Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I, too, reached out the my concierge and then got a call (from another concierge) the next day with the good news.

American doesn't offer too many non-stop options from SFO -- just 8 US hub cities and nothing international -- but I'm pretty excited nonetheless and undoubtedly will fly them when it makes sense (have flown with them once in the last 3 years). Also exploring the options for status matching to other airlines. Some won't work because I didn't "earn" ExPlat, but others look like they will.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Same Day Change is generally quite easy through the App, does not require fare difference if space available. (it's actually one place AA shines in tech over Delta for example).

SWUs cannot be used on award tickets.
Also worth noting that Same Day Flight change availability through the App may be disappointedly limited (much like SWU upgrade space, or sAAver awards). I've been able to take advantage of it just once out of a dozen looks/tries; for busy travel days/routes, the App always either gives me no choice, or 1 choice for standby (most of these routes were hub to hub high frequency routes like DFW-DCA//DFW-PHX//DFW-MIA; and even DFW-MSY was impossible when I really was hoping to catch a later flight once.). Anyways, the AA forum is very heavy with wikis and well-moderated, so a lot of the information is over there.
----

I am glad to hear about the SWUs -- I am going to be real suspicious of being able to use them for something valuable, but I will definitely try!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
My status just updated to Executive Platinum. No SWUs posted yet but if I remember correctly from my AA flying days, those are managed by a separate system and I guess they will be loaded overnight
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
My status also updated to Executive Platinum. No SWU or 500 mile upgrade yet.

Last edited by westlaker; Dec 13, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VitaliU
My status just updated to Executive Platinum. No SWUs posted yet but if I remember correctly from my AA flying days, those are managed by a separate system and I guess they will be loaded overnight
Looks like you're the first to report it.

Nothing for me yet.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Yep, mine came through sometime in the last 3-4 hours.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
seems like it took 5 days for the people who are reporting it.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Mine also just updated--also no SWUs yet.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Got anyone outside the US the status?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
So after reading all of these comments and not receiving a reply from my concierge I decided to call. Sure enough, I was targeted for Executive Platinum. Thanks to everyone on this forum as I wouldn’t have pressed this if I hadn’t read all your comments.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
I was confirmed on Monday (12/9) and my EXP just posted in the last few hours. Also no SWU yet for me. Fingers crossed those coke soon. So for me it is 5 business days. But maybe they’ll just be doing it weekly on Fridays? Not sure....
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Received the call! Yeah!
I am 2MM LT Plat.
2019 - 6 RT AA $ flights and also 9 AAwards via Avios. (Before I was blindly loyal to AA, but this year have flown DL, UA, WN, Jet Blue, basically who ever is cheaper).

I am definitely not a high $$ customer, but pretty loyal.

If they wanted to get additional revenue, they will with me, I will cancel some WN itineraries and rebook with AA, and also just choose AA for the duration of my EXP.
Also the Hyatt partnership with AA has also made me book more Hyatts, unfortunately places where I travel lack Hyatts. I will chose AA as my AMEX Plat and Aspire airline.
Finally, a big advantage of EXP is taking advantage of the dirt cheap Web Saver Awards having the flexibility to cancel without penalty and even a small chance of an upgrade.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
See my new AA Exec Plat status in the app!

It’s official! I’m AA Exec Plat thru the end of Jan 2021. Status change was reflected on my app as of this afternoon. I got the call re: the upgrade offer from my Hyatt concierge in the eve on Thurs 12/5. So it took 8 days (6 bus days). That’s a bit sooner than the 2 weeks (or 10 bus days) I was originally told. Thanks Hyatt & AA! A great holiday gift for me! I’d already started flying more AA flights since I registered for the promo challenge - but I would’ve never made it to Exec Plat. I’m
already planning more AA flights for 2020! I just hope those systemwide upgrades post to my account SOON as well!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Are there any data points of people linking their accounts since this announcement and then subsequently being targeted? Or, did you have to have already linked your accounts prior to this week in order to get an offer?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
4 SWU posted this morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.