 nights.
Globalist (NOT concierge, TSU, Cat 7 cert) only requires 30 nights for 2021.

So any 13 nights of Hyatt hotels checking out from 1/1/2021 to 2/28/2021 will give you Globalist status through 2/28/2023.

ah... this faq is more clear than the bonus journey faq... there you go... no need for cross year stay 😂... have all of Jan and February to do it.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Given this proviso from the current Bonus Journeys promotion:

Tier-Qualifying Nights on stays completed during the Promotion Period will also count as bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2021. Bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits do not qualify for fast-track, quick qualify, or other elite tier qualification offers.

Does this mean that any bonus nights received from the promotion that roll into 2021 don't count towards status in 2021?

khabah

EDIT: Whoops. Literally missed this part in the main headline:

"All nights count twice for everyone - once when they're earned and again in 2021 toward elite status and Milestone Rewards"

So basically, stay 15 nights before promo end on 1/28/2021 and that's 30 nights?
Doesn't the new promo go through February 28th, not the end of January?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't the new promo go through February 28th, not the end of January?
Yes, my apologies - I've clearly had enough excitement this evening that even my typing prowess seems to have been affected.

Thanks to everyone for the clarifications. In a nutshell and for example:

- Stay 10 nights between October 1st and December 31st, 2020, and you get 10 nights this year and ten qualifying nights next year
- Stay 10 nights between January 1st and February 28th, 2021, and you get 20 nights as they fall under the Bonus Journeys promo

...and you have thirty nights, good for Globalist through to February 28th, 2023.

Finally. Thanks again.

khabah
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Based on what data? Us few "freaks" here on FT?

30 nights are still a lot of nights for a year where most travel will be in the toilet and I'm expecting 2021 to be just that. Talked to a bunch of hotel GM/SM these last few months and none of them expects good business in 2021.
Factor in the nights for credit card spend and you have a very easy path to globe. A mix between spend and stay can put just about anyone to globe with little effort. Just my 2c.

As it stands, WoH is still by far the best chain out there and will continue to receive my loyalty when feasible.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Nuts, I will have globalist by January 5th for next year!

I expect the beginning of the year will be slow for me, but if vaccines are rolling out at a good pace through next spring, I am going to have a heavy travel season in the summer and fall (for both personal, and work reasons). Hopefully I can get some good points bonuses along the way then still.

Overall though, I am not worried about diluting the globalist pool by making it too easy to qualify. At check-in upgrades have always been pretty good for me, and it is something I never come to expect as a right. TSUs, which I do care about, are still going to be going to be easy to use and rare out there. And the other benefits (pts bonus, free breakfast, etc) aren't limited pie things.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether anyone here without lifetime status has already (re)qualified for Glob for 2022? Thirty nights rollover is certainly possible at this point.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I wasn't planning on any status as I have no reason to stay at full service Hyatts any more. But I have a 2 night December HP stay because it's cheap, and I will move a 3 night January stay to a HP as well. So that will get me 8 status nights. I can probably knock out two more nights in February if I go away to play golf, so that gets me to 12 status nights.

If the vaccine is successful and business travel restarts that positions me to knock out the final 18 in the second half of the year if I see a benefit. Or just 3 more for mid tier.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Saw the blogs take on all this early this morning Gary/Lucky etc
My how the mighty requirements have fallen

IMHO diluting elite status requirements is a double edged sword.
I understand hotel companies are wrestling with bringing in the whatever they can to drum up as much business as possible during these challenging times
Having said that "When everyone is elite no one is Elite" to some extent.
We have seen shades of this with Hilton and Marriott with excessive dilution over the years though their are certainly the exception properties with every hotel group
Anyone remember what being a Gold Hilton H member was in 1999? Today a giant meh
It was a true elite experience back when with premium offerings even in an airport hotel.
Outstanding fruit platters glass bottled Perrier buffets etc
Just a cut below some of the best international standards.Today HH Diamond isn't much to write home about and breakfasts are a weak spot domestically
Hotels put pressure on the programs to cut costs and you start seeing the plastic wrapped muffin and yogurt as breakfast and little reason to stay elite at all

Thankfully I've seen some Hyatt's do a great job even during a pandemic and others that drop the ball.like every chain.
Excessive dollar amount limits or sorry no toast or potatoes with that or other such example
As for upgrades when it does get saturated be prepared for the statements from hotels such as "Sorry there are just to many of you Globalists
I am very familiar with that from my SPG Platinum days
.As a lifer with Hyatt I am fortunate that my decades of loyalty has built some relationships with Hyatt properties worldwide
and a number of the hotels have been very generous to me
Believe when its too easy in the end it fails many.
Certainly for the next 6 months no worries occupancy has typically been hitting the skids perhaps worse than 9-11
gadberry likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether anyone here without lifetime status has already (re)qualified for Glob for 2022? Thirty nights rollover is certainly possible at this point.
Me!
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:42 pm

So under the updated promotion, all bonus nights will be awarded in mid March, even the ones earned in Q4-2020...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.