Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
No AA status or AA flights in about 2 years. Globalist with 103 nights and 60k base points.

My accounts were not linked until I heard about this promo, so no surprise that I was not targeted!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
My concierge called me today but I was in meetings. She left me a voicemail which she never does so I correctly assumed she was calling to offer me the upgrade. I called back to the general Concierge # and they could see that I was targeted and accepted the offer. (I don't understand who would turn down this offer to get upgraded?!). I was a Globalist years ago but shifted over my stays to SPG/Marriott a few years ago but shifted back to Hyatt this year. They have vastly improved their program and also their footprint with partnerships.

For reference, I'm Platinum for life with American and have over 4 Million BIS miles. I was Executive Platinum for many years previously but haven't been in a few years. I probably won't make Executive Platinum organically again. I still fly American once in a while but mostly fly Alaska now. I go down a few times a year to Buenos Aires and also some partner award tickets to Europe.

This year with Hyatt I have 116 qualifying nights so far. About half via paid stays and half via spending with the WOH credit card and award night/points redemptions.

I confirmed with the agent and she said the 4 System wide upgrades are included with this. And status is until 1/31/2021.

Last edited by saint; Dec 12, 2019 at 11:35 pm
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:30 pm

If the SWU are included, I'll definitely move some business to AA.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Received the offer today. 67 nights with Hyatt, Globalist 2 years. AAL is my primary airline, but usually qualify as Gold or Platinum. I have been flying more lately, so this is much appreciated.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:01 pm

I called the globalist line over the weekend and they said I was not targeted. The rep asked if I wanted my concierge to call me back to discuss it, I said sure. Then today I got the call from my concierge about my inquiry and she said I was in fact targeted, which contradicted the prior agent.

linked AA accounts back in September and took one recent AA round trip flight. Globalist with 58 nights and 17500 base points.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Was going to call but my concierge beat me to the punch. Called me today (from Omaha) and said I was targeted. Said they are working through a list. She said she is submitting my name and a sup has to approve. She said probably 1/1 my status will be reflected.

Mostly fly UA and DL. Flew enough in 2018 to make AA gold on segments. Flew two AA flights and one BA flight. Did the promo match challenge thingy to make plat, but didn’t fly once after getting plat.

Over 100 Hyatt nights last year, currently 90 and will have 2-3 more.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Yes, mine told me that it takes about 14 days to activate and I should see my status updated within 2 weeks. I asked her specifically what was included and especially about the 4 SWU and she read off a bullet point list and indeed that was one of the things she said was included. So really happy about that. I'll actually give American more business in 2020 due to this great surprise.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:40 am

has anyone's acc gotten upgraded yet
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:34 am

While naturally, it's better to pose questions in the AA forum, but I suspect there may be some Globs who were gifted that may find this a little helpful. Off the top of my head and from what must have been several years ago when I last had any engagement with the program or AA (aside from crediting flights as necessary to AS).

1. OWE - This is a significant perk for those with int'l travel, since it allows access to AA Flagship lounges (not dining, which is only F or CX F in JFK, if I recall), and other OW lounges. This will be helpful in LAX (QF F, but not sure if their restaurant is F only), HKF F without limitations, LHR (no Concorde access, but may on arrival, if I recall) and the ones in SYD. Not to mention, when flying them you board in their super elite line with F pax, choose seats and for those who like talking to FAs, CX will be quite a nice experience.

2. SWUs - Awesome. Book the cheapest non-BE fare anywhere, and may apply upgrade to J on all segments. Even if upgrade isn't cleared, you get the good seats, board first and secure bin space.

3. 100 hour upgrade window on all domestic flights. You cut the line, right behind all of their existing ExPlats, which should be plenty good from less elite intensive routes such as SFO or, even, LAX. TCON is always the hard one and I've rarely been successful applying 500 mile upgrades, which are now unnecessary.

4. Same day change - if I recall, had to pay the difference in fare, if there were one, but not sure if that's applicable to ExPlat. - no fee & may use the App.

5. Waived changed and miles deposit fees for redemptions. This is very valuable, especially given the relative scarcity of some "saver" redemptions where one would have book really far out before any firm plans can be established.

Finally, for those of you who will be using this benefit, bear in mind you will accrue 500 mile upgrades. If you plan to use them, it may be prudent to fly enough to at least retain Gold, so they can be used after Feb 2021. - ExPlats do not earn 500 mile upgrades.

PS - for those with an Amex Bus Plat, you may consider choosing AA in Jan. Granted, GCs no longer trigger the credit, but you can book AA flights with a 35% MR rebate; and, in the past, these were considered special fares (like the flights in the travel packages) where they earn higher (roughly about 70% of mileage flown) EQDs & RDMs. If this is indeed still the case, there's some potential arbitrage value to be captured there.

PS 2 - not sure if SWUs may be applied for mileage redemptions, but if so, (SWUs may not be applied to mileage redemptions, but something to consider regardless would be Barclays Aviator (75K bonus & 5% rebate on miles redeemed) where you can earn some freebie EQDs (2,000, if memory serves) and/or the Citi AAs.
saint, dpb132, antonius66 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Visconti; Dec 13, 2019 at 9:33 am Reason: corrections & added PS...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Visconti
Finally, for those of you who will be using this benefit, bear in mind you will accrue 500 mile upgrades. If you plan to use them, it may be prudent to fly enough to at least retain Gold, so they can be used after Feb 2021.
Ex Plat flyers do not accrue 500 mile upgrades so those who are gifted status from this won’t need to worry about retaining Gold.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yerffej201
has anyone's acc gotten upgraded yet
Pretty much everyone has been told to expect to wait 2 weeks or so..given people just started getting notifications last thursday or so, I would not expect anyone to have it reflected in thier account until at least next week.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Visconti

4. Same day change - if I recall, had to pay the difference in fare, if there were one, but not sure if that's applicable to ExPlat.

PS 2 - not sure if SWUs may be applied for mileage redemptions, but if so, something to consider would be Barclays Aviator (75K bonus & 5% rebate on miles redeemed) where you can earn some freebie EQDs (2,000, if memory serves) and/or the Citi AAs.
Same Day Change is generally quite easy through the App, does not require fare difference if space available. (it's actually one place AA shines in tech over Delta for example).

SWUs cannot be used on award tickets.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by slm9555
I called the globalist line over the weekend and they said I was not targeted. The rep asked if I wanted my concierge to call me back to discuss it, I said sure. Then today I got the call from my concierge about my inquiry and she said I was in fact targeted, which contradicted the prior agent.

linked AA accounts back in September and took one recent AA round trip flight. Globalist with 58 nights and 17500 base points.
Same experience here. I was dropping status next year and decided to call my concierge. She was not available so I talk to the regular concierge desk and they told me I was not targeted.

Then today my concierge called me and gave me the good news that I was going to be EXP because I was targeted. She said each concierge has a spreadsheet with the names of their clients who are targeted.

I am very happy I stayed with Hyatt this year and decided to ditch marriott bOnVoY
cvseuy likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I am very happy I stayed with Hyatt this year and decided to ditch marriott bOnVoY
Hindsight is 20/20 and the future is always unpredictable at best, but just imagine a traveler experiencing the following: 1) full Hyatt Diamond on a tweet; 2) gifted Noir for a couple of years; 3) gifted AA ExPlat for 13 months. Oh, and not to mention the random $100 GCs when choosing points for the tier reward.

Not sure if there's a run of elite perks quite like it. Assuming it's the real deal, this AA ExPlat thing is a tremendous gift, in my view. Whoever over there at H pulling this off with MLife & AA certainly deserves some accolades.
dpb132 and solewalker like this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Was anyone else not targeted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.