Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Hotel now integrated in WOH

Thompson Hotel now integrated in WOH

Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Thanks. Any more details on Globalist recognition benefits like room upgrades or breakfast or 4pm checkout?
what does this mean? an upgrade based on availability, breakfast and a 4pm checkout are our benefits. what additional details do you want?

I stayed at the beekman a few weeks ago, and I got what I am entitled to.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
I stayed at Gild Hall a couple weeks ago as a globalist 4 nights (6/9-6/13). Front desk at check-in was lovely, she proudly spouted off the usual Globalist benefits, like they had been recently memorized perfectly.

Was able to redeem a suite upgrade award about a week prior, via my Glob concierge. Received the 560sq ft 1-BR King Suite from the website. Great room, especially by NYC standards. Will definitely stay at Gild Hall again, but excited to try the Beekman, heard great things.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Unique, historical, and overall great hotel.
Originally Posted by coggie
I stayed at the beekman a few weeks ago, and I got what I am entitled to.
Such insightful replies. Flyertalk can sometimes be so helpful
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
I replied to your request for reviews/comments about the HOTEL, which did not include what you apparently were seeking (the PROGRAM) which resulted in your follow up - I did not respond to that one because well its self explanatory as to what your benefits are as a globalist.

PS - not everyone on FT cares about every little benefit they deserve bc of a loyalty program...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:15 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
More insightful than your sarcastic quip.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Does an award stay count towards the 2,000 bonus points and the brand explorer cert after staying at each of the 4 new brands?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by zakami
Does an award stay count towards the 2,000 bonus points and the brand explorer cert after staying at each of the 4 new brands?
Yes.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Globallist
The CAPE, A Thompson Hotel. CABO. Anyone stay here recently as a Globalist? I DO love the ZIVA but looking at switching it up this time around. Do SERVICE FEES get waived for Globalists? I feel like they did in the Bahamas, but I can't remember. The ZIVA 326$ Final cost per night 326$. . The Cape 326$ PLUS VAT $114.88 , PLUS Lodging tax $21.54 PLUS Service Charge $107.70. Sheesh. What's up with that? The Thompson Suite looks nice, anyone rest the Panoramic or the Penthouse? THANKS!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
The CAPE, A Thompson Hotel. CABO. Anyone stay here recently as a Globalist? I DO love the ZIVA but looking at switching it up this time around. Do SERVICE FEES get waived for Globalists? I feel like they did in the Bahamas, but I can't remember. The ZIVA 326$ Final cost per night 326$. . The Cape 326$ PLUS VAT $114.88 , PLUS Lodging tax $21.54 PLUS Service Charge $107.70. Sheesh. What's up with that? The Thompson Suite looks nice, anyone rest the Panoramic or the Penthouse? THANKS!
I check in tomorrow. Staying there on a Prive rate plus a suite upgrade. Definitely will let you know if service charges get waived at check-out.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:27 pm

Globalist

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I check in tomorrow. Staying there on a Prive rate plus a suite upgrade. Definitely will let you know if service charges get waived at check-out.

Curious if you got the service fees waived at The Cape?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
also curious what you got with Private + TSU (thinking about doing similarly this fall).
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Miles799

Curious if you got the service fees waived at The Cape?

They are not waived for Globalists.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
also curious what you got with Private + TSU (thinking about doing similarly this fall).
Was confirmed into a Thompson Suite with the TSU. It was great. Amazing view. Plenty of room. With Prive - got the extra $100 credit credit and welcome amenity.
ClarkGriswold likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:59 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Thompson Toronto is leaving Hyatt to join Barry Sternlichts 1 Hotels portfolio as 1 Hotel Toronto. It will remain a Thompson until renovations to convert it to the 1 begin, and the new hotel will debut next summer.

More here: https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...41003474/.html

khabah
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by khabah
Thompson Toronto is leaving Hyatt to join Barry Sternlichts 1 Hotels portfolio as 1 Hotel Toronto. It will remain a Thompson until renovations to convert it to the 1 begin, and the new hotel will debut next summer.

More here: https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...41003474/.html

khabah
A pity because this is the best Hyatt option in Toronto at the moment.
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.