Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Valet parking only - $47 for overnight parking
2 bottles of water daily, provided by front desk upon request
Hotel restaurant does not participate in World of Hyatt - not point earning restaurant.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
I would also add to that list of nearby eats:

Daily Harvest (breakfast): I skip the globalist breakfast to go to Daily Harvest every single chance that I have.

Grassa (Italian)

Toki (Korean)

Off topic: The Ritz just opened, so there is another new lodging option in Portland near the same area.
Your recommendations reminded me that I left out Tanaka on the same block as the Centric. Really unusual (to me) and delicious Japanese sandwiches and breads in nice, minimalistic surroundings.

I'm afraid at $500+/night for any night I can see on their calendar (or 70K+ Bonvoy Points) - it's gonna' be a while before I experience the new PDX Ritz.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by atourgates
Just completed a 4-night stay.

Short Version:

The Good/Excellent
  • Price as Points/and Cash (9k points is decent, and $90/night is an insanely good deal for this property)
  • Breakfast (Quite good, and a standout for the price)
  • Rooms (Spacious, comfortable and I like the aesthetic)
  • Location (Assuming you like downtown PDX, I do)
The Not Great
  • Lack of basic stuff in the rooms (No water glasses of any kind, no corkscrew)
  • Front desk service (Oh, you want a water glass? We don't really provide those, why don't you check at the bar and see if they'll give you one?)
  • Messing up confirmed Globalist room requests
  • Expensive ($50/night) Valet Parking (for non Globalists) and no EV Charging Option
  • Some street noise on lower floor rooms

Overall: At $90/night (like it was during our stay) this hotel is an insane deal and everyone should stay here. Even at a more normal $150-$200/night, it's still offering a very nice experience, especially for globalists with breakfast.
Your experience more or less tracks my experience a couple months ago (also for around $90/night for a four-night stay). Breakfast really was excellent and such a good value for Globalists, but I suspect the property may curtail that benefit in the coming months/years. I did also like their happy hour.

On the day of check-in, I asked for and was given a suite. I believe we were on the 8th floor, also on the streetcar side, and the noise was still pretty audible from there. Not a huge deal though. One thing that was a little annoying is that the suites seem to lack a proper desk (which I believe the standard room have), so not great for working. We ended up moving a lamp off of a side table and used that as a desk. Also didn't love the concrete floors—agree with jlflt385 that they could use a good mopping.

Funnily enough, we parked at the Southpark one night. It definitely seemed like the most secure option nearby and a decent price, and the guys who work there were all friendly and professional. But the walk back from the garage at night was a little sketchier than I would like, so after the first night, we opted to park on the street in front of the hotel (got lucky every night...could literally see our car from our room) and then moved to the Southpark in the morning.

I would advise against parking in the unattended (and unaffiliated) lot next door to the Southpark—saw someone get broken into there.

Would definitely not hesitate to stay here again in the future.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Have an event at Arlene Schnitzer Hall coming up, and a couple of Cat4 certs that are expiring in April, with limited opportunity to use them. So while I would usually choose the Duniway (Hilton), I am thinking of burning a cert or two at the Centric instead.

Looking at parking, it seems to have gone up again.

0-3 Hours $15
3-6 Hours $30
6+ Hours $52 / Night
Valet Late Checkout Fee $20
Whiskey Library (members only) $10 / Night

For $52 I hope they will actually wash and detail my car while it's there. Actually, since they don't offer EV charging anyway, I think we will bring the beater and park it in the public garage nearby (need to look at the previous posts in more detail).
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
The SmartPark 10th and Yamhill is 2 blocks away and I parked and L2 charged there overnight for a combined total of about $30 a month ago.

The HC Portland is a nice central hotel with amazing food options on the block, but the parking is a little crazy, particularly since they don't offer EV charging.

​​​​​​Parking at the HR Portland is $35 and they do include EV charging, for what it's worth.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:15 am

Had two night stay although not consecutive due to EY promo) First night I asked them for a suite upgrade but they told me it was on the lower floors so I passed got a room on the 13th floor w supposedly a view. It was pretty small to my disappointment. Breakfast was super busy Friday morning, many were on laptops. Food portions were big. But then I am from Cali, food does seem much cheaper in Portland. Came back on Saturday. They showed me the suite which was right across from the Sentinel hotel and the club. Said all their suites were in that area just some may be higher levels. The noise wasn't too crazy. Could hear something but not disturbed by it. My room was on the 3rd floor an accessible room. It was Huge! The studio just has an additional section w sofas (vs the standard rooms). They are very responsive w texts, huge +. Very friendly staff.

CoffeeTraveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.