Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Hotel now integrated in WOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Hotel now integrated in WOH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
I mean in the development pipeline, all 11 future Thompson hotels are in the US.

On Hyatt development page, Thompson's fact sheet says that their competitors are Editon, NoMad, 1 Hotels and Rosewood, which is a bit confusing because Thompson is positioned lower than Andaz in Hyatt's hierachy and those are normally Andaz's competitors, especially in case of Rosewood - that's Park Hyatt level.
That doesn't make any sense re Rosewood - I'd expect Rosewood to be a competitor to Park Hyatt since they're more of a traditional luxury brand compared to Thompson's lifestyle and upper-upscale positioning. I think Marriott's Le Méridien brand is a more direct competitor - both feature mid-century modern aesthetics as part of the brand image, reference their destinations and locales in each property design and have an emphasis on selling their F&B venues as community staples.

​​​​​​​khabah
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:04 pm

Anyone been to the Thompson Nashville in the past month or so and can provide a trip report on what’s open etc.? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.