Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Thanks all! Called on Monday and was told I was “on the list.” Very excited for EXP. Been Glob/Diamond for maybe 6 years now. Low $ spend, lots of award stays. On track to requalify this year but haven’t yet. Registered for the AA challenge at end of Sept and have temp Plat status which has been nice.

Any guesses on if the EXP status will post sooner than the 14 days? I have AA flights booked next week and would love to have it in effect.

Has anyone’s EXP status posted yet?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Have they heard about this over in the AA forum? I can’t believe AA is allowing ExPlat to be gifted to people with some of the profiles being posted here. What does AA get from gifting ExPlat to people who failed a Plat challenge a month ago? Crazy.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Have they heard about this over in the AA forum? I can’t believe AA is allowing ExPlat to be gifted to people with some of the profiles being posted here. What does AA get from gifting ExPlat to people who failed a Plat challenge a month ago? Crazy.
Hyatt's IT is just that good
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:27 am

Without knowing if this is AA or Hyatt driven, in my experience with AA, there isn't a really a rational one can pinpoint on whom they choose to target. Perhaps, that's by design so people can't act in a way to game or trigger potential promos. Even with the most advanced algorithms, once you know how their written or what they're looking for, it isn't hard game/fool them.

Now, as to WOH, the only experience I've had with them is the transition from Diamond to Globalist. And, this is broken record stuff, but those who were responsible and driving that change were without a doubt some of dumbest people in the history of marketing--it's almost as if they had a crystal ball into the future and decided to get almost everything wrong. The telephone and concierges returning most phone calls is progress. Baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Hyatt gave a quote to TPG suggesting that it is Hyatt driven:

Glennie Janssen from Hyatt confirmed the news (first reported by Ben Schlappig at One Mile at Time) to The Points Guy: “As an exclusive, one-time offer associated with our loyalty collaboration with American Airlines’ AAdvantage, World of Hyatt is offering AAdvantage elite status to a small number of eligible customers. Hyatt will be contacting these customers individually.”
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
And what does AA have to lose? If they select some people who don't fly much, how will that have a negative effect on AA? To be honest, the main reason I am excited about this is the One World emerald status. Have a look at the latest report by One Mile at a Time on his first class trip to HKG
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VitaliU
And what does AA have to lose? If they select some people who don't fly much, how will that have a negative effect on AA? To be honest, the main reason I am excited about this is the One World emerald status. Have a look at the latest report by One Mile at a Time on his first class trip to HKG
What does AA have to lose? You’re kidding, right?

It’s one thing to gift people Gold or Platinum for three months, as AA has done for years. But if I was a Plat Pro who had spent $13,000 on AA this year, I’d be miffed. AA is going to lose big if enough people decide it’s stupid to play a “loyalty” game that only works in one direction.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

It’s one thing to gift people Gold or Platinum for three months, as AA has done for years. But if I was a Plat Pro who had spent $13,000 on AA this year, I’d be miffed. AA is going to lose big if enough people decide it’s stupid to play a “loyalty” game that only works in one direction.
People are "miffed" all the time and there's nothing they can do. How often are Hyatt Globalists "miffed" when the status is being given for free to random members of other companies (AA Concierge Key etc), status matches or corporate fast tracks!? Plenty of examples right here on the forum.

Customers won't stop accumulating miles with AA just because they give away 400 EXP's for a year. It's a drop in the bucket considering the overall numbers.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
People are "miffed" all the time and there's nothing they can do. How often are Hyatt Globalists "miffed" when the status is being given for free to random members of other companies (AA Concierge Key etc), status matches or corporate fast tracks!? Plenty of examples right here on the forum.

Customers won't stop accumulating miles with AA just because they give away 400 EXP's for a year. It's a drop in the bucket considering the overall numbers.
I just explained what “they can do.”

Hyatt has never randomly given Globalist to people who stayed at Hyatt twice in the past year. The Globalist challenge annualizes to 80 nights per year.

Also, “accumulating miles” has almost nothing to do with chasing status. These days, most people seem to generate more AA miles from things other than flying.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I just explained what “they can do.”

Hyatt has never randomly given Globalist to people who stayed at Hyatt twice in the past year. The Globalist challenge annualizes to 80 nights per year.

Also, “accumulating miles” has almost nothing to do with chasing status. These days, most people seem to generate more AA miles from things other than flying.
Well they did just give Globalist to people (CKs) who may have never or rarely stayed at Hyatt for what its worth. And I would be surprised if more than a handful of people chose not to chase AA status because some Hyatt Globalists were given EXP status free for a year.

This is also probably one of the least offensive things that AA has done to its elites in the past few years. If those people didn't leave before, I can't imagine this would push someone over the edge, but I guess you never know. Seems pretty low risk to me.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat

I am not kidding at all. If AA give an EP status to someone who ends up flying with them 2-3 times a year, they lose nothing. If they end up flying a lot, they AA actually makes $ on it. I also do wish people stopped getting "miffed" because of silly things
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Well they did just give Globalist to people (CKs) who may have never or rarely stayed at Hyatt for what its worth. And I would be surprised if more than a handful of people chose not to chase AA status because some Hyatt Globalists were given EXP status free for a year.
While I've never been in marketing, I'm guessing the most efficient way to disperse this would be to those who will either use it extensively (thereby spending lots of money) or not use at all. What I'd imagine you'd want to avoid are the "ordinaries" in between. Like a shotgun blast, and hope you hit 1/2 of the big spenders and the other half those who won't use it at all.
Often1 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When Hyatt did their somewhat surprising act of giving out Diamond status to SPG Plats back in the day, they sure snagged me. Felt like an insane freebie at the time, and here I still am, Dia/Glob ever since.
soartoday likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by Visconti
While I've never been in marketing, I'm guessing the most efficient way to disperse this would be to those who will either use it extensively (thereby spending lots of money) or not use at all. What I'd imagine you'd want to avoid are the "ordinaries" in between. Like a shotgun blast, and hope you hit 1/2 of the big spenders and the other half those who won't use it at all.
Yes. You try to avoid the LowValueCustomers.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Yes. You try to avoid the LowValueCustomers.
Well, from my experience with AA, aside from spending lots of money on high fare classes, I wouldn't even begin to posit what they may consider a "high value" customer. As to Hyatt, you would think someone like Joe would count, right? 10 or 15 years of Diamond/Glob with some 300 nights/year sprinkled here and there?
LowValueCustomer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.