Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:29 am

This is really small potatoes and will have no effect on EXP upgrades or any other benefits. Purely a marketing move of very limited scope.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The only way to avoid making some of those Globs who don’t receive an offer feel slighted is to not make such gifts without published criteria. Even in the pre-FT/blog days you had this problem, just on a smaller scale when some colleagues at larger companies would receive similar gifts and others wouldn’t. Water cooler chat instead of internet sites.
Agreed.

Not that what I think matters, but a better way to handle these thing would be to, say, use 1) purely an objective measure decided by an algorithm, or 2) a pure lottery system for all Globs within certain time frame or parameter.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
Agreed.

Not that what I think matters, but a better way to handle these thing would be to, say, use 1) purely an objective measure decided by an algorithm, or 2) a pure lottery system for all Globs within certain time frame or parameter.
I agree. I’m already AA ExPlat, so it’s moot this time, but these giveaways tend to breed more resentment than anything else. I’ve had three or four 300-night Hyatt years in the past 10-15 years and I’m about as low-maintenance as they come, but I’ve never gotten so much as a Christmas card. I’m not losing sleep over it, but it doesn’t exactly make me happy, either. (It’s weird to think Hyatt might like me more if I got rid of all of my HP stays in places where HP is the only Hyatt option, thus driving up my $/night number, but I’m starting to wonder if that’s indeed the case.)
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just called the general concierge number and I was able to get it. Very nice move on Hyatt's part.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by invalyd
Just called the general concierge number and I was able to get it. Very nice move on Hyatt's part.
Actually, it makes suckers of the Globalists who spent $5,000 on the Hyatt/AA ExPlat status match. If they were going to gift it, they should have done so when the partnership was announced, or waited a while after the match/challenge period was over.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by invalyd
I just tried requesting through the Globalist number and no dice for me. So perhaps your account was flagged for the offer.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Actually, it makes suckers of the Globalists who spent $5,000 on the Hyatt/AA ExPlat status match. If they were going to gift it, they should have done so when the partnership was announced, or waited a while after the match/challenge period was over.
I suspect this is AA driven, and probably a recently hatched plan. There have been rumors that AA's suffered a meaningful loss of HVFs.
Often1 and solewalker like this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by tigerwong
I just tried requesting through the Globalist number and no dice for me. So perhaps your account was flagged for the offer.
Same. The rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Just told me I got one AA mile for every dollar spend at Hyatt and vice versa.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect this is AA driven, and probably a recently hatched plan. There have been rumors that AA's suffered a meaningful loss of HVFs.
It will be interesting to see if a pattern emerges of the locations of the Globalists who received this vs. those who didn't. When AA gave out status earlier this year, it seemed like mostly people in hubs received it, which meant they had status but probably wouldn't get a lot of upgrades out of it.

In any event, the timing doesn't seem very well thought out. If I'm not mistaken, the deadline to register for the ExPlat challenge was Sept. 30, so some of Hyatt's best customers just spent, or are still trying to spend, up to $5,000 for something they're now giving away.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:28 pm

Another data point: did not receive a call from my concierge on Friday. Today I called my Concierge’s line and was directed to the first available concierge as mine is off weekends. After telling me that the promotion was targeted, she checked my account and I was indeed eligible. She enrolled me right there on the spot.

Do we have any idea when this is effective from? I know they usually post Hyatt points to AAdvantage accounts on Tuesdays.

I’m a current PPro who only barely re-qualified for Gold this year (due to planned travel being postponed) so this really helps me out.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:00 pm

Those of you whom received / accepted the invite, is the upgraded status reflecting in your AA account yet?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:30 pm

It will be interesting to see if a pattern emerges of the locations of the Globalists who received this vs. those who didn't. When AA gave out status earlier this year, it seemed like mostly people in hubs received it, which meant they had status but probably wouldn't get a lot of upgrades out of it.
Not sure about others, but, for whatever reason, AA has a history for targeting me for stuff. Around 5 or 6 years ago, out of the blue, I received a Plat Challenge free of charge where status was conferred immediately; if memory serves, only had to fly 12.5K miles in 90 days. Then, when they had the Plat Pro thing, received another one, but didn't even bother reading it (frankly, can't even remember if I accepted it), since I was in the middle of the VX ---> AS transition and was focussed on that.

In any event, the timing doesn't seem very well thought out. If I'm not mistaken, the deadline to register for the ExPlat challenge was Sept. 30, so some of Hyatt's best customers just spent, or are still trying to spend, up to $5,000 for something they're now giving away.
Pure speculation, but it appears they wanted to first see how many would sign up and make an effort, and if those numbers didn't meet their goals, they'd introduce this. Or, Hyatt grew some b*lls and demanded some reciprocity for the Glob status conferred to their top CK guys.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Visconti
Or, Hyatt grew some b*lls and demanded some reciprocity for the Glob status conferred to their top CK guys.
I doubt it's this one. The people who've disclosed their Hyatt numbers thus far don't look like Hyatt's equivalent to CK-level spenders.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Those of you whom received / accepted the invite, is the upgraded status reflecting in your AA account yet?
Not mine
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Was called and offered it as well. I'd completed a mileage run for the first time in years to qualify as explat through the challenge they offered too... Didn't even need to do that, it appears... Wish they'd told us all earlier!

That's definitely quite a "gift" for top tier hotel status. I'm not a huge spender at Hyatt, but on track to requalify this year, 50 nights completed (nearly all paid).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.