Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by skj
The T&Cs are pretty clear here ...

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid through the end of the year in which they were earned (or, for Lifetime Globalists, gifted annually on or around March 1) plus fourteen (14) months.
Not the OP, but I have a question anyways, if you (or anyone) happens to know

Is the earning year related to (1) the date of the tenth night for that award, or (2) when the SUA is presumably selected? For example, if the tenth night was December 1st of Year 1, but the award wasn't selected until Feb 1st of Year 2, is the earning year considered Year 1 or Year 2?
Doppy likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:17 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
With the category changes going into effect on 22 March, and a couple of Hyatts joining the Cat 8 level… wondering if LT Globs will get a Cat1-8 award on March 1. or also via Milestone?

will be interesting to see.

any thoughts?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
With the category changes going into effect on 22 March, and a couple of Hyatts joining the Cat 8 level… wondering if LT Globs will get a Cat1-8 award on March 1. or also via Milestone?

any thoughts?
Nobody here knows and if they know, they aren't talking.

I think it is highly unlikely - it really is only a handful of properties (yes a handful of very popular properties, at least here) but I really can't seem them upping the certificate. There have been Category 8s for a while now and it has still only ever covered 1-7.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:06 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by slariz
I think it is highly unlikely - it really is only a handful of properties (yes a handful of very popular properties, at least here) but I really can't seem them upping the certificate. There have been Category 8s for a while now and it has still only ever covered 1-7.
Currently the Cat 8 properties are almost all SLH properties along with a handful of Destination Residences. This upcoming devaluation adds more traditional Hyatt properties to the Cat 8 tier. That said, I also think it's unlikely the Cat 1-7 award changes for LTGs or the Milestones. I'll be scrambling to use mine as soon as I get it on 1 March.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala

any thoughts?
No chance unless MAYBE enough complaints come out and they decide to change it later but as of now, zero in my opinion. Honestly if they were going to do something like that which would give value back to the customer, they would have screamed it from the rooftop and lead off the press release with it. They would NOT have allowed the changes to be released and not mentioned the increase in your free certificate.
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone redeemed their 40 night milestone for the 10K off a FIND experience?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Has anyone redeemed their 40 night milestone for the 10K off a FIND experience?
Per Hyatt FIND is closed until further notice.
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I just received an email from WOH: Suite Upgrade Awards (SUA) that I’ve earned within the past few months have an expiration date of Feb 28, 2023. I’d like to maximize the expiration date of future SUAs.

In order to have an expiration date of Feb 28/29*, 2024 should one make the selection on or after January 1, 2022 or on or after March 1, 2022 or some other date? Please advise. Thank you.

(* 2024 is a leap year.)
I have to choose my 70 night milestone award. Did you choose the SUA? When does it expire?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
I have to choose my 70 night milestone award. Did you choose the SUA? When does it expire?
14 months IIRC
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Choosing between now and October 1 will not make any difference, expiration date will be February 29, 2024. If you get an email on or after October 3, giving you 90 days to make your choice, make that choice after January 1 and the expiration date will be February 28, 2025.

I learned that lesson the hard way last fall, when I received two or three emails in November and December asking me to make my choice. I made those choices immediately and the expiration date for those upgrade awards is February 28 2023. The one choice that I made on January 1 of this year, has an expiration date of February 29 2024.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Mar 27, 2022 at 1:27 pm Reason: Change October 1 to October 3, based on 90 days until January 1
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:10 pm

Choosing between now and October 1 will not make any difference, expiration date will be February 29, 2024. If you get an email on or after October 1, giving you 90 days to make your choice, make that choice after January 1 and the expiration date will be February 28, 2025.

I learned that lesson the hard way last fall, when I received two or three emails in November and December asking me to make my choice. I made those choices immediately and the expiration date for those upgrade awards is February 28 2023. The one choice that I made on January 1 of this year, has an expiration date of February 29 2024.
Suite Upgrade Awards are valid through the end of the year in which they were earned (or, for Lifetime Globalists, gifted annually on or around March 1) plus fourteen (14) months.”

- Hyatt

So the date you make your selection is the date it’s “earned” meaning it’s valid the rest of that year, plus an additional 14 months.

I never take the TSU option so I’m not really well versed I rely on T&C. I ended up letting 3 expire on 2/28/22 unused.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Matt4200
the date you make your selection is the date it’s “earned” ...
Exactly. That is the correct pertinent point which is counter to textual reading of the terms and conditions which imply that they are “earned” in the calendar year during which the “stays” occur.

For example, last year my qualifying nights 81 through 90 were all in November, I received the email asking me to make my choice (10,000 points or suite upgrade award) at the end of November, made that choice immediately, suite upgrade award expiration February 28, 2023. Qualifying nights 91 through 100 were all in December, received that email on January 1, made that choice immediately, suite upgrade award expiration February 29 (leap year) 2024.

For the email I received at the end of November, had I waited (Hyatt allows 90 days) until after January 1, the suite upgrade award would have had an expiration date one year later. Thus my recommendation to wait until after January 1 to make the choice when the email is received on or after October 3rd.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:37 am

Exactly. That is the correct pertinent point which is counter to textual reading of the terms and conditions which imply that they are “earned” in the calendar year during which the “stays” occur.

For example, last year my qualifying nights 81 through 90 were all in November, I received the email asking me to make my choice (10,000 points or suite upgrade award) at the end of November, made that choice immediately, suite upgrade award expiration February 28, 2023. Qualifying nights 91 through 100 were all in December, received that email on January 1, made that choice immediately, suite upgrade award expiration February 29 (leap year) 2024.

For the email I received at the end of November, had I waited (Hyatt allows 90 days) until after January 1, the suite upgrade award would have had an expiration date one year later. Thus my recommendation to wait until after January 1 to make the choice when the email is received on or after October 3rd.
This is right. I had received email End of December to make my choice and I was slacking
Until now. Chose SUa just now and it expires 2024.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I never got an email, but earned quite a few milestone rewards. Can I ask Hyatt to resend it or am I out of luck?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I never got an email, but earned quite a few milestone rewards. Can I ask Hyatt to resend it or am I out of luck?
If you still are a Hyatt Globalist, then just call your concierge. I deleted my 70th and she did it for me. Now what will happen if its over 90 days since you reached it and should have gotten an email I dont know. Milestones are suppose to be claimed within 90 days of reaching it

Before calling decide which if any of the choices you want

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.