Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Not mine
I was told it will take about 14 days.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
4 SWUs?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:50 am

I got the call night of 12/6 from my concierge.
I am based at a hub - CLT
Not registered for any challenge that I know of
Did register/link my accounts and I make extra Hyatt points on my AA flights
I do primarily fly AA
Currently Plat Pro but was not going to make Plat Pro again as lack of miles/segments 64.5kmiles 69 segments however I do have 15.7k spend (lot of last minute short single hop flights that are expensive but don't generate miles/segments)
I didn't get much detail besides she was going to send me something and had to get my approval and that this was something that AA was offering.
Haven't seen any emails yet and I scoured my spam etc no change on AA yet either.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
I have just received the EP status too. Background: I have been a globalist for years, have the world of hyatt credit card, live in Michigan and have 60 nights and just shy of 40k base points at the moment. I linked my Hyatt and AA accounts months ago, had some one world flights during the original status challenge but never really tried to go for Platinum. I mostly fly Delta

Last edited by VitaliU; Dec 8, 2019 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I don't see how failing to meet the offered challenge would help someone's chances for a gift like this. This seems like a straight gift from Hyatt based on one's Hyatt stats and history.
Not failing to meet the offered challenge, but enrolling in the offered challenge. The outcome (fail/complete) would not be clear yet for most depending on registration date, as IIRC the challenge was offered in September and ran for three months. The (pure conjecture) theory would be that registering for the challenge would indicate interest and allow Hyatt to target the gift to those who would value it most.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
The (pure conjecture) theory would be that registering for the challenge would indicate interest and allow Hyatt to target the gift to those who would value it most.
Equally speculating, but it makes sense that they'd start with the pool of Globs (assuming offer available to all Globs regardless of how it was attained) who opted in and signed up for the challenge. I mean, why waste the "gift" on someone who didn't even care enough to is sign up for free 90 Plat, right?
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I have over 100 nights and I fly monthly with United mostly transcontinental. No offer, disappointing.
Wonder the criteria. Im at 90 stays this year (has over 100 last year). Nothing for me.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Called and was told that I was not targeted. I’ll finish the year with 50 nights and ~160k base points on Hyatt.

Currently EXP on AA, but will finish the year as Plat only. Perhaps that had to do with it. It’s annoying nonetheless.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:59 pm

I'm starting to think K & Joe have it right when they posited the list probably emanates from AA marketing, who, in my view, have always appeared completely random on whom they target for special offers.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
No call (yet). Called in and nothing on my account. I am Globalist with just at 70 nights. Been Globalist for going on 8 years. Plat Pro with AA this year. Lifetime Plat with AA. I have modest spend on AA so I would have a fighting chance at upgrades on some of my flights.

Although I am in D/FW - Suspect they will be favoring other areas with more competitive airports.

I did call but nothing on my account and they were not aware of any offers. Congrats to those who got it.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Not failing to meet the offered challenge, but enrolling in the offered challenge. The outcome (fail/complete) would not be clear yet for most depending on registration date, as IIRC the challenge was offered in September and ran for three months. The (pure conjecture) theory would be that registering for the challenge would indicate interest and allow Hyatt to target the gift to those who would value it most.
I don't recall the exact date, but I believe the Hyatt/AA challenges opened for registration in May or June with a Sept. 15 or 30 deadline for registration. Only the stragglers are still working on it, with no more than ~20 days remaining.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Thanks ALL! I called in to my concierge, and asked the covering rep to check to see if I may be eligible for this offer. Within moments, she said yes you are, and registered me She said it would take about 14 days, and nothing further was needed for me.

I had no clue this was going on...

Thanks FlyerTalk, and again to all of you!!

Merry Christmas!
invalyd likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Executive Platinum was gifted to me up to 1/31/21 (reflect in my AA account in 14 days):

Location - San Diego
Hyatt Status - Globalist (55 nights to date - not lifetime globalist)
AA Status - None (few partner award flights - usually 1 per year)
Concierge Relationship - first time I have ever spoken to her
Linked AA with Hyatt accounts in 2019 - Yes
Registered with the AA status challenge in 2019 - No
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Same. The rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Just told me I got one AA mile for every dollar spend at Hyatt and vice versa.
Received a call today offering AA ex plat after sending an email yesterday to my concierge, who is out of the office this month. A different concierge called and said she wanted to discuss my email but couldn’t discuss the offer over email. Only phone. She said I was “targeted” and offered the gift status, which would be updated within 14 “business” days. I hope she just misspoke. She did add they are still in the process of calling targeted globalists.

Stats:
Airport: MEM
Nights: 51 (will requalify this week)
Base points: 35k
AA status: Gold but platinum two years prior

I wasn’t even close to requalifying Gold this year due to the birth of my daughter and less travel so this is quite the holiday gift from Hyatt.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Called my concierge and she checked the list. She called me back a couple hours later with good news! Also mentioned it can take up to 14 days to have the status updated.

Location - MCI
Hyatt Status - Globalist (47 nights to date; will re-qualify with 55 later this month - not lifetime globalist, but been globalist/diamond for a few years now)
Base Points - only around 19k
AA Status - Gold
Concierge Relationship - we talk or email every few weeks (lots of complex reservations!)
Linked AA with Hyatt accounts in 2019 - Yes
Registered with the AA status challenge in 2019 - Yes (earned Gold based on prior challenge thanks to Hyatt linking--didn't quite make it to keep Plat, but did enough to keep Gold)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.