Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So has anyone here ever booked a FIND experience?

I'm coming up on my 40 night threshold and to me $100 GC is worth it over 5,000 points, but 10K off something would be even better, if that something was even remotely reasonably priced.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:56 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

After the 30 night milestone, I do not see much incremental reward to earn 40 ($100 GC) and 50 (2 more suite upgrades) then 60. With the auto extension for next year, I do not need to earn status. The incremental spending on other CCs are worth more than those rewards.

What do you think?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
After the 30 night milestone, I do not see much incremental reward to earn 40 ($100 GC) and 50 (2 more suite upgrades) then 60. With the auto extension for next year, I do not need to earn status. The incremental spending on other CCs are worth more than those rewards.

What do you think?
I see the $100 GC as valuable as you still earn points on folios paid with Hyatt GC’s. At 50 the 2 Suite Upgrade Awards (not more, these should be the first 2 earned) those hold huge value. I’d place them conservatively at $500 each as I’ve seen many people use them for what would cost them thousands. At 60 you get a Concierge, a Category 1-7 Certificate and (2) More Suite Upgrade Awards which is amazing.

Not only all of that but you’re earning 3x points the whole way, now earning rollover night credits towards next year and if you’re making a points booking you get a rebate plus complimentary parking. Along with that is Globalist status which has amazing benefits worth everything.

I see that as hugely beneficial.

Let’s assume you’re at 30 Nights right now going for 40. Let’s also figure you stay those 10 nights with a $100 averaged daily rate for a total of $1,000. With that $1,000 spent you’d earn -

The $100 Hyatt Gift Card at 40 Nights
16,000 WOH Points
10 Elite Night Credits.

Conservatively let’s value the WOH points at 1.5 cents per point. That’s $240, in addition to the $100 Hyatt Gift Card. So at minimum you’re getting $340 back from 30 to 40 nights.

That’s how I view it.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:31 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I see the $100 GC as valuable as you still earn points on folios paid with Hyatt GC’s. At 50 the 2 Suite Upgrade Awards (not more, these should be the first 2 earned) those hold huge value. I’d place them conservatively at $500 each as I’ve seen many people use them for what would cost them thousands. At 60 you get a Concierge, a Category 1-7 Certificate and (2) More Suite Upgrade Awards which is amazing.

Not only all of that but you’re earning 3x points the whole way, now earning rollover night credits towards next year and if you’re making a points booking you get a rebate plus complimentary parking. Along with that is Globalist status which has amazing benefits worth everything.

I see that as hugely beneficial.

Let’s assume you’re at 30 Nights right now going for 40. Let’s also figure you stay those 10 nights with a $100 averaged daily rate for a total of $1,000. With that $1,000 spent you’d earn -

The $100 Hyatt Gift Card at 40 Nights
16,000 WOH Points
10 Elite Night Credits.

Conservatively let’s value the WOH points at 1.5 cents per point. That’s $240, in addition to the $100 Hyatt Gift Card. So at minimum you’re getting $340 back from 30 to 40 nights.

That’s how I view it.
Yes, but you need to spend like $1,000 to get the $340 back. Of course good with regular travel hotel stays.

I still have left-over suite upgrades. Not sure if they will be rolled to next year. Probably not. Yes, it can be valuable if used properly. I used it to book Grand Hyatt in Hawaii and the island has been locked down. Also, it seems there are plenty suites available for Globe. Not sure if those TSUs are even needed.

Still not sure yet.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes, but you need to spend like $1,000 to get the $340 back. Of course good with regular travel hotel stays.

I still have left-over suite upgrades. Not sure if they will be rolled to next year. Probably not. Yes, it can be valuable if used properly. I used it to book Grand Hyatt in Hawaii and the island has been locked down. Also, it seems there are plenty suites available for Globe. Not sure if those TSUs are even needed.

Still not sure yet.
I guess to each their own. If you’ve already got Globalist status it might not be worth pushing for the extra stays since you’re already extended. But personally with all the current offers in combination with the Milestones it’s very enticing to me.

As far as Suite Awards I use them to ensure I’ll have a Suite rather than rely on a maybe. The properties I use them at have a limited number of Standard Suites so a Guarantee is better than a maybe for me, especially when I’m 90% sure there’s no further extension.
RedSun likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:29 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Question 40 night award: 5000 points vs $100 gift card

Have hit the 40 night spot, didn't see a discussion about this...
Which would you take? 5k points or $100 gift card. I could use the GC on a stay this weekend (have a Hyatt Visa, so just don't earn the extra points on that spend).
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
In the current buy points promo you can buy 5,200 points for $96.

You also earn points by spending $100 on a room (instead of spending points) - that gets you another 500+ points.

It really isn´t close... the $100 voucher gives you more value.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:11 am

I picked 5k points as the gift cards are only for North and South american properties. Would go for the $100 gift card if I have planned stays in that region.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
In the current buy points promo you can buy 5,200 points for $96.
How does this rank for points promos? Is this pretty typical? How much better can it get? And does buying points with the Hyatt card provide any bonus? Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
How does this rank for points promos? Is this pretty typical? How much better can it get? And does buying points with the Hyatt card provide any bonus? Thanks!
There is a 25% discount promo that works out a bit better. They usually alternate between 30% bonus and 25% discount.

Payment is processed by points.com which means no card bonus, but you can get cashback.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:12 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Have hit the 40 night spot, didn't see a discussion about this...
Which would you take? 5k points or $100 gift card. I could use the GC on a stay this weekend (have a Hyatt Visa, so just don't earn the extra points on that spend).
40 Night gifts - FlyerTalk Forums
hedoman likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Selection Timing for Longest Suite Upgrade Award Expiration

I just received an email from WOH:
You’ve stayed 70/80/90/100 qualifying nights with us this year – an impressive achievement that’s earned you another milestone. Enjoy the Milestone Award of your choice:

- 10,000 Bonus Points – good for rewards like two free nights in a Category 1 hotel or $100 toward dining or spa experiences

or

-One Suite Upgrade Award – valid for a stay of up to seven nights, confirmable at booking

You have 90 days to choose your award, so make your selection soon – you’ll have plenty of time to use it.
Suite Upgrade Awards (SUA) that I’ve earned within the past few months have an expiration date of Feb 28, 2023. I’d like to maximize the expiration date of future SUAs.

In order to have an expiration date of Feb 28/29*, 2024 should one make the selection on or after January 1, 2022 or on or after March 1, 2022 or some other date? Please advise. Thank you.

(* 2024 is a leap year.)
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:05 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I just received an email from WOH: Suite Upgrade Awards (SUA) that I’ve earned within the past few months have an expiration date of Feb 28, 2023. I’d like to maximize the expiration date of future SUAs.

In order to have an expiration date of Feb 28/29*, 2024 should one make the selection on or after January 1, 2022 or on or after March 1, 2022 or some other date? Please advise. Thank you.

(* 2024 is a leap year.)
The T&Cs are pretty clear here ...

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid through the end of the year in which they were earned (or, for Lifetime Globalists, gifted annually on or around March 1) plus fourteen (14) months.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Not only all of that but you’re earning 3x points the whole way, now earning rollover night credits towards next year and if you’re making a points booking you get a rebate plus complimentary parking. Along with that is Globalist status which has amazing benefits worth everything..
What are the rollover night credits? Did I miss something?

Edit: Never mind, I just realized this post was from September 2020, not 2021
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by sammybk
What are the rollover night credits? Did I miss something?
It was something offered in Q4 2020, that may or May not be offered again in Q4 2021 to roll forward nights to the next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.