Wiki Posts
Search

40 Night gifts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

40 Night gifts

S/B passing 40 next week. there are 3 choices the 5K in pts is OK but I feel the $100 GC is worth more, but is it an electronic card or physical? Id imagine like any GC its not restricted to $100 off base rate so if with tx you owe say $103 use the HGC and now you only owe $3. Are there any limitations to the HGC taht I should know about, with thee xception its only good at Hyatt Props?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
S/B passing 40 next week. there are 3 choices the 5K in pts is OK but I feel the $100 GC is worth more, but is it an electronic card or physical? Id imagine like any GC its not restricted to $100 off base rate so if with tx you owe say $103 use the HGC and now you only owe $3. Are there any limitations to the HGC taht I should know about, with thee xception its only good at Hyatt Props?
You should check the list of properties that you can use it at - it’s a wide list but it’s not ALL Hyatt properties.

It doesn’t expire and I’d value the 5000 points at ~$75, so I always choose the $100 gift card.

Remembering to actually use them is a different issue...
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleslaw
You should check the list of properties that you can use it at - it’s a wide list but it’s not ALL Hyatt properties.
THX, had no idea that all props didnt take it, will make sure the ones I stay at or will stay at does.

I also put a $75 tag onto the 5K, but its better then the HGC if the hotels you stay at wont take the GC
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:21 pm

I had the same choice to make a month or so ago. Choose the $100 gift card. Received email with link to display it in a day or two. Already had a stay at the Hyatt Clearwater planned and it was simple to use. Just got the display up on my phone and showed to the FD agent. He took the $100 of my bill and Bob's you uncle.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
I had the same choice to make a month or so ago. Choose the $100 gift card. Received email with link to display it in a day or two. Already had a stay at the Hyatt Clearwater planned and it was simple to use. Just got the display up on my phone and showed to the FD agent. He took the $100 of my bill and Bob's you uncle.
So the only way it can be used is if you have a Smartphone? so its not a physical card?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:40 pm

Unsure... you could of course print out the displayed certificate and use that. It has a "pin" number on it. Other veterans would know more I suspect.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
So the only way it can be used is if you have a Smartphone? so its not a physical card?
definitely can print out
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:42 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
There's lots of discussion of the 40 night Milestone choices here : Milestone Rewards - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I presume you dont have the Hyatt credit card..you do lose some benefits by not using the card. Also the gift cards are pretty much only usable for domestic Hyatt hotels
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I presume you dont have the Hyatt credit card..you do lose some benefits by not using the card. Also the gift cards are pretty much only usable for domestic Hyatt hotels
There are good options in Mexico for using them too.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I haven't seen the 40% promo for awhile, but with the 30% promo you can buy points for 1.85 cents each.

So, you take $100 off your next hotel bill in the US, and use $92.50 to buy 5k points if you need them.

It's not a hard choice for me to take the $100...
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've always chosen the 5000 points. I'm not sure if I've ever stayed at a Hyatt in the US (I must have?) but I recall reading the gift card is not widely accepted outside the US (maybe North America) which is why I chose the points initially
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I came looking for this question, how lucky am I that it has been recently asked here and also a link provided to a few years ago discussions! Seems most say to take the $100... as 5k points can be worth more or less depending on how you use them. I know NOTHING about these FIND experiences but as everyone seems to ignore them, I'll assume there's a reason. So my only question would be this, does one earn points on their stay when using the $100 gift card? Let's assume a 1 night stay, the room was exactly 10. If yes, there's one more reason to opt that route, I'd say.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:45 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
So my only question would be this, does one earn points on their stay when using the $100 gift card? Let's assume a 1 night stay, the room was exactly 10. If yes, there's one more reason to opt that route, I'd say.
The gift card is just another form of payment and doesn't affect the eligible spend. Points and night credits are earned when the gift card is used. Anecdotally, this is true even when the T&Cs exclude gift cards as a form of payment.
Carolina2Cali and JackE like this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
$100
Hyatt Gift Card (valid at participating Hyatt hotels in the Americas, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean)

Americas = North, South, and Central

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.