Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just got called as well with the EP offer.

Location - AUS
Hyatt Status - Globalist (75 nights)
Base Points: 85,822
AA Status - Gold
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
No call (yet). Called in and nothing on my account. I am Globalist with just at 70 nights. Been Globalist for going on 8 years. Plat Pro with AA this year. Lifetime Plat with AA. I have modest spend on AA so I would have a fighting chance at upgrades on some of my flights.

Although I am in D/FW - Suspect they will be favoring other areas with more competitive airports.

I did call but nothing on my account and they were not aware of any offers. Congrats to those who got it.
Does AA ever do anything special for DFW flyers? They have us and they know it.
Milesbuilder likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Wow. Flew 1 flight this year with AA, but also got the call today and offered AA EXP until January 2021.

Globalist with 84 nights and 0 AA status
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Called and apparently was on the list. Yay!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
got it too

Great called and got it--said I was on the list My data points

Hyatt 113 nights all credit card and award nights
base points 1765
0 AA status with 0 flights I have not flow American in years.
Location Den--so limited flights here.
Linked AA with Hyatt accounts in 2019 - Yes
Concierge Relationship - first time I have ever spoken to her--email her a fair amount.
Registered with the AA status challenge in 2019 - No

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Dec 9, 2019 at 2:21 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Did everyone who received this offer sign up for the Hyatt-->AA status challenge? I think I may have blown my chance by forgetting to sign up for the match (wouldn't have hit the miles anyway, but never hurts to enroll...)
UPDATE: Did not miss out

AA Plat Pro through targeted (non-Hyatt) AA status challenge at the beginning of the year. First year with status. Have since switched to DL.
Based in ATL (DCA for first half of the year)
First-year globalist
>100 nights
50k base points
Linked Hyatt & AA accounts
As noted above, I failed to register for the status challenge through Hyatt
Have emailed back and forth with my concierge a handful of times

Last edited by LowValueCustomer; Dec 9, 2019 at 2:26 pm Reason: concierge relationship
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I called and my concierge did not answer so I went to the general pool. They checked and said unfortunately my account was not flagged.
Big bummer too as I am a current Executive Platinum (after 5 years of Concierge Key) and this year have traveled every week but unfortunately short-haul business trips which were high dollar but low distance/segment and now may not even make Platinum Pro. This would have been a major saving grace to keep executive platinum.

So big bummer to not be on the list!!!!
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:43 pm

Guess I missed out, I spoke to my concierge and she said I wasn't targeted. Seems silly since I am United 1k and was seriously considering switching to AA next year. Their loss I suppose.

What is the status challenge? Is there one I can still sign up for?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UAflyer93
Called and was told that I was not targeted. I’ll finish the year with 50 nights and ~160k base points on Hyatt.

Currently EXP on AA, but will finish the year as Plat only. Perhaps that had to do with it. It’s annoying nonetheless.
I wonder if Hyatt was given people's current status (e.g. EXP in your case or mine) and then did not flag those people for the promotion since they assumed they already have it. Purely speculation but that ironically could have been the case.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by beofotch
I wonder if Hyatt was given people's current status (e.g. EXP in your case or mine) and then did not flag those people for the promotion since they assumed they already have it. Purely speculation but that ironically could have been the case.
Can confirm that Hyatt has our AA statuses due to a comment from the general globalist line when I called this weekend ("I can see that you're Plat Pro with AA, whatever that means..."). No idea whether they are targeting based on that -- or even whether it is Hyatt doing the targeting at all.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I called in and asked.

Anyways, I was extended the status.

My stats:
Based in a small market (obvious from profile). Only fly AA for the last few years based purely from a convenience perspective (other airlines require drives to farther out airports)
I am barely short of requalifying for Gold this year after being Plat Pro from a midyear 2018 non Hyatt related challenge. I do feel like I fly a lot for someone who doesn't fly for a living, but I find it impossible to rack up EQDs and EQMs since my flights are typically mid-continental in length and booked fairly well in advance.

With WOH, 72 nights this year, ~28k basepoints, about 20-25 nights related to the CC. Last year, had 100 nights, about 13 related to the CC.
Linked AA and WOH status the day the link went active while taxiing on an AA flight.

Haven't done a challenge with the WOH-AA relationship, but was thinking of doing it next May before my usual half dozen roundtrip flights I normally take over June and July to at least get Plat or something for the next year).

Well, I hope I get something from this of value. I really have been disappointed at how little PlatPro has meant this year in terms of anything (1 upgrade on Good Friday BWI-DFW, 1 short upgrade on a HSV-DCA leg which still stung still since I had a DFW-DCA upgraded flight that day which was cancelled and was rebooked on a DFW-HSV-DCA slog).

Last edited by MarkOK; Dec 9, 2019 at 4:01 pm Reason: Checked account and realized that I had only 28K basepoints this year -- last year I had ~65K.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
What is the status challenge? Is there one I can still sign up for?
AA currently offering 1Ks a 3 month match/challenge. $5k EQD and 35k EQM to keep it for remainder of 2020.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
AA currently offering 1Ks a 3 month match/challenge. $5k EQD and 35k EQM to keep it for remainder of 2020.
Thanks Kacee do I just call for the challenge? Sorry if too OT but I have never done am airline status challenge.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by tigerwong
I just tried requesting through the Globalist number and no dice for me. So perhaps your account was flagged for the offer.
Correction. My concierge just called and informed me that I am part of a group of Globalists that linked my account with AA to be offered Executive Platinum status. Just when I think I’m out, AA pulls me back in. To add to the database of potential criteria:

1. Offered EXP through 1/31/21. Call came Monday evening. Will take 12-14 days to reflect in my account.
2. Signed up for Platinum challenge in July but didn’t complete.
3. Former EXP for 6 years before switchIng to United 1K for past four years. One award flight on AA this year.
4. Completed 58 nights YTD for Globalist. Will hit 67 night by end of 2019. 75k base points.

Last edited by tigerwong; Dec 9, 2019 at 10:48 pm
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Called the Hyatt Concierge team and asked about this campaign. Concierge confirmed that they'll send my info over to AA in order to upgrade the status. Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.