Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Taipei (and Andaz Taipei)

Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.

I haven't seen this posted yet, but it's going to be announced that there will be 2 new Hyatt's opening in Taiwan...in a couple of years when the new Taipei Sky Tower opens in 2020. The location will be in the Xinyi District in the space currently occupied by A7.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Nice saw a kickoff for this in GHHK a week and a half or so ago. Was looking for more info.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: pleb
Interesting, 3 Hyatt properties all within a 5-10 minute walk.

Taipei?s Upcoming Lifestyle Landmark, Taipei Sky Tower Officially announces its collaboration with Park Hyatt and Andaz Hotel, Business News - AsiaOne

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/deve...ne-roof-taipei
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:26 pm

I go to Taipei every year so this is great news, I hope the plans carry out since hotel occupancy are near all time lows.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by fangtl
I go to Taipei every year so this is great news, I hope the plans carry out since hotel occupancy are near all time lows.
Not sure about overall, but Xinyi district is definitely geared towards business travelers, and last I heard the W and Le Meridien were around 80% occupancy which is very healthy. There are many times when it is difficult to find rooms, especially around trade shows. The Grand Hyatt is definitely getting a bit tired, and its great to see Hyatt introducing these new properties.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Good to see another luxury option being planned for Taipei. Honestly didn't think there was the market for it.

I do wish the location was closer to either the City Hall or 101 MRT stations, though.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Good to see another luxury option being planned for Taipei. Honestly didn't think there was the market for it.

I do wish the location was closer to either the City Hall or 101 MRT stations, though.
Not sure where they could place hotels closer to the City Hall or 101 stations. City Hall station is already surrounded by residential and shopping malls. 101 station is surrounded by the convention center, shopping malls, residential and a school.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nightkhan
Not sure where they could place hotels closer to the City Hall or 101 stations. City Hall station is already surrounded by residential and shopping malls. 101 station is surrounded by the convention center, shopping malls, residential and a school.
It was a general comment about the lack of access to an MRT station, not a specific criticism / armchair quarterbacking - especially as luxury hotels care least about public transportation access. But it's not as if the space where new towers like the Nanshan Plaza or Cathay Landmark were built were empty lots before construction, either.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm surprised they're putting two Hyatts in at the same time.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:29 am

This should be exciting. Taipei could use more options, and a really nice Park Hyatt and/or Andaz could be really appealing.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:23 pm

It was a general comment about the lack of access to an MRT station, not a specific criticism / armchair quarterbacking - especially as luxury hotels care least about public transportation access. But it's not as if the space where new towers like the Nanshan Plaza or Cathay Landmark were built were empty lots before construction, either.
Actually the GH Taipei is already really close to the 101 MRT station. It's just at the end of the block if you walk out the side entrance next to Taipei 101.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
While not having direct access to an MRT station, the location of this new tower will be a 5-minute walk from the 101 subway station. Actually, it's a more accessible location than the Le Meridien. The airport bus, which now stops right outside the GH, will also be close by.

Despite doing a renovation several years ago that was sorely needed, the GH does seem a little long in the tooth given that the structure was built nearly 30 years ago and certain design elements reflect the styles of that time.

From what I've heard, the W is still commanding quite a good room rate, but overall occupancy is somewhat softer than it used to be. This could be a reflection of a pullback in the number of tourists from the other side of the Taiwan Strait, although my understanding is that numbers in this regard were again on the upswing in the latter half of last year.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by nightkhan
Actually the GH Taipei is already really close to the 101 MRT station. It's just at the end of the block if you walk out the side entrance next to Taipei 101.
Not sure the relevance of this, especially as the GH Taipei isn't luxury (maybe it was in 1990?) and existed long before the MRT did. GH also has direct covered access via walkway to Taipei 101, but yes, it's faster to MRT walking outdoors past the WTC.

Originally Posted by jiaotze
From what I've heard, the W is still commanding quite a good room rate, but overall occupancy is somewhat softer than it used to be. This could be a reflection of a pullback in the number of tourists from the other side of the Taiwan Strait, although my understanding is that numbers in this regard were again on the upswing in the latter half of last year.
Not sure about adr/revpar, but occupancy at the W still seems high given how jam packed the place felt my last two trips. W is right on top of MRT City Hall which makes it incredibly convenient, but I don't consider it luxury either. Although amazingly, can now walk all the way from the W to Taipei 101 via covered walkways due to the new underground connection to the Breeze shopping center in the adjacent Cathay Landmark building.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:53 pm

Looks like the foundation at the Taipei Sky Tower site is finally complete and hopefully we'll see above-ground construction soon. As I posted in the GH thread, I think a topping-off before 2022 rolls around is still possible, but it seems incredibly unlikely the hotel could open by then.
hp12c likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:07 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Looks like the foundation at the Taipei Sky Tower site is finally complete and hopefully we'll see above-ground construction soon. As I posted in the GH thread, I think a topping-off before 2022 rolls around is still possible, but it seems incredibly unlikely the hotel could open by then.
wow, when I was there beginning of January it seemed as if no work was being done for the whole week I was there. Glad to hear that it’s back in action now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.