Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Hotel now integrated in WOH

Thompson Hotel now integrated in WOH

Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:30 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by Aventine
A pity because this is the best Hyatt option in Toronto at the moment.
Quite a lot of the former “Two Roads” properties have dropped out.... this tells you something about Hyatt’s fees.
txhyattlvr is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:43 pm
  #32  
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 8,764
Standard and premium suite awards/upgrades not available for Thompson Hotels

Thompson Hotels do not allow standard or premium suite awards or standard or premium suite upgrades. So much for participating fully in WoH. Just got off a shockingly long call with a Hyatt agent and supervisor to confirm that lack of WoH functionality.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 23, 2019 at 7:44 pm Reason: spelling
bhrubin is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:49 pm
  #33  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thompson Hotels do not allow standard or premium suite awards or standard or premium suite upgrades. So much for participating fully in WoH. Just got off a shockingly long call with a Hyatt agent and supervisor to confirm that lack of WoH functionality.
i think they do. I booked the Cape Thompson in Cabo and was able to book a premium suite upgrade using points. I think you got a bad Hyatt rep.
SeeTheLights is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:51 pm
  #34  
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 8,764
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I think they do. I booked the Cape Thompson in Cabo and was able to book a premium suite upgrade using points. I think you got a bad Hyatt rep.
So both the Hyatt rep and supervisor are wrong? That would be particularly sad.

Nope I've now HUCA twice more. Same story. So much for the wonderful additions to WoH that aren't really.
bhrubin is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:55 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,034
Originally Posted by bhrubin
So both the Hyatt rep and supervisor are wrong? That would be particularly sad.
I too have used suite upgrades at two Thompson Hotels - which particular Thompson hotel are you speaking of?
bcosinteno is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:56 pm
  #36  
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 8,764
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I too have used suite upgrades at two Thompson Hotels - which particular Thompson hotel are you speaking of?
Seattle. For July 2020.

I'm being told there only are standard room awards (20K). No standard suite or premium suite awards. No standard suite upgrades or premium suite upgrades. Not impressive.
bhrubin is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:02 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 6,361
points suite awards are and have always been available subject to the hotel’s discretion
Colin is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:03 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,034
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Seattle. For July 2020.

I'm being told there only are standard room awards (20K). No standard suite or premium suite awards. No standard suite upgrades or premium suite upgrades. Not impressive.
Thompson Seattle is on the list of properties that is not eligible for TSU or premium suite awards. Not Thompson as a hotel but just this particular hotel.
bcosinteno is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:05 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,034
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Thompson Seattle is on the list of properties that is not eligible for TSU or premium suite awards. Not Thompson as a hotel but just this particular hotel.
No Suite Free Night Award is valid at Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Paris Madeleine, Hyatt Herald Square New York, Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt City of Dreams Manila, Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami, Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort, Hyatt Rosemont, Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach, Thompson Seattle, Chicago Athletic Association, The Talbott, Hotel Revival Baltimore, Hotel Avatar, Hotel del Sol, Waterfront Hotel, Park South, The Laurel Inn, Hotel Kabuki, 50 Bowery, Alila Manggis, Studios at Alila Sminyak, Alila Villas Uluwatu, or Hyatt Place hotels.
bcosinteno is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:06 pm
  #40  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 21,162
Guess the Marriott footprint is too tiny in Seattle...
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:12 pm
  #41  
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 8,764
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Guess the Marriott footprint is too tiny in Seattle...
Haha, I’m booked already at the W Seattle and know I likely will get upgraded to a suite. I’ve stayed before and was treated very well (and pre-upgraded to a Wow Suite).

But I’ve heard enough nice things about the Thompson Seattle that I was considering an award stay with a suite. You know, like WoH says is an option.

Not so much. And there’s certainly no other Hyatt property I’d want to stay at. I’d stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 before and had major issues...and I’m never a fan of the massive 457 room Grand Hyatt.
bhrubin is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:41 am
  #42  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Haha, I’m booked already at the W Seattle and know I likely will get upgraded to a suite. I’ve stayed before and was treated very well (and pre-upgraded to a Wow Suite).

But I’ve heard enough nice things about the Thompson Seattle that I was considering an award stay with a suite. You know, like WoH says is an option.

Not so much. And there’s certainly no other Hyatt property I’d want to stay at. I’d stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 before and had major issues...and I’m never a fan of the massive 457 room Grand Hyatt.
The Thompson Seattle rooftop bar is amazing. Views and drinks. The Seattle Hyatts are pretty sad except for the new Regency.
bhrubin likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:01 am
  #43  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 21,162
Originally Posted by Aventine
The Thompson Seattle rooftop bar is amazing. Views and drinks. The Seattle Hyatts are pretty sad except for the new Regency.
Apparently so are the Marriotts, as even though they have 300 or so in the area, 295 are limited service...
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:05 am
  #44  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Apparently so are the Marriotts, as even though they have 300 or so in the area, 295 are limited service...
I would stay at the Thompson even if I couldn't use a TSU. It's a very fine hotel and I found the normal rooms to be sufficient. Didn't spend much time there but nicer than the Olive 8, GH and HR rooms.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 24, 2019 at 1:26 pm Reason: Typo
Aventine is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:34 am
  #45  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 21,162
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would stay at the Thompson even if I couldn't use a TSU. It's a very fine hotel and I found the nornal rooms to be sufficient. Didn't spend much time there but nicer than the Olive 8, GH and HR rooms.
Yup I would too - loved my stay at the Thompson Seattle (even as just an Explorist)
UA-NYC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.