Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:29 am

That's a great question, normally I just let them expire, if I can exchange them I will.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:20 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are Globs converting club access awards to points (since we generally can't use them ourselves)?
I must admit, I'm still not sure what I'm actually supposed to do with them. I re-qualified for Glob, so obviously don't need them for my own stays. Can I use them for others? If so, only in conjunction with a stay on my own (second room), or independent of it? Or will they simply go to waste?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jpdx
I must admit, I'm still not sure what I'm actually supposed to do with them. I re-qualified for Glob, so obviously don't need them for my own stays. Can I use them for others? If so, only in conjunction with a stay on my own (second room), or independent of it? Or will they simply go to waste?
OMAAT had a post on this - yes, you can use them for others...don't think it has to be attached to your own rez as a second room.

Would love for them to convert to points though...
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:07 am

I second the points option, of course.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jpdx
I actually had a use for them come up recently. I found a hotel where the base room (on points) has max capacity of two, whereas the club level rooms have a capacity of three people. So by using the certificate up front I was able to guarantee a room with capacity of 3 instead of hoping that the room would be available upon arrival.

I've never had problems with having more than the stated room capacity in the US, but I've heard that you need to be very careful of that in Europe & Asia.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I completed 40 nights over a week ago. No email yet to select between $100 gift card or 5000 bonus points. When can I expect to receive it?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jameswes
I actually had a use for them come up recently. I found a hotel where the base room (on points) has max capacity of two, whereas the club level rooms have a capacity of three people. So by using the certificate up front I was able to guarantee a room with capacity of 3 instead of hoping that the room would be available upon arrival.

I've never had problems with having more than the stated room capacity in the US, but I've heard that you need to be very careful of that in Europe & Asia.
Aren't these milestone awards for club access rather than a club room? I don't think they guarantee a room on a club floor or, for instance, they could be marginally useful for a Glob at HR Tokyo. In a few other places, they would guarantee a room on a very high floor if it's literally a club room and not just club lounge access.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:05 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I completed 40 nights over a week ago. No email yet to select between $100 gift card or 5000 bonus points. When can I expect to receive it?
The mail comes within 1 or 2 days after reaching the milestone, if not instantly when the last stay is posted. It may be in your spam box?
Else give CS a call.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Aren't these milestone awards for club access rather than a club room? I don't think they guarantee a room on a club floor or, for instance, they could be marginally useful for a Glob at HR Tokyo. In a few other places, they would guarantee a room on a very high floor if it's literally a club room and not just club lounge access.
Yeah iirc they only let you access the lounge. They do not get you a club room.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Are Globs converting club access awards to points (since we generally can't use them ourselves)?

Is there a way to convert them to points? I know Club access is worth at least 5k points I have 4 certs that’s at minimum 20k I would trade

What do you guys do with the Suite Upgrade Awards since Globs get guaranteed suites if they’re available. I guess you could use it to guarantee a Suite, IME they’re typically available though.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:28 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
so I received 2 TSU earlier this year. I am 2000 base points short of officially requalifying for Glob this year.

however, I just received notification that I have achieved LT Glob and 4 TSU have been deposited.

after I checkout from this stay I will pass the 100k milestone. wonder if I will receive 2 more TSU?

this may be a one time thing... but currently have 6 TSU valid thru Feb 2021.

anyone else seen this?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
so I received 2 TSU earlier this year. I am 2000 base points short of officially requalifying for Glob this year.

however, I just received notification that I have achieved LT Glob and 4 TSU have been deposited.

after I checkout from this stay I will pass the 100k milestone. wonder if I will receive 2 more TSU?

anyone else seen this?
Congratulations!

Yes... lifetime Globalists automatically get their 4 TSUs. Plus whatever you manage to earn from your annual stays... So an easy 8 if your travel patterns don't change. (plus the 70, 80, etc. night gifts if you choose)
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For those of us who can still requalify for Glob with (only) 55 nights, is it correct that the next gift choice (of a TSU or whatever) nevertheless appears at 70 and not 65 nights?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:04 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
For those of us who can still requalify for Glob with (only) 55 nights, is it correct that the next gift choice (of a TSU or whatever) nevertheless appears at 70 and not 65 nights?
Yes
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:02 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala

anyone else seen this?
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Congratulations!

Yes... lifetime Globalists automatically get their 4 TSUs. Plus whatever you manage to earn from your annual stays... So an easy 8 if your travel patterns don't change. (plus the 70, 80, etc. night gifts if you choose)
I was given 4 TSU plus 1 Cat1-7 for achieving LTG.
with my last stay I also achieved the "regular Glob" status of this year and reveived 2 TSU plus 1 Cat 1-7.

so for next year I have 2 Cat1-7 plus 8 TSU. quite nice
ZBigFam and Hydro88 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.